Elmendorf Slow to load.

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
wbunnell
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Elmendorf Slow to load.

Post by wbunnell »

I’m having a problem loading default, PAED, Elmendorf AFB.
After selecting the Elmendorf flight to load, it takes 33 seconds to start loading, after that it loads OK.
All the rest of my flights start to load instantly.
The MAIW Elmendorf package will not load unless I delete most of the Scenery items
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Elmendorf Slow to load.

Post by Firebird »

It takes about that time to load on my system too, and a load of other places with addon scenery. I don't think its a problem, I think it is reality.
Steve
LEBTowerGuy

Post by LEBTowerGuy »

To load FS with all of the scenery, aircraft, and other misc stuff, I have about a 5 minute load time once I do all of the selections. Just to boot up FS takes a little over 7 minutes.
wbunnell
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by wbunnell »

I'm not talking about loading, I'm talking about Starting. After it starts to load it takes about 5 seconds to finish loading.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

My guess, and it should be taken as a guess, is that it takes the time to load the scenery. The 5 secs would be to load the flight itself.
Of course, I could be talking rubbish here! :lol:
Steve
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

wbunnell wrote:I'm not talking about loading, I'm talking about Starting. After it starts to load it takes about 5 seconds to finish loading.
To be clear, are you talking about the time delay between hitting the "Fly Now" button and the aircraft appearing at the selected airport?

If this is the case, then the amount of Traffic could be a major factor. The engine which controls the AI, needs to check through the bgls to configure the traffic for the area you are flying in................after it has loaded in the selected scenery etc.
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
wbunnell
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by wbunnell »

Stewart Pearson wrote:
wbunnell wrote:I'm not talking about loading, I'm talking about Starting. After it starts to load it takes about 5 seconds to finish loading.
To be clear, are you talking about the time delay between hitting the "Fly Now" button and the aircraft appearing at the selected airport?

If this is the case, then the amount of Traffic could be a major factor. The engine which controls the AI, needs to check through the bgls to configure the traffic for the area you are flying in................after it has loaded in the selected scenery etc.
I am talking about the delay between hitting the fly now button, and appearance of the selected airport.

The airfield is bare no buildings, scenery items just the airport. Elmendorf is the only one that takes a long time to load, every one else takes less the a second or two to show up, even with scenery items.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

Any other Alaskan scenery?
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."