USAF getting sued over JSF training base

Have a story, topic or report on what's really happening in the world's militaries? Talk about it here.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Only in America folks.......... :roll:

$700 MILLION dollars infused into the local economy and these clowns want to sue. You live near one of the busiest AF bases in the country, if you don't like it, MOVE!!
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
92rc11
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by 92rc11 »

why dont they sue macdonalds there doing more damge to them than one airfield :D
maddog65
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by maddog65 »

They must have been taking a cue from up here with Oceana. Nobody wants the Hornets in there backyard. The Navy is having a hard time trying to get a new OLF for them to practice in North Carloina.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Jeez you guys are getting as mental as us!
Steve
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

We get these idiots over here too. The RAF fly Chinook training flights over my town and land at the local airport, They also land at the Royal Marines base in the town. So what do the locals do? They complain because of the rotor noise! It was pointed out to them the we are at war and the RAF crews have to train somewhere!

This attitude makes my blood boil!
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

92rc11 wrote:why dont they sue macdonalds there doing more damge to them than one airfield :D
Now there's a heck of an idea. You know I think someone HAS already sued McDonald's for making them fat. Only in America.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

Did you vote in the poll near the bottom right? Currently 82% against the city! This is just a couple of liberal nut jobs trying to block the defense establishment. It's happining all over the country.

Ron
92rc11
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by 92rc11 »

MIKE JG wrote:
92rc11 wrote:why dont they sue macdonalds there doing more damge to them than one airfield :D
Now there's a heck of an idea. You know I think someone HAS already sued McDonald's for making them fat. Only in America.
o dang lol
starlifterfan
Captain
Captain

JSF training base

Post by starlifterfan »

Reminds me of the last time the Thunderbirds had a show here at Patrick AFB,..one community in general which has alot of say with local higher ups(civilians) complained about all the noise it created and they had town hall meetings ,big coverage in our newspaper.etc..etc.maybe they should have thought that Patrick was around way before the developers built their million dollar homes......by way the the Thunderbirds no longer perform at Patrick..This may sound corny but I get a lump in my throat when I'm up on the boardwalk at KCOF and watch F-16'S during training when they are here ,the sound the power..yeah it makes me proud to be an American.....GO AIR FORCE!!!!!!
Jumpshot724
Major
Major

Post by Jumpshot724 »

People are stupid, I'm sorry but the majority of my fellow Americans make me sick. If you don't like it, MOVE!! I guarantee Eglin has been around longer than 95% of the people who live in that town, and btw it's not like the F-35 is the first time a fighter a/c has been based there....you have F-15s now!! Sure the F-35 is supposed to be louder, but it's going to be just as "annoying" (to them not me, I LOVE the sound of freedom lol) as the current F-15s.

Geez, get over yourselves.

End rant. 8)
-Joe W.

"I love the smell of jetfuel in the morning....smells like VICTORY!!"

GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

From AF Daily Report 6 Mar 09

For All to See: Chris Hughes, a resident of Okaloosa County, Fla., which includes Eglin Air Force Base, wants to get the pro F-35 message out in a big way, literally. The Destin Log reported March 4 that Hughes has purchased a 10'6" x 22'8" billboard near the east gate of Eglin in the city of Valparaiso on which he intends to post the signatures of local residents who support the Air Force's recent decision to base F-35s there as part of the initial training schoolhouse for the stealth fighter. He is scheduled to bring the billboard on a truck to a local event today to allow residents to sign it and have their voices heard—and seen. "It is time to for you and me, the taxpayers of Okaloosa County, to let the world know that the F-35's home needs to be right here at Eglin Air Force Base," he said. The basing decision has not been without controversy as the Valparaiso city leadership, citing concerns over the noise levels of the new fighter, voted last month to sue the Air Force in federal court. That lawsuit must be filed by April 5. This has prompted some residents to come forward at the grass roots level to show their support for the F-35 mission and stop the lawsuit.
GZR_SACTARGETS