Military AI Vessels, sea trials

Let's see em! Please use a third party image hoster such as photobucket.com or postimage.org and copy the link to the screenshot here between image tags.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Military AI Vessels, sea trials

Post by MIKE JG »

Just running some initial tests with the naval vessels. Looking good so far. Still a ton of work to be done.

-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
RipPipPip
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by RipPipPip »

Nice job Mike, oceans are getting crowdy!

Have you ever get the idea of getting to a small, handy ... carrier?
Then we could supply you with something to put on the deck? 8)
"For a few FPS more"
Rysiek Winawer
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

Mike that is looking fabulous, you've hit the mark there big time, shame you cant get them firing missiles at Iraq, now that would be nice to see, maybe someone who does effects can come up with something for you. It would also be great to have the sub submerge with a load of spray coming up. Wow wouldnt that be something. Dont take that too seriously though mate, I know you're already up to your ears as I am, just dreaming about the future of this project and others like it.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Hey no one ever thought you guys could do some of the things you've already done so far with the XML coding. The only limitation is our imagination, well for the most part. I mean wow, we're getting ai to fly in large formations, drop paratroopers, tow gliders, etc. The next neat little trick is probably right around the corner.

The big reward for me is learning to do all these different things, modeling, tweaking .air and .cfg files, texturing, etc. I would even like to make some custom effects for these vessels for their wake.

@Rysiek

Yes a true AI carrier is definetely in the plans eventually. As far as getting the AI aircraft to take off and land on it, well......I'll leave that to someone else. Of course if we're going to have an ai carrier, we will need a proper AI F/A-18 model (hint, hint :) ).
-Mike G.

btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: P3D

Post by btaylo24 »

Mike

So we can use AFCADS to make these "move" or are they static objects.
The thought of me in a Lockheed S3 chasing after a sub makes my feet tingle!
:D

Barry
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

btaylo24 wrote: The thought of me in a Lockheed S3 chasing after a sub makes my feet tingle!
Careful Barry, it might be DVT, I suggest getting up for a walk around the cabin and drinking plenty of water. :)
Steve
RipPipPip
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RipPipPip »

MIKE JG wrote:...Yes a true AI carrier is definetely in the plans eventually. As far as getting the AI aircraft to take off and land on it, well......I'll leave that to someone else. Of course if we're going to have an ai carrier, we will need a proper AI F/A-18 model (hint, hint :) ).
:lol:
I have two technological carrier ideas:

Carrier Ideas:
1. AI Carrier - with static AND moving stuff around the deck - all built into the one model (tick18 animation would allow for some landing / take-off activity as well).
2. Static Scenery Carrier - with the real AI stuff operations (but carrier is standing).
"For a few FPS more"
Rysiek Winawer
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

btaylo24 wrote:Mike

So we can use AFCADS to make these "move" or are they static objects.
The thought of me in a Lockheed S3 chasing after a sub makes my feet tingle!
:D

Barry
Yes using an afcad file, overtop of the water, we can make them follow any course we want by making very long extended taxi links. The vessels do eventually come to a stop and disappear after reaching the "runway" and not moving for whatever the limit is (10 minutes I think). But by making the taxi links long enough, you can make them "sail" for hours on end. So using creative afcading techniques, you could create an entire moving carrier battle group with friendly and enemy subs lurking in the waters nearby. The possible combinations of afcads and courses are as endless as the FS oceans. :wink:
-Mike G.

CrazyDunc
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by CrazyDunc »

well i got a pretty neat ASW package coming, lol. with prject tomcat, subs being chased by sh-60s and p-3s :)

Dunc
Regards,
Dunc