787 fire again

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

787 fire again

Post by Garysb »

I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
sprocky
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Re: 787 fire again

Post by sprocky »

Well, it's a HOT aircraft :) Thankfully nobody was injured.
Jan
Former technician in MFG2 at ETME (home base of PANAVIA The flying computer TORNADO. sadly closed now)
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by shaggy22 »

Bet Airbus are having a cheeky champagne or two.
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanReevesAviography/
sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

shaggy22 wrote:Bet Airbus are having a cheeky champagne or two.
Or they sh!t in their pants as they don't know what will happen with their ultra-modern technology jet A350. Just see the uncontained engine failure at the A380 or the wing cracks. Do not mis-understand: I am a fan of Airbus but two things make me worry:
1. I currently have a french car from a car rent. As the frenchs are involved in the A350 development I hope they do it better than at Renault.
2. As a German I recently discovered that "Made in Germany" does not have to be a sign of top-notch quality and engineering skills. Maybe all of you heard about the constant delays of the opening of the BER airport near our capital. Supplying the major German car makers also gives me an insider view sometimes. The car might be shiny when you drive it home from your dealer. But looking deep inside you may find "rust" in some cars already.
Jan
Former technician in MFG2 at ETME (home base of PANAVIA The flying computer TORNADO. sadly closed now)
james84

Post by james84 »

I read that the airframe will be scrapped...
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

It is a certainty IF it has compromised the pressurised part of the airplane. That is something that you don't fix, too easy to lead to a catastrophic failure. in the future.

The latest rumour is that it was to do with the emergency locator beacon. Oh the irony, if it turns out to be the case.
Steve