The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 226 matches

by jgowing
19 Jul 2018, 11:10
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: xml support needed
Replies: 22
Views: 2707

Re: xml support needed

I have no prior knowledge of xml, but I have followed the tutorials and correspondence as best I can in order to add some animations to two of my learning projects. I am currently scratching my head after adding code for: First model: 1. Making the pilot appear and disappear before and after a fligh...
by jgowing
10 Jul 2018, 17:09
Forum: Real World Military
Topic: RAF Centenary
Replies: 6
Views: 651

Re: RAF Centenary

Such a crowd of Typhoons was a great sight, and such a rare opportunity. Good, too, to see nine Tornadoes up together. Can't believe their time is up soon.

Jon G
by jgowing
11 Jun 2018, 17:47
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: RDAF CL604 Challenger Dansish Air Show 2018
Replies: 5
Views: 539

Re: RDAF CL604 Challenger Dansish Air Show 2018

Very nice! I just saw this on the Air Britain site, and I hoped you might have a go!

Jon G
by jgowing
09 Jun 2018, 07:01
Forum: JYAI
Topic: AH-1S Cobra and AH-1Z Viper (Super Cobra_
Replies: 96
Views: 13712

Re: AH-1S Cobra and AH-1Z Viper (Super Cobra_

I think it's an OH6, one of mins' own works in progress?

Jon G
by jgowing
11 May 2018, 19:01
Forum: Retro AI Design
Topic: French retro military AI traffic
Replies: 115
Views: 14191

Re: French retro military AI traffic

I'm very sorry to hear about Jacques. I've long been a francophile, and over the years he was generous in his help on several sim related topics. Away from the sound and fury of military AI, we shared an interest in GA. Thanks to him many of the quieter places in my SIM are busy. Thanks Jacques, sle...
by jgowing
26 Apr 2018, 20:54
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Mdl Tweaker II
Views: 675

Re: Mdl Tweaker II

An update: FSDeveloper forums indicate Mdl Tweaker was designed for Gmax, I use FSDS. It's unclear from what I've read whether FSDS generated models definitely can't be tweaked. Some users reported objects lying flat or inverted normals, which fits with what I've seen. There is an implication that c...
by jgowing
26 Apr 2018, 17:46

Re: Mdl Tweaker II

Yes, I'm still with FS9 for now, and I had doubled up the tweaked object to no avail. The fact that the "rotate to user" feature also isn't working leads me to suspect a deeper root cause.

Jon G
by jgowing
26 Apr 2018, 15:45

Mdl Tweaker II

I'm playing with some scenery where I want flags to point correctly according to the wind, and to have some other objects always facing towards me. I heard about Mdl Tweaker and installed it with no problem. It appears to run but when I view all such objects in sim they either don't appear at all or...
by jgowing
01 Apr 2018, 17:01
Forum: Real World Military
Topic: RAF 100 - Per Ardua Ad Astra
Replies: 0
Views: 415

RAF 100 - Per Ardua Ad Astra

With thanks to all who have served in the RAF, past and present. A phenomenal history of which to be very proud on this centenary day. The future is always uncertain, but today we celebrate.

Jon G
by jgowing
29 Mar 2018, 20:34
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Flightplan French AF - Various AI Traffic Aircrafts
Replies: 2
Views: 412

Re: Flightplan French AF - Various AI Traffic Aircrafts

Christian Page made a nice AI FS9 Nord 262 which is available on Flightsim.com, and Jacques Capdeville did a set of paints for the Aeronavale Nord 262 fleet based at Nimes (available at Avsim). Might be okay in FSX, hope this helps. And of course there's the Jake Burrus T28, albeit without Fennec pa...
by jgowing
21 Feb 2018, 12:48
Forum: MAIW FSX/P3D Package Conversion
Topic: Move/Adjust Airport
Views: 663

Re: Move/Adjust Airport

Hi Greg, that worked a treat for the buildings, all good. The aircraft start position is good, too, but all the runways and taxiways have now disappeared, although everything looks okay in ADE. I've tried applying a flatten but it doesn't appear to make any difference. Oh, and traffic is okay, it si...
by jgowing
20 Feb 2018, 21:56
Forum: MAIW FSX/P3D Package Conversion
Topic: Move/Adjust Airport
Views: 663

Re: Move/Adjust Airport

In a similar but in every sense retro way, I wanted to adjust Brian Clark's RAE Bedford to align with my old photoscenery in FS9. The prokey for ADE does indeed allow the airport itself to be moved, but the buildings are all in a separate bgl and I don't yet know of any way to re-align them too. Jon G
by jgowing
09 Feb 2018, 20:07
Topic: RAF Airbus H135 Juno & H145 Jupiter
Replies: 20
Views: 1756

Re: RAF Airbus H135 Juno & H145 Jupiter

Hi Mark! As ever, I'm interested in helicopters, so, as one of the few Just Flight package owners, I'm in for the H135's!

Good to see you back in circulation..

Cheers,

Jon
by jgowing
16 Nov 2017, 10:11
Topic: FSDS Scenery keyframe animation FS9
Views: 717

Re: FSDS Scenery keyframe animation FS9

Thanks Mike; good to know I was on the right lines. I was using the MCX animation viewer "to save time", but in future I'll rely on the acid test of the sim. Thanks for the tip.

All the best,

Jon G
by jgowing
15 Nov 2017, 14:25

Mike, I'm making progress; the blade/hub assembly rotates about the Z axis. I wanted a complete rotation in around 5 seconds, so I set keyframes at 0, 33, 66 and 99, rotating -120 degrees each time. The list of Z rotations is accordingly 0, -120, 120 and 0; so far so good, assuming the negative and ...
by jgowing
15 Nov 2017, 09:56

Thanks Mike for that encouraging reply; I'll dive in tonight and give it a go.

Jon G
by jgowing
14 Nov 2017, 20:44

FSDS Scenery keyframe animation FS9

I'd made a wind turbine and now I want to animate it in FS9 using tick animation, simple enough but I hadn't done it before. FSDS 3.5 help points me to scenery keyframe animations in the browse dropdown list, but scenery keyframe animations aren't on that list in the program, just stock animations. ...
by jgowing
16 Sep 2017, 16:22
Topic: United Kingdom Emergency Services
Replies: 62
Views: 6127

Re: United Kingdom Emergency Services

Those look really good Mark! And homes appearing for all those great repaints! Very nice job..

Jon G
by jgowing
02 Sep 2017, 22:00
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: AI UH-1 Huey???
Replies: 23
Views: 3650

Re: AI UH-1 Huey???

Yes indeed. Inspired by what I've seen, I built a DH Hornet Moth. It's simple, but it works, with help from the talented Mr Young. And I realize it's a small plane, not really military, but the pleasure from doing it yourself is great! I'm even thinking I might upload it somewhere in due course. We ...
by jgowing
14 Aug 2017, 21:18
Forum: JYAI
Topic: A-10 Thunderbolt II
Replies: 262
Views: 28455

Re: A-10 Thunderbolt II

Not familiar with what the gold does.. feeling a little ignorant..

Jon G