Search found 1324 matches

by TimC340
26 Jan 2021, 09:20
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Making heli AFD overlay
Replies: 34
Views: 2358

Re: Making heli AFD overlay

The worst aspect was "radio interference". If a fixed-wing a/c landed at EGPD and exited along one of the helicopter runways, if the hold-short node was too close to the overlay runways the a/c would taxy out of EGPDs radio area and into 2GPDs instead. Since it hadn't landed at 2GPD it'd ...
by TimC340
26 Jan 2021, 09:09
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Mirage 2000 AI project for P3Dv4-5
Replies: 94
Views: 7585

Re: Mirage 2000 AI project for P3Dv4-5

I would like to ask a question. IF, and it is a big if, I have understood this correctly then FSX models can be converted to MSFS format/standard and P3D standard ones can't then wouldn't it make sense to have an FSX version, purely for this purpose? I realise that the MSFS question is not yet a cu...
by TimC340
22 Jan 2021, 23:38
Topic: Tango's workbench
Replies: 111
Views: 10466

Re: Tango's workbench

I remember seeing both of these at a USAnian airbase museum many years ago (40 or so). Offutt, maybe?
by TimC340
21 Jan 2021, 13:35
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Making heli AFD overlay
Replies: 34
Views: 2358

Re: Making heli AFD overlay

On top of our discussion over at FSDev, there is quite a bit about the topic in this thread: https://militaryaiworks.com/forums/topic?p=200952#p200952 John and I also discussed it a great deal off-forum. Overlay AFCADs are tricky, and the results often aren't predictable. In my experience, it takes ...
by TimC340
18 Jan 2021, 12:56
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Brize Norton Compatability with FSX
Replies: 2
Views: 414

Re: Brize Norton Compatability with FSX

If you can forgive the fact that it's a ten-year-old layout, so doesn't include 47AD's complex or the A400 Hangar, the payware UK2000 VFR series (Volume 1, version 2) is very acceptable, and it's pretty easy to adjust the parking in ADE to reflect modern practise.
by TimC340
10 Jan 2021, 17:04
Topic: P3Dv4 packages in FSX
Replies: 5
Views: 501

Re: P3Dv4 packages in FSX

ADE will object to opening a P3Dv4 (ADEP4) .ad4 file in FSX mode. However, the bgls may well work in FSX, depending on the models used.
by TimC340
10 Jan 2021, 16:54
Topic: RAF Bruggen OPEN BETA
Views: 7080

Re: RAF Bruggen OPEN BETA

Correct. When you drag the anti-pushback node to the centre, it has to be kept straight and also not go behind the centre. It's difficult to do as the distance reduces to about nothing. I find it slightly easier to do do in AFX than ADE. If the line isn't straight, the aircraft will return to park ...
by TimC340
10 Jan 2021, 12:13

Plumbing parking is a pain. It's much easier playing with aircraft cfg files! And I totally approve of trying to get some decent sound for AI aircraft, though I haven't really succeeded for many of them. Listening to F4s whispering past on take off really destroys the immersion!
by TimC340
06 Jan 2021, 11:17
Forum: JYAI
Topic: Aerospatiale Gazelle
Replies: 169
Views: 14281

Re: Aerospatiale Gazelle

It's my great regret that, even though I hate hicopleters, I never got to fly a Gazelle. It always looked like a fun little toy.

Looking good, John!
by TimC340
05 Jan 2021, 10:12

Tim, that's getting me down! Never seen that before, neither I got any other report of any other tester so far! Could anybody else please try to reproduce this appearance? Just one idea: Are the bright green trees maybe dynamic 3D autogen enabled inside P3D? I don't know anything about interaction ...
by TimC340
04 Jan 2021, 17:30

The winter thing is odd, and is nothing to do with Bruggen (I think). On Germany airfields with the default background, the sim is using the winter (not hard winter) texture in July, but if I move the view to England, it's glorious summer! Here's Wildenrath showing the winter airfield background: ht...
by TimC340
04 Jan 2021, 01:06

Manschy, are the trees round the base autogen? Sometimes they're there, and sometimes not! This may be a peculiarity of my P3Dv4 installation (which also seems to insist that all the airfields in Germany without a photoreal background use winter textures in July!), but I think yours is similar to mi...
by TimC340
02 Jan 2021, 18:32
Topic: Nimrod AI project for P3D (and FSX)
Replies: 55
Views: 4513

Re: Nimrod AI project for P3D (and FSX)

Excellent stuff!

I hated the real thing, but it's great to see it returning to the AI stable in far more detail than the old UKMil version - which still performs sterling service for me in FSX.
by TimC340
01 Jan 2021, 11:15
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: A brand new MS Flight Simulator is coming...
Replies: 408
Views: 39359

Re: A brand new MS Flight Simulator is coming...

It looks like the techniques for developing AI are coming on, but - as yet - are far from user-friendly. It's no surprise that the guys at AIG are at the forefront of this! It's inevitable that this will be a moving picture; come back in a year and the MSFS experience will be quite different from wh...
by TimC340
31 Dec 2020, 10:09
Topic: PAI RAF Jetstream 31
Replies: 2
Views: 478

Re: PAI RAF Jetstream 31

You'll have to convert them yourself, but both 3FTS and 6FTS Jetstreams are available here.
by TimC340
30 Dec 2020, 20:36

It's fine, Manschy. I've written a plan to just throw loads of stuff at the airfield. It's fun!
by TimC340
30 Dec 2020, 14:46

I've got all of the MAIW and ACG stuff, including Wildenrath F4s, Laarbruch Buccs, and Gutersloh Harriers. I also have the Lakenheath and Twin Bases stuff. My Lyneham traffic is my own, and doesn't send anything to ETUR at the moment, and I'm pretty sure that none of the current Brize files (C17, A4...
by TimC340
30 Dec 2020, 12:42

As one who visited Bruggen as a driver-airframes many times, I'm very aware that the line is mainly used by visiting aircraft! I was just wondering what traffic files generated the traffic that gave the parking behaviour Manschy wanted investigating. If they're your own test files, that's understood...
by TimC340
30 Dec 2020, 07:54

Can I ask which traffic file you guys are using? I can see you have the JY Tornados, as have I, but mine are parking only in the HAS sites. I have none on the flightline.
by TimC340
28 Dec 2020, 15:46

Hi Manschy, just to confirm - the DL looks great on my system, with no significant performance hit. I would make the comment that the taxiway lights (blue edge/green centreline) look a bit washed-out. I don't expect them to have the intense colours that modern LED airfield lighting has (and is the d...