The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

JYAI F-15s invisible in P3Dv4.5 HF3

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
kobour
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

JYAI F-15s invisible in P3Dv4.5 HF3

Post by kobour »

I've reinstalled a ton of military AI models and traffic, everything's working perfectly BUT after two attempts I cannot get the ACG/JYAI F-15 models to show in my sim. All I get is empty parking spaces. Has anybody else experienced this and is there anything I could try?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: JYAI F-15s invisible in P3Dv4.5 HF3

Post by Firebird »

Just for the record for the people that will be able to help you, are you saying that they show up but are invisible or that they don't appear?
Steve
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Also, what scenery are you using - are the parking spots the right size, how are your traffic sliders set, what traffic file is in use? Have you checked for the presence of FS9 traffic files?

John
hschuit
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by hschuit »

Any chance you installed the FS9 F-15 package instead of the FSX version? FS9 models will not show up correctly in P3Dv4.5.

Henk.
kobour
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by kobour »

hschuit wrote: 04 Feb 2024, 07:44 Any chance you installed the FS9 F-15 package instead of the FSX version? FS9 models will not show up correctly in P3Dv4.5.

Henk.

No, I've tried two times. I'm certain of it. Models register as P3D compatible in AI-Aircraft Editor too
kobour
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by kobour »

John Young wrote: 03 Feb 2024, 22:23 Also, what scenery are you using - are the parking spots the right size, how are your traffic sliders set, what traffic file is in use? Have you checked for the presence of FS9 traffic files?

John
I've used the Israeli and Saudi air bases, NBAI Eagles (which I want to replace) showed just fine there. It's really curious because your models showed up in previous installations
kobour
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by kobour »

Firebird wrote: 03 Feb 2024, 20:46 Just for the record for the people that will be able to help you, are you saying that they show up but are invisible or that they don't appear?
They show up, but they are invisible
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

OK so what you seem to be talking about is a texture issue. If they didn't show up at all it would be a scenery or model issue.

What format are the textures in? Are they invisible in day, night or day/night conditions?
Steve
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

kobour wrote: 04 Feb 2024, 10:20
John Young wrote: 03 Feb 2024, 22:23 Also, what scenery are you using - are the parking spots the right size, how are your traffic sliders set, what traffic file is in use? Have you checked for the presence of FS9 traffic files?

John
I've used the Israeli and Saudi air bases, NBAI Eagles (which I want to replace) showed just fine there. It's really curious because your models showed up in previous installations
Just to clarify: You did install the JY F-15, okay. Maybe you did install just the wrong texture addons, for FS9? In most cases, you find textures for both simulators, FS9 and FSX/P3D...
Regards, Manfred.
kobour
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by kobour »

Manschy wrote: 04 Feb 2024, 11:05
kobour wrote: 04 Feb 2024, 10:20

John
Just to clarify: You did install the JY F-15, okay. Maybe you did install just the wrong texture addons, for FS9? In most cases, you find textures for both simulators, FS9 and FSX/P3D...

I've installed the Palmdale Eagles and they show up fine. I guess that the problem is with FS9 textures converted to DDS (eg. the Israeli F-15s). Is there a way to make them appear in P3Dv4?
Manschy
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

Did you look about for the appropriate textures? Often they are listed in the download section.
Not sure if you are familiar with developer programmes like DXTBMP. They can help you converting the paints by your own.
There are lots of tutorials inside the net which help you.
Once familiar with it, you can change almost every textures for your own use :smt001 .
Regards, Manfred.