Search found 122 matches

by wbunnell
27 Jul 2010, 00:07
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Elmendorf Slow to load.
Replies: 7
Views: 402

Re: Elmendorf Slow to load.

I'm not talking about loading, I'm talking about Starting. After it starts to load it takes about 5 seconds to finish loading.
by wbunnell
26 Jul 2010, 12:32
Topic: Elmendorf Slow to load.
Replies: 7
Views: 402

Elmendorf Slow to load.

I’m having a problem loading default, PAED, Elmendorf AFB.
After selecting the Elmendorf flight to load, it takes 33 seconds to start loading, after that it loads OK.
All the rest of my flights start to load instantly.
The MAIW Elmendorf package will not load unless I delete most of the Scenery items
by wbunnell
15 Jul 2010, 13:33
Topic: Drive Through Parking 2
Replies: 3
Views: 257

Re: Drive Through Parking 2

Maybe not what you're after, but I suggest altering your flightplans so that you don't have simultaneous arrivals and departures, thus reducing the possibility of head-ons. Changing the flightplans, is a great idea, but sooner or later it going to happen. It would be a lot better to have the contro...
by wbunnell
14 Jul 2010, 18:16
Topic: Drive Through Parking 2
Replies: 3
Views: 257

Drive Through Parking 2

Have completed drive thru parking for Dyess AFB. The problem now is trying to keep aircraft from taxing thru each other, when one is taxing out and one is taxing in. I am using MAIW B-1, C-130, and KC-135, for testing. While using the C-130, the tower told three or four aircraft to hold position, fo...
by wbunnell
11 Jul 2010, 23:45
Topic: Aircraft Takeoff roll
Replies: 8
Views: 413

Re: Aircraft Takeoff roll

C-17 Landing Roll. C-17 landing Roll outs are longer, using the literature, below the last [fltsim.X] file in the “aircraft” folder for the KC-135R. Both aircraft, the C-17 and the KC-135R are in the MAIW inventory. Placing it in the C-17A aircraft folder, give a much better takeoff and landing roll...
by wbunnell
09 Jul 2010, 19:25
Topic: Aircraft to Parking
Replies: 4
Views: 292

Re: Aircraft to Parking

By placing node ahead of the normal exit node, running a line to a new hold short node, then to the to the return taxiway plumbing, the problem appears to be solved, I hope.
by wbunnell
09 Jul 2010, 13:08

Re: Aircraft to Parking

After an aircraft lands, it is supposed to exit the runway at the closest taxiway to the parking spot? Nope. It will generally exit at the nearest twy exit beyond where it finishes its landing roll, provided that this exit can lead to the parking spot it has been assigned. If there is no such exit ...
by wbunnell
08 Jul 2010, 17:50

Aircraft to Parking

After an aircraft lands, it is supposed to exit the runway at the closest taxiway to the parking spot? Testing Drive through Parking at Hickham PHNL, all, aircraft exit left, all except the KC-10. All parking spots are to the Northwest off end of Runway 8R. The First KC-10 Exits Left, all subsequent...
by wbunnell
29 Jun 2010, 11:21
Topic: Drive Through Parking
Views: 323

Re: Drive Through Parking

I tried to attach KDOV, and KRIV, didn't work????????????
Will try again
AF2_KRIV_Master.bgl
(46.37 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
by wbunnell
28 Jun 2010, 13:50
Topic: Drive Through Parking
Views: 323

Drive Through Parking

I have completed, KDOV, Dover AFB main ramp, with Drive through Parking. I am now trying to do to same with KRIV, March ARB. The ramp has a completely different foot print, and I’m having a problem with the outgoing and incoming “Plumbing”. The outgoing line works fine, the return line is over the o...
by wbunnell
22 Jun 2010, 19:13

At my own peril, I will play and see what happens, Thanks for the cautions. This sounds interesting. As far as the aircraft landing 1.5nm from the end of the runway, I was testing B-52s not AI, the first one made an approach zig zaging back and forth finely landing somewhere in a field headed away f...
by wbunnell
22 Jun 2010, 14:13

This for FS9 The specific aircraft I’m interesting is the KC-135, The MAIW version roll a little over 5000’.Which isn’t bad. Having spent many years working on the KC-135, a more realistic distance for a fully loaded aircraft, would be around 8500’ to 9000’ Of course I have to take into consideratio...
by wbunnell
22 Jun 2010, 01:59

Aircraft Takeoff roll

Using the toe Brake settings, on Default aircraft in AI plus, some military aircraft, you can change the landing roll out to a longer roll out.
How do you change the Takeoff roll distance?
by wbunnell
10 Jun 2010, 18:50
Topic: Aircraft Disappear After landing
Replies: 9
Views: 369

Re: Aircraft Disappear After landing

Sounds like there is no route to the parking ie a gap in the taxiway Gary Fault Finder doesn,t Show any faults int the wunway/taxiway setup. Just for S+Giggles, I deleted the Runway from Taxiway D to Taxiway C, then reinstalled it, son of a gun it seems to have solved the problem. Hope this is the ...
by wbunnell
10 Jun 2010, 17:53

Garysb wrote:Sounds like there is no route to the parking ie a gap in the taxiway

Gary
Fault Finder doesn,t Show any faults int the wunway/taxiway setup.
by wbunnell
10 Jun 2010, 13:46

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Aircraft Taking off from an airport that has enough spots to accommodate them before they take off, should have enough spots to accomodate them when they land. Correct in the real world, but not correct in the world of FS. If you have more traffic programmed to use this...
by wbunnell
10 Jun 2010, 12:58

Checking my Drive through Parking, the aircraft leave the parking spot, taxi to end of runway, take off. When they return to the airfield, they land, roll out, and then disappear. Other aircraft land and go to selected parking spots. The Aircraft in question are AI, KC-135, from MAIW. C-17s Land tu...
by wbunnell
10 Jun 2010, 12:34

Aircraft Disappear After landing

Checking my Drive through Parking, the aircraft leave the parking spot, taxi to end of runway, take off. When they return to the airfield, they land, roll out, and then disappear. Other aircraft land and go to selected parking spots. The Aircraft in question are AI, KC-135, from MAIW. C-17s Land tur...
by wbunnell
30 Jan 2010, 14:58
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Trees on Ramp
Replies: 11
Views: 552

Trees on Ramp

Downloaded McConnell AI package, every thing work OK except there are trees on the Ramp.

Tried cutting back on scenery level, but to remove the trees I also lose the hangers.
by wbunnell
09 Jan 2010, 14:52
Topic: MAIW Aircraft no show FSX
Replies: 10
Views: 337

Re: MAIW Aircraft no show FSX

Cool! Shame it only worked for one of you though. Maybe the other one is a straight AI installation issue, but w/o seeing it in place it will be difficult to tell. @wbunnell When you say you tried to load up a C-40A, was that from one of our packages or one that you are trying to add yourself? (It ...