A319 MPA

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
james
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

A319 MPA

Post by james »

I noticed today that on the Airbus millitary site they offer the A319 in a maratime partol role and wondered whos actually ordered it the Indians by chance? and wonder if DJC will update his model to this new spec if it does materialise

heres a link th the pics i saw of the A319 in this role http://www.airbusmilitary.com/Multimedi ... lbumId=109

Question why was the A319 selected for Maritime Patrol role and why does it make it the ideal aircraft for the role and Airbus must have had more than one order to produce a test aircraft in this role because the pics look real
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Re: A319 MPA

Post by Firebird »

I don't think anybody has ordered them and as the Indian Navy has ordered the P-8 I doubt that they would order this as well. It just wouldn't make sense.
Steve
Keith Jones
Captain
Captain

Post by Keith Jones »

Those pictures look 'photoshopped' to me. I remember seeing similar photos of Concorde and that aeroplane had yet to fly!
Where ever you go, there you are.
clarke123
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by clarke123 »

It was proposed to the Indian's when they had their contest to replace their current maritime patrol aircraft 5 years ago. Boeing won. Australia, france and canada expressed an interest just like they have with the P-8. No solid customers yet. The photo's are mock-ups for a presentation to the Indians.
veni, vidi, spurius brutus deitrum covi - I came, I saw, I tore the thick bastards limb from limb
james
Captain
Captain

Post by james »

it seems a little bit of a odd aircraft to imagine in MPA role i would have thought maybe an A330 or an A320