Replacement for AI Smooth?

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
ronniegj

Replacement for AI Smooth?

Post by ronniegj »

Heads Up! I haven't checked it out myself, but for whatever it's worth, you should know about this:

New! AI Traffic Controller V1

File Description:
AI Traffic Controller V1 Forget AI Smooth! Forget AI Separation! After 9 months of work I represent you the new gerneration of AI Traffic Controll. AI Traffic Controller will greatly enhance your AI Traffic as AI Smooth and AI Separation did years ago. AI Traffic Controller V1 is controlling AI Traffic: - on groud - in air - on departure - on arrival More details about how this programm works will follow in the next days in a dedicated manual

Filename: ai_tc.zip
License: Freeware
Added: 8th August 2008
Downloads: 156
Author: W. Peter
Size: 308kb
flyboy
Major
Major
Version: MSFS

Post by flyboy »

I tried it but it all screwed up. Tells you to place it in the FS2004 Night Time Folder???? Will wait to see what it is all about.
Lead, Follow, or get the Hell out of the way!
GrahamS
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by GrahamS »

Doesn't seem to want to work, or start or do anything!

Does anyone know which version of FS it is intended for?
Which way is up?
Jumpshot724
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by Jumpshot724 »

I'm unfamiliar with all of this....what does it do exactly??
-Joe W.

"I love the smell of jetfuel in the morning....smells like VICTORY!!"

ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

Well, AI Smooth is supposed to allow ATC to more or less send AI aircraft into a temporary holding pattern whenever there are too many a/c trying to land/take off, in effect allowing for more opportunities for the AI a/c to land/takeoff. The holding pattern is basically just a rather extended missed approach taking more than normal time to return to the field for landing. This has never really satisfied me in the way it works, and AI Separation always seemed to confuse the issue for me as it required some setting choices that were unclear to me. I don't know exactly what this application does, other than the implied assistance with backed up taxi to take off and over stacked up for landing situations, so will have to await the arrival of the manual 'shortly'. Once having read same perhaps just what it does will come clear. Just need to keep an eye out for the manual to appear.

Ron
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

BTW, the catagory listed on avsim is FS 2004 Utility, therefore it is for FS9, unless the listing is in error!

Ron
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Well reading this kinda question of whether anybody has got it to work superfluous.
I did look at this FS2004 Night Time, but I decided against installing something from 2004 that I have no idea what it will do to my setup.
Steve
GrahamS
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by GrahamS »

This program appears to be a copy of FS Night Time, previously uploaded by an author of another name. Don't waste too much time waiting for a manual.
Which way is up?
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

In addition, the supposed author's e-mail address is bogus! WTF! Maybe something nefarious?

Ron
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hopefully then the guy just put up the wrong proggy, but it does sound like a scam.
Steve