The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 1322 matches

by TimC340
16 Dec 2023, 04:09
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Big problem with MAIW Nellis Misc Objects library for KLSV
Replies: 24
Views: 744

Re: Big problem with MAIW Nellis Misc Objects library for KLSV

Check that there’s only one Nellis on your system - and only one Nellis Misc Objects Library.
by TimC340
15 Dec 2023, 15:51

Something in the model or library is calling the wrong texture location. How are your add-on airfields installed into P3D?
by TimC340
15 Dec 2023, 14:17

Do these objects appear textured when you load the library into MCX?

I can confirm that the library appears correctly in P3Dv5.4.

by TimC340
09 Dec 2023, 22:44
Forum: Tutorials
Topic: Creating AI flight plans in P3Dv4.. How similar is it to creating AI flight plans in FSX?
Replies: 26
Views: 1037

Re: Creating AI flight plans in P3Dv4.. How similar is it to creating AI flight plans in FSX?

No, it's fine to put it straight in the sim. Despite the warnings of dire consequences in case of reinstallation, I've found that P3D does a good job of leaving user files unmolested and still accessible after a reinstall.
by TimC340
09 Dec 2023, 15:44
Topic: Creating AI flight plans in P3Dv4.. How similar is it to creating AI flight plans in FSX?

Re: Creating AI flight plans in P3Dv4.. How similar is it to creating AI flight plans in FSX?

Hi Joe I'm not sure I'm going to be able to answer the question directly as I think my file structure is different to yours. That's mainly because my military AI is based on the Matrix package which no longer exists but which I've adapted over the years to fit my needs. I have all of my config backe...
by TimC340
08 Dec 2023, 22:15

Damn - sorry Joe, I've been busy with Real Life stuff. I should get time to compare your xml with mine tomorrow. It's going to be slightly different as all mine is based on a modified Matrix installation, and of course that's not available any more.
by TimC340
07 Dec 2023, 10:17
Topic: Wingspans and Parking types
Replies: 3
Views: 245

Re: Wingspans and Parking types

There are definitely a few tricks and techniques that make parking at mil airfields work better. Particularly at US fields, parking tends to be in a grid format and the Ai engine really struggles with that - it will make aircraft drive through other aircraft and so on. The trick is to devise routing...
by TimC340
06 Dec 2023, 08:51
Topic: Wingspans and Parking types
Replies: 3
Views: 245

Re: Wingspans and Parking types

Hi - Ryan, is it? There's no list, but using Martin's AI Editor (download here ) you can investigate the AI aircraft and see what radius has been used and what spot size is needed. Note the radius isn't necessarily consistent with the real-world wingspan; it will have been selected to give the best ...
by TimC340
04 Dec 2023, 13:23
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Flight planning question
Replies: 5
Views: 324

Re: Flight planning question

Steve, I'm pretty sure nothing changed re AI traffic as P3D progressed, other than that airfield locations got more accurate and various ICAOs were updated and, for airfields closed since FSX, fairly randomly reallocated - in much the same way that MSFS did.
by TimC340
02 Dec 2023, 08:33

Do your AI aircraft work if you put them in the SimObjects folder in P3D? If they do, then something is wrong with the xml that's been generated.
by TimC340
30 Nov 2023, 22:34

Looking good, Joe! So, where have you got your traffic files? You can of course put them in P3D's scenery/world/scenery as you would with FS9 or FSX, but you can also add them via XML through Lorby in exactly the same way as you do any other scenery. Traffic files are scenery files, so you can add t...
by TimC340
30 Nov 2023, 12:25

Joe, it seems to me that what you're doing is asking Lorby to find addons you've already added to P3D, which is a bit like asking a phone directory to confirm that you have a phone! What you should be doing is adding the addons to P3D using Lorby, which means you have to tell the program where to fi...
by TimC340
29 Nov 2023, 18:51

I'd make a back-up of your AI-aircraft file so that any foul ups don't lose you the contents. I'd then delete all xml files in the version of the folder that Lorby can see. It will construct all the xml files it needs in the process of cataloguing and enabling your add-ons. If it's found the xml you...
by TimC340
28 Nov 2023, 11:28

Hi Joe yes, that looks correct for the add-on.xml file within the add-on folder you created. There needs to be an entry in the add-on.cfg file to point to this folder similar to this: [Package.14] Path=C:\Users\timco\OneDrive\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\MAIW Active=TRUE Required=FALSE The process ...
by TimC340
27 Nov 2023, 10:58

You need to create an xml entry in the add-on.cfg file to allow the sim to see those folders. The process is described rather well here. It's a lot easier to do than to describe!
by TimC340
26 Nov 2023, 10:06

All of your FSX flight plans will work in exactly the same way in P3Dv4. P3Dv5 updated many ICAO codes and airfield locations (MSFS 1-9/FSX/P3D1-4 were never too fussed about location accuracy!) but AIFP will automatically convert any plans that use old ICAO codes when converting to P3Dv5.
by TimC340
18 Nov 2023, 12:08
Forum: General Projects
Topic: MAIW File Size Upload Limits
Replies: 36
Views: 1466

Re: MAIW File Size Upload Limits

As I mentioned in an earlier post, UKMil did some fictional airfields - Northumbria and Orkney were complete fantasy, and Carnaby was a fictional extrapolation of how the airfield may have developed post-war. They were credible and well-detailed settings that showed off the exceptional skills in the...
by TimC340
17 Nov 2023, 16:52
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: A few Retro Repaints
Replies: 66
Views: 4084

Re: A few Retro Repaints

Very nice! Time I revisited Boscombe...
by TimC340
16 Nov 2023, 11:38
Forum: General Projects
Topic: MAIW File Size Upload Limits
Replies: 36
Views: 1466

Re: MAIW File Size Upload Limits

I have done a couple of airfields myself which go down the 'what if' line - I did Wethersfield as the base for a joint US/UK rapid deployment force as it might have been in the late 1990s. It was a real-world proposal that never got taken up, but it was fun to see what it might have looked like. I w...