Search found 411 matches

by hschuit
13 Mar 2019, 08:32
Forum: MAIW Conversion Package Support for FSX and P3D
Topic: MAIW MGAI Boeing xC-135 Family Conversion Support
Replies: 21
Views: 2139

Re: MAIW MGAI Boeing xC-135 Family Conversion Support

T., let me try to respond to your feedback: - The amount of tail stand / cargo door models being spawned is also controlled by the flight plan so you could alter it with AI Flight Planner. - The cargo door models only have the cargo door open during the pre flight / post flight phase (same as the cr...
by hschuit
06 Mar 2019, 11:42
Forum: MAIW FSX/P3D Package Conversion
Topic: transparent canopy???
Replies: 10
Views: 1682

Re: transparent canopy???

Depends on a couple of things: - Are the canopy modelparts separate from the rest of the parts? If not you first need to un-weld them with MCX or if that does not work use a 3D modeling tool like Blender. - Are the canopy modelparts textured and does the texture have an alpha for transparency (1) or...
by hschuit
06 Mar 2019, 08:36
Topic: MAIW JKAI Northrop T-38 Talon Conversion Support
Replies: 27
Views: 2049

Re: MAIW JKAI Northrop T-38 Talon Conversion Support

Here is a cloud link to the asymetrical tailplanes hotfix:

https://app.box.com/s/wa31gtmgawsz8idhuozus4ezvufivptf

Simply replace the 10 old model .MDL files with the new ones from the JKAI_T-38_Talon_Hotfix_20190306.zip file.
by hschuit
06 Mar 2019, 07:43

Pete, you are right, they somehow got tilted a bit, my mistake. I guess I am not the only one who did not see this before, you are the first one reporting it out of 393 downloaders...

Henk.
by hschuit
18 Feb 2019, 08:07
Forum: General Projects
Topic: RAF Brüggen FSX/P3D - Coming, but NOT soon....
Replies: 114
Views: 12796

Re: RAF Brüggen FSX/P3D - Coming, but NOT soon....

Manfred, that looks stunning - literally cold war scenery.

Henk.
by hschuit
10 Feb 2019, 22:54
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: P3Dv4: AI aircraft: Very fast stopping after landing...
Replies: 3
Views: 630

Re: P3Dv4: AI aircraft: Very fast stopping after landing...

I know what you mean, AI traffic has a significantly shorter roll out in P3D than in FS9. There are a few aircraft.cfg parameters you can tweak to increase roll out length: [GeneralEngineData] min_throttle_limit: Smaller negative value will increase roll out distance, try e.g. -0.02 instead of -1.00...
by hschuit
06 Feb 2019, 10:26
Topic: Vought RF-8G Crusader AI.
Replies: 15
Views: 1613

Re: Vought RF-8G Crusader AI.

I haven't noticed anything wrong with Mike's models. What do you think is wrong? I did not say anything is wrong, it is just what Dean says, they are a bit simple compared to more recent releases. For my Landivisiau scenery I use a converted Abacus F-8 model which looks much better but that is just...
by hschuit
05 Feb 2019, 11:35
Topic: Vought RF-8G Crusader AI.
Replies: 15
Views: 1613

Re: Vought RF-8G Crusader AI.

Dean, I would welcome a proper FSX/P3D AI Crusader. Martin has been asking me to convert Mike's old FS9 models but I found the Crusaders a bit long in the tooth, not worth the conversion effort for me. That screenshot tells me you got the shape right, looks very promising.

Henk.
by hschuit
29 Jan 2019, 14:33
Topic: MAIW MBAI Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird Conversion Support
Replies: 8
Views: 792

Re: MAIW MBAI Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird Conversion Support

"ieyasu+TOKUGAWA-86", are you unable to find the FS9 zip file on AVSIM or are you unable to convert the FS9 flightplan to FSX format? Anyway, here is an attachment with the converted FSX flightplan:

If this still is not good enough I throw the towel in the ring 8)
Henk.
by hschuit
28 Jan 2019, 14:48
Forum: MAIW Matrix Support
Topic: AI F-18s flying with canopy open
Replies: 17
Views: 1457

Re: AI F-18s flying with canopy open

I did not convert the Australian Hornets but after opening one in MCX I think I know what the problem is. The animation tag which controls the canopy has the unwanted side effect that the canopy opens in full flight when the aircraft flies above 10,000 feet: (A:LIGHT NAV,bool) if{ (A:LIGHT LANDING, ...
by hschuit
28 Jan 2019, 13:53
Topic: NAS Lemoore P3DV4 Package Problem
Replies: 5
Views: 833

Re: NAS Lemoore P3DV4 Package Problem

Thanks to Greg's idea I found this in the P3Dv4.4 SDK: "In order to improve layering materials on the ground for airport ground polygons, Prepar3D has implemented a Z-Bias level material setting. This functionality only works with "No Z Write" checked on the material. Using values bet...
by hschuit
27 Jan 2019, 17:31
Topic: NAS Lemoore P3DV4 Package Problem
Replies: 5
Views: 833

Re: NAS Lemoore P3DV4 Package Problem

This is the dreaded Z-buffer fighting problem, quite common with converted FS9 scenery objects. FSX and specially P3D do not like rendering scenery object polygons which are placed closely in front of another polygon, in your case the symbol placards. This also happens with FS9 style windows which a...
by hschuit
26 Jan 2019, 20:49
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Lctr
Replies: 2
Views: 394

Re: Lctr

That would be a compass locator. Compass locators are low-powered NDBs and are received and indicated by the ADF receiver. When used in conjunction with an ILS front course, the compass locator facilities are collocated with the outer and/or MM facilities. The coding identification of the outer loca...
by hschuit
26 Jan 2019, 20:44
Topic: Question re P3D
Replies: 6
Views: 609

Re: Question re P3D

Did you find your P3D user settings folder? As you use v3 it should be C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3. You must have a Simobjects.cfg file, it is required by the sim, a fresh install creates that file with the 9 default simobjects folder paths.

Henk.
by hschuit
26 Jan 2019, 10:28
Topic: Question re P3D
Replies: 6
Views: 609

Re: Question re P3D

Stew, SimObject - Aircraft.cfg file structure is the same as in FSX. On top of that P3D offers more flexibility in folder locations. It is recommended to put add on aircraft folders outside the sim. P3D uses the \ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\simobjects.cfg file to control those locations,...
by hschuit
16 Jan 2019, 16:38
Topic: MAIW PSAI Cessna T-37 & A-37 Conversion Support
Replies: 4
Views: 627

Re: MAIW PSAI Cessna T-37 & A-37 Conversion Support

"MDoc", the Tweet is no longer in service with the USAF and the Matrix only controls the current fleet. This means you have to install the Tweet manually for retro scenery/traffic. Most of the Tweet units were based at training bases like Randolph AFB, Reese AFB, Laughlin AFB, Williams AFB...
by hschuit
15 Jan 2019, 13:39
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: FSX Native E-3 / RC-135
Replies: 30
Views: 4031

Re: FSX Native E-3 / RC-135

"expat", there will be smoking KC-135A and KC-135E AI models in the FSX/P3Dv4 conversion MGAI 135 family pack.
The 135's will be released as part of the upcoming "Heavy Metal" release which also will include lots of retro B-52 models.

Henk.
by hschuit
13 Jan 2019, 15:14
Topic: MAIW PSAI Dassault Dornier Alpha Jet Conversion Support
Replies: 14
Views: 1069

Re: MAIW PSAI Dassault Dornier Alpha Jet Conversion Support

Fabien, thanks for bringing that to my attention. This is how a corrupt MCX export looks like, I found the following Alpha Jet A mdl files are bad: Double_Air_ground Double_Belly Double_Fuel Double_Fuel_Ext Here is a link with the valid MDL files, installation instruction is in the enclosed README.t...
by hschuit
13 Jan 2019, 11:42
Topic: MAIW PSAI Dassault Dornier Alpha Jet Conversion Support
Replies: 14
Views: 1069

Re: MAIW PSAI Dassault Dornier Alpha Jet Conversion Support

Fabien, you should be able to find the FS9 source packs/flight plans in the Owl's Nest Military AI Reference section: http://www.owlsnest.eu/aiaircraft.php Search for "alpha" or "dornier" and you should get a list with a.o. "German AF flight plans" which is a download a...
by hschuit
13 Jan 2019, 08:25

I have AI Aircraft Editor v3.1.8.0 and Turkish texture names like texture=TurkAF_121_Tekamül_Filosu_23611 are showing correctly. I use FSX Steam and P3Dv4.4, no issues there either.

Henk.