Search found 126 matches

by garysted
21 Nov 2009, 18:06
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Ørland and Bodø
Replies: 57
Views: 3342

Re: Ørland and Bodø

David/all, This may muddy the problem even more or be similar to what the other guy is having problems with but I did also have a similar issue when first setting Andoya and Orland up. Everything was fine on both installs but I wanted to tinker with the AFCADs a bit (change the parking codes, move s...
by garysted
21 Nov 2009, 14:59
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Orland
Replies: 11
Views: 774

Re: Orland

David/all, Thanks for that list, that's quite handy. By checking out as many photo databases as possible I've identified and remarked 33 AM and 7 BM airframes with another 2 active in other markings that I can't do (unless any repainter can step in!). There's another 13 AM airframes that the Dutch s...
by garysted
21 Nov 2009, 12:20

Gents, I had a similar problem yesterday with the ENVA (Vaernes) scenery from Norwegian Airports. I was running some circuits from Orland and noticed that the commerical stuff was turning left straight across the grass when they should be turning right towards the terminal. I figured it was a simple...
by garysted
20 Nov 2009, 17:09

Ok, I'll start to put together in a pack now. They're in a bit of a mess at the moment as the folder includes the old original ones as well. Just for your reference now if you want to incorporate them into your pack at some point tail numbers with that fin flash I have available are: F-16AM; 681, 65...
by garysted
20 Nov 2009, 15:54

Looks great Gary! Do you want to share the repaints? Yeah, certainly, can do. Although all I've done is to take the repaints from Graham Kings RnoAF pack and renumbered a few inline with recent pics on Airliners.net of RnoAF Vipers. I've just checked and the pack is still down at Avsim at the momen...
by garysted
19 Nov 2009, 22:06

Orland

Gents, A few shots which are a result of some time spent adding the new Orland scenery alongside some new and altered flightplans. Arriving amongst five VFA-204 F/A-18A's for a visit, is the specially marked jet. http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b264/garysted/GCS0101.jpg http://i21.photobucket.com/...
by garysted
16 Nov 2009, 16:43

Hi David, I just have to say many thanks for the Orland and Andoya sceneries. I set both up over the weekend and programmed in some P-3 and F-16 AI, excellent stuff as Norway has always been my favourite location outside the UK to visit and fly from. Although I've got the Norwegian Airports installe...
by garysted
26 Aug 2009, 20:57
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Unusual AI problem.
Replies: 0
Views: 179

Unusual AI problem.

Gents, I came across this little problem while testing out some FP's I'd written for the New Jersey ANG F-16 textures that were recently done. I'd written for a four-ship flight (Devil 41-44 flight) to go to Nellis, routing via McConnell AFB. As I like to try and give aircraft time to clear the runw...
by garysted
17 Aug 2009, 19:40
Forum: Military Aviation Photography
Topic: Apache photography.
Replies: 1
Views: 354

Apache photography.

Hi all, A section for aviation pics - excellent! As you've probably gathered from my previous postings I get out and about with the camera a lot, so I'll probably be posting a fair bit in here over time. I thought I'd just start off with a few of my local birds just up the road; the AAC WAH-64 Apach...
by garysted
15 Aug 2009, 20:28
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: 1435 flt Typhoon.
Replies: 18
Views: 1157

Hi Steve, Thanks for that link as I've always been interested in air ops over Malta during the war and that was a new one on me. I gather according to Fighter Control forum ZK301 was delivered to Coningsby during this past week, although I haven't seen any images yet. It seems a probable guess then ...
by garysted
15 Aug 2009, 18:38

Thanks all. I didn't realise that '944 had also been done, as it hasn't been noticed on the forums yet. I assume the four aircraft will eventually all be coded in 1435's traditional codes. The history of these and 1435's inital history has always been a little vague, and some of the information from...
by garysted
07 Aug 2009, 18:21

1435 flt Typhoon.

All, I've done a quick cut and paste job to create the first 1435 Flt Typhoon that was roled out a couple of days ago at Coningsby, it had previously been flying unmarked. They've only done the fin so far so it was quite straightforward. I can email the textures if anybody wants them, they're for ZJ...
by garysted
07 Aug 2009, 18:14
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Bodo scenery - floating AI
Replies: 14
Views: 725

Hi James/Firebird, I believe you have to download the AFCAD's from the download site(s) separately. I've put the link down below if you're looking for them. http://www.flightsim.no/norway/naframe_e.php?del=afcad_e I'll have to have a play around with the order of my scenery to see if I can get the A...
by garysted
05 Aug 2009, 22:19

Hi again Firebird. Thanks for the links, I downloaded the Ai fix and version 4_3, which did seem to be a later version than what I had before. I had some hope this would make the scenery a little more connected, particularly between the isolated HAS's. I'm afraid it started a a bit of a mess that I'...
by garysted
04 Aug 2009, 18:08

Hi Firebird, I overlooked that file, I didn't think to look for files titled Bodo, only the ones with ENBO as part of the description. Oops! Do you think this had any bearing on the original problem (now fixed) or the lack of taxiways? I can't find any links or mention of a update 4 zip for this at ...
by garysted
03 Aug 2009, 21:43

Hi again, Thanks for your help Mark, but I stumbled across the solution almost by accident. I started to randomly take out the three bgl files to see what happend and was lucky when the first one (ENBOflt.exc) had the desired effect - no change to scenery that I can see, yet everything now sits on t...
by garysted
03 Aug 2009, 10:00

Gents, Thanks for the comments. I've pulled the only other AFCAD for Bodo that was found without any change. Any ideas on what to look for in the add on scenery folder? The 'scenery' folder within the Norwegian airports folder has the following three bgl's specific to ENBO; enbo_underexc.bgl ENBOexc...
by garysted
02 Aug 2009, 23:53

Bodo scenery - floating AI

Hi all, I always thought I'd escape the dreaded floating AI problem but have finally got caught out and am at a loss in where to go now. A long time ago I was setting up the AI Norwegian F-16s and went back to have another look tonight at Bodo (ENBO) as I have the Norwegian Airports scenery pack ins...
by garysted
13 Apr 2009, 15:28
Topic: AMC flights and Ramstein.
Replies: 10
Views: 831

Hi, Flying Illini, did you have any luck getting rid of the static aircraft or getting the AI to sit on the ground. If either of those were sorted it would be ok but it's beyond my rather limited knowledge I'm afraid. I found a forum about FS under AFG but couldn't see anything about Ramstein, unles...
by garysted
12 Apr 2009, 18:19
Topic: AMC flights and Ramstein.
Replies: 10
Views: 831

Hi, It's the one linked here. I did find a reference to this on the forum from a while back where somebody was asking the same two questions, without any luck though. http://www.german-virtual-airforce.de/Extras/Downloads/downloads.htm I ran the German instructions through a translation programme bu...