Search found 567 matches

by mikeblaze
21 May 2014, 14:24
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Dragons and Ducks
Replies: 79
Views: 6404

Re: Dragons and Ducks

Here's a side profile of the Draken as of today. This is the J-35A (late Swedish model). It has the "Adam-Lange" extended rear fuselage with rear center tail wheel assembly, the IRST under the cockpit, and the long skinny blade antenna on the belly near the main wheels. The Austrian model ...
by mikeblaze
21 May 2014, 14:14

Re: Dragons and Ducks

You guys are sick........ I should have named the thread "Kites and Ducks", it would have stumped you for at least another twenty seconds or so..... :lol: Anyways, here is the first profile picture, taken a couple of months ago. I have actually had primitive models with stick-landing gear ...
by mikeblaze
21 May 2014, 13:39

Dragons and Ducks

I can't resist this riddle..... This is a two-aircraft project, so it will be a short thread. The clues are very loose translations of some (non-English) language. This will be a summer project, arranged around wildfire season. I wouldn't start the thread if I didn't have something to show off, but ...
by mikeblaze
17 May 2014, 16:32
Topic: Struck by Lightning....
Replies: 145
Views: 8948

Re: Struck by Lightning....

Never too late to fix it...... The dirty little secret behind the glitched T.54 and T.55 models is that I never compiled them, simply forgot to. The models in those folders are actually F.53 models, explaining the non-compatibility issue. I honestly didn't fix them because by the time I figured it o...
by mikeblaze
17 May 2014, 15:42
Topic: Mother Russia
Replies: 325
Views: 19497

Re: Mother Russia

I have had a flood of congrats from various people, on this thread and via email, for this latest benchmark. Thanks to everybody for supporting my work, that's all I ever asked when I started doing this. I just did an accounting of files, the actual file count, not counting contributed paints to MAI...
by mikeblaze
17 May 2014, 07:03

Well I am kinda glad that you have reached both milestones. I'm in two minds Steve. For the vast majority of the first 3,000 I worked at Avsim and had to process all those files!! :smt005 Well done Mike and the new model (as usual) looks great. Stew, I hope you weren't the poor sod on library duty ...
by mikeblaze
17 May 2014, 06:16

.... and the moral of this story is "try, try again....." When I said one little FDE fix, I had no idea what I was in store for....... A couple of weeks, and a few new gray hairs later, I hammered it out to a workable state for release. That being said, this is a very special package to be...
by mikeblaze
12 May 2014, 14:35
Topic: Century Series (American Heavy Metal)
Replies: 307
Views: 22592

Re: Century Series (American Heavy Metal)

Here's 112 repaints worth of exports for four countries, and all four main models are in use here (A/C/D/F)....... Going to AVSIM today.

:smt004
by mikeblaze
05 May 2014, 20:34

I will be doing the Skyblazers and Thunderbirds teams, planned to be the last part of this project, after the exports. I have the ROCAF and RDAF done, the French are a little more involved because of units and diverse tail art, but I think I have all the tail art I need. The Turks are pretty straigh...
by mikeblaze
04 May 2014, 15:17
Topic: Euro-Scooter
Replies: 86
Views: 7453

Re: Euro-Scooter

Those pilots aren't a work of Rembrandt (or Michelangelo, more appropriately), but they will do just fine for low-poly AI. :D

... I have to confess, I didn't put shoes on them, lol....

by mikeblaze
03 May 2014, 15:00

Something for Sunday afternoon, again....... I am at work, but on a slow weekend, I am planning on publishing the first part of the Su-25 project late Saturday or sometime Sunday (GMT -7). I will put up some screenshots later today, just got done with final in-flight testing of a loaded flight ramp,...
by mikeblaze
26 Apr 2014, 05:39

The single-LOD beta model is off to the beta-testers (you know who you are), so hopefully on a two-week schedule the rest will be up to Giorgio and his wonderful scenery.

by mikeblaze
25 Apr 2014, 13:05

I didn't start this in its own forum, so I don't hold anybody accountable to go all the 'way back and read the first post (it was about the Gina, lol). So, to clarify: This is the Italian variant for now, for an upcoming package from MAIW (Giorgio Perotti, 'Bismark'). I will do the Brazilian variant...
by mikeblaze
23 Apr 2014, 21:25

Somebody should track what I repaint weekly when I go on these rampages...... This is F-100 Part 4, covering the F-100F in its entirety, 8 models and 128 repaints, uploading to AVSIM as we speak.....

by mikeblaze
23 Apr 2014, 19:35

The AMX was one of the Easter eggs I mentioned over on 'Mother Russia', the SMAI MiG-25 re-build being the other one..... :smt004
by mikeblaze
22 Apr 2014, 22:48

Sorry I got stalled on this project, I got lost for a couple of months in the forest, with Bears and Frogfoots, and Floggers, oh my!

by mikeblaze
22 Apr 2014, 22:47

Forgot to post the release picture......

by mikeblaze
22 Apr 2014, 22:44

This set of aircraft will be for at least one Giorgio Perotti package, not sure if he is doing all of the airfields in one package. There are only about 50-60 operational aircraft, but that's his end of the project, lol.
by mikeblaze
22 Apr 2014, 18:19

Here's the latest Euro-Scooter.... This is for an upcoming MAIW project, and yes, I will do the Embraer ones after the MAIW packages get published. This represents the newest aircraft I have modeled to date, it's only about twenty years old, lol.

by mikeblaze
22 Apr 2014, 18:16

Just uploaded Part 3, covering late-model F-100Ds, from Vietnam to the end of service with the USAF and ANG. I also threw in 18 repaints worth of ANG F-100Cs..... Next stop, F-100F, and then the exports.