Search found 1129 matches

by petebramley
08 Feb 2009, 19:04
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: New scenery by John Stinstrom on avsim
Replies: 21
Views: 970

I loaded this scenery this afternoon and having checked for the correct placement of all files I'm still getting a CTD. Problem is different from Keith though, my crash comes whenever I try to create a flightplan using the inbuilt flightplanner. If I try to create a manual flightplan as soon as I tr...
by petebramley
08 Feb 2009, 18:22
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: Snow!!
Replies: 20
Views: 361

I have a recipe for Bunny stew :twisted:
by petebramley
05 Feb 2009, 13:46
Topic: Snow!!
Replies: 20
Views: 361

Still snowing in Leicestershire. Got sent home from work after battling my way in. Sensible decision really as driving an LPG tanker in these road conditions is not fun. Am now sampling the "joys" of daytime TV

Pete

:roll: :roll:
by petebramley
25 Jan 2009, 20:35
Topic: AVSIM down?
Replies: 3
Views: 103

Working fine for me at the mo
just downloaded the Iranian f1's and various mig29's

now where are the AFCAD'S/Flightplans ?

Pete
by petebramley
22 Jan 2009, 17:11
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Is this computer any good for fs9?
Replies: 18
Views: 305

[quote="Garysb"]Hi all Intel Quad cor or AMD Phenom? Intel every time at the Mo They new AMD Shanghai quad is out and may be slightly cheaper than a comparable Intel offering. The problem is it still does not quite have the pure grunt of the intel chip. If money is tight then go for the AMD, but thi...
by petebramley
18 Jan 2009, 21:30

Im running with SP3, got to be honest not noticed anything different or annoying. SP3 is just a collation of all the minor bugfixes and security updates since SP2 was released. There no major changes to Windows or any of its components. I have not had any problems since I installed it and on the wh...
by petebramley
17 Jan 2009, 20:20

Looks like a fair system although I would prefer an Intel quad core processor if thats within your price range and of course as previously mentioned a more recent graphics card. Am currently running the GeForce 8800GTX and that gives some very good FPS numbers. If you are going to use this box just ...
by petebramley
24 Dec 2008, 20:39
Topic: Defrag Question
Views: 155

djnocturnal I have O&O defrag and was wondering what is the best method of defrag for my Drive with FS9 on it. I used O&O Defrag for a time (try before buy) and found an article By Mike McCarthy (6 January 2007) on Flightsim.com to be very useful. It was called Mikes musings #4 & #5. He refers to b...
by petebramley
07 Dec 2008, 16:55
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: Luke AFB package by MAIW
Replies: 101
Views: 7092

I knew there was a good reason for me having a Landclass scenery layer in my system (I just forgot about it).

Works fine now with the Luke AFB Landclass.bgl in the Landclass\scenery folder. Hill Landclass.bgl moved there also.

Regards
by petebramley
03 Dec 2008, 22:53

I have had the same result as bismarck

Reloaded luke from scratch and then deleted 'Luke AFB Landclass.bgl'

After 3.5 hours the sim remained stable with no memory problems

Regards

pete
by petebramley
03 Dec 2008, 21:05
Topic: A FS9 operating question
Replies: 15
Views: 392

No probs Mike

Just be very careful as killing a critical service can ruin your whole day. As always RTFM & if you are not sure the don't do it :!: :!: :D
by petebramley
03 Dec 2008, 19:18
Topic: A FS9 operating question
Replies: 15
Views: 392

Not sure if it would help you but I got this years ago and I still refer back to it every time I do a re-install/major update:
by petebramley
03 Dec 2008, 18:54

Reinstalled scenery without texture.Problem still there. Can you confirm this, as somebody else has said that with the scenery installed but no textures there is no problem. Steve, I confirm. I didn't wait till FS9 crash, but after 20-25 minutes, memory in use passed from 580Mb to 950Mb and was sti...
by petebramley
02 Dec 2008, 20:40

OK well it seems that we may have an issue here. So I guess that we need to narrow down the cause. Can the guys that have the problem disable the Luke scenery, but please make sure that the necessary afcad (MAIW_AF2_KLUF_CUSTOM.bgl) is copied to an active directory and then check to see if the same...
by petebramley
01 Dec 2008, 22:58

Have found the same problem on my installation also. will investigate further tomorrow.

System details:

CPU: q6850 @ 3.00GHZ
RAM: 4GB
VIDEO: NV GF 8800GTX
FSver: 9.1 total space 39.8gb
Addon sceneries 400+
Traffic files 700 ish
All MAIW/WOAI

Regards
by petebramley
24 Oct 2008, 15:51
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: When you are flying/playing with your AI, do you?
Replies: 9
Views: 357

Gentlemen

Thank you for the information on the origins of "Matelot", 24 years sailing the ocean blue and that never came "it just was".

Any day when something new is learned is a good day.

:D
by petebramley
21 Oct 2008, 23:40
Forum: Real World Military
Topic: Simulator Wars!!
Views: 123

First MAIW have to create Mig-21/29 and SU27 (Just for a start).

Just imagine:

MAIW Mig27/31
(insert favorite USSR A/C)

In the fullness of time this too will come to pass !
by petebramley
21 Oct 2008, 23:26
Topic: When you are flying/playing with your AI, do you?
Replies: 9
Views: 357

Hi Ford Being an ex matelot the areas I would most likely visit are those that figured during my military career. This area being the home of the Russian(USSR) Northern fleet would definitely be an area of interest. This is the area from which the TU95 Bears that occasionally buzzed us came from and...
by petebramley
21 Oct 2008, 22:48
Topic: Whats this?
Replies: 10
Views: 391

What scenery are U using in that area ?? I have HSP Greece and nothing like that shown on my system. Vaugely remember seeing this once before ( A long time ago, In a galaxy far away), but cannot remember the circumstances. :smt102 Best suggestion I can give is to kill each Greek scenery in sequence ...