Kadena problem

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Kadena problem

Post by Firebird »

Gents,
I have spent 12 hrs getting sidetracked with an issue at Kadena and I have reached the conclusion that I need help (many people will not find this surprising).

The problem is this. I was using clicks Kadena scenery and I noticed that there were 3 pairs of runways. By removing his scenery I found two pairs. So I did the next logical thing and did a HD search for any 'RODN' files and found none, that I had not accounted for.
The default builtin afcad was obviously showing so I created a mod file that removed the runways, taxiways and aprons. Now down to one pair of extremely annoying runways.

So I delved into SBuilder and removed the airport polygon. I followed the tutorial and removed layer 7 and lo and behold everything is gone except for one pair of extremely annoying runways.

So I am down to this. Does anybody else have this annoying extra pair of runways? If not what have I not checked? Is this a known problem at Kadena? Is there another layer in SBuilder that I need to remove?

I had not noticed the issue really until I set the view mode to top down.

Any help gratefully received.

The best way to see the issu
Steve
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Re: Kadena problem

Post by Firebird »

I knew I should have written something 11.5 hrs ago!

I have found the problem, just after finishing the post (isn't it allways the way).

I happened to search in afcad for the city of Okinawa, and found an afcad for QDNA, MAIW_AFX_QDNA.bgl, this looked like what I was seeing. Sure enough I removed this and hey presto problem fixed.

Now all I need to work out is who made QDNA in 2012 and why. Any ideas?
Steve
aljude
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by aljude »

Firebird wrote:I knew I should have written something 11.5 hrs ago!

I have found the problem, just after finishing the post (isn't it allways the way).

I happened to search in afcad for the city of Okinawa, and found an afcad for QDNA, MAIW_AFX_QDNA.bgl, this looked like what I was seeing. Sure enough I removed this and hey presto problem fixed.

Now all I need to work out is who made QDNA in 2012 and why. Any ideas?
That was one of mine Steve, it had different textured parts [asphalt and concrete] but was not used in my finished version... You probably still have it from a test version...
Time travel does exist, i just discovered it next week...
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Many thanks, Tony. I wondered where I picked it up from. It was a real bugger to try solve. It was almost as stubborn as I was.
Steve