Released: Retro (1989) JYAI C-2A greyhound package

Here you can search for, request or display your military AI repaints for others to enjoy.
raclim
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Released: Retro (1989) JYAI C-2A greyhound package

Post by raclim »

Just uploaded to the library, this package tends to recreate retro C-2A Greyhound operations set in 1989.

John Young was so kind to provide me with 2 new models for his C-2 greyhound, both fixed and folding wings, but with the old 4-blade propellers, so the models would match the era this package tends to recreate. This package was only tested in P3Dv4.5.

Included in this package are 2 models, 35 paints and flightplans. I managed to find out which BONU's were assigned to each individual squadron, taking november 1st 1989 as the reference date.

The units operating the Greyhound back then were:

VAW-110, NAS Miramar, 2 paints

VAW-120, NAS Norfolk, 3 paints

VR-24, NAS Sigonella, Italy, 8 paints

VRC-30, NAS North island, 7 paints

VRC-40, NAS Norfolk, 8 paints

VRC-50, NAS Cubi Point, Philippines, 7 paints

Happy Simming!

Regards,
Randy Mulder (Raclim)
Last edited by raclim on 29 Sep 2023, 13:51, edited 1 time in total.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Released: Retro (1989) JYAI C-2A greyhound package

Post by John Young »

My pleasure to help Randy. If anyone wants the 4-bladed Greyhound models for FSX and P3D they are obviously in this package, or you can contact me for them. I didn't make them for FS9 though.

John
Jorgen
Captain
Captain

Post by Jorgen »

I am so looking forward to seeing these in action. IMNSHO, there are far too few USN/USMC flight plans out there...

Thanks to Randy and John -

Jorgen
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Then go and see them, Jorgen :smt001
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Post by Fokket50 »

Wonderfull,
I know John moved away from FS9, but since the original model was also created for FS9, is there any change you might consider a FS9 version?
Menno

"When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." -Henry Ford
Delboy99
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by Delboy99 »

These look lovely. Thank you Randy and John
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

It's a lot of tedious work to go through again Menno to produce FS9 versions of the two models. Randy will also need to produce the textures in that format also and I'm not sure how compatible the scenery is. It's not something I want to take on really.

Sorry about that.

John
Fokket50
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Fokket50 »

No problem John, i really should move on from fs9 but was hoping for msfs to be the future .......
Menno

"When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." -Henry Ford
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

I did buy MSFS when it came out, but was immediately alienated by the completely different concept. I recently bought P3Dv6 which makes a good impression.

Although the commercial market clearly focus on MSFS, I am convinced that P3D will be around (and slowly improving) for such a long period of time that it is a safe move to select it as a personal next platform.

You would have all your aircraft flying, Menno, at least the ones you have released :smt001

When creating the new FSX/P3D model side on my web I was really impressed that basically everything has been converted.
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I know what Martin means. MSFS is quite different to the others but then again it is a more realistic sim. Especially when you are talking schemes and aerodynamics. MSFS24 will be even more so in terms of dynamics.
If you have seen the animation of the hot air balloon inflating and deflating you can't fail to be impressed and understand what realism will be capable in the new version.

Of course, this means that FS9/FSX modellers won't be able to produce planes as quickly as before MSFS+ and from what I understand schemes are more difficult to produce as well.

Whilst like others I have been frustrated by the lack of a finished AI system I have not been tempted by P3D. I will stay on the MS/Asobo course and hope that they eventually get a grip.
My gut feeling is that they realised over a year ago that they couldn't fix it without a major rewrite, which is why they have said nothing. Hopefully they are including in MSFS24 from scratch in working order.
Steve