Williamtown NSW AUS

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
lcdtbjbrown
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Williamtown NSW AUS

Post by lcdtbjbrown »

just wondering if there is a good williamtown package avalable besides the one you get with ADF AI thanx :D
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

There is some very good Williamtown scenery available, produced this year. Now if you are talking about an MAIW package to add F-18s to this we couldn't comment at this time.
However as the newest model that we have released is the F-18 and Australia does have a sizeable force its reasonable to assume that there may be plans for one.
Steve
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

Firebird wrote:There is some very good Williamtown scenery available, produced this year.
Can you post a link? Or give a file name (if it's on avsim)? But if it's for FSX only then don't bother cause I use FS9. :)
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Sorry, I had a quick check and couldn't find it. I thought it had been released but it seems that I was wrong. It won't be long coming and I can say that's its very worth waiting for.

Sorry about that.
Steve
foufure

Post by foufure »

Here is a scenery for FS2004.

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=53655

It's a package with somes RAAF bases, not only Williamtown.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Thanks for that, but I think he already has that one. There is a much better one due very soon.
Steve
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

Firebird wrote:Thanks for that, but I think he already has that one. There is a much better one due very soon.
This one that is coming soon is it payware or freeware? Will it be for FS9? FSX? Or both?
foufure

Post by foufure »

Joseph29 wrote:
Firebird wrote:Thanks for that, but I think he already has that one. There is a much better one due very soon.
This one that is coming soon is it payware or freeware? Will it be for FS9? FSX? Or both?
Certainly a freeware version for FS9, coming with a future MAIW Australian F-18 package... ;-)
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Hi Steve,
If your refering to our Williamtown Scenery, I'm sorry to say they will have to wait for MAIW release. Or at least I thought that's we originally discussed.
Your call at MAIW as it was built for your upcoming package.

Mark
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK, Mark has officially announced our plans but as his work will be included I can't chastise him.
However, the release date will not be discussed. What I can say is that it will be worthwhile.
Steve
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

I guess we both our foot in it but as Australia has a reasonable size fleet of FA/18 and Nick has made such a wonderful model, its a bit of no brainer really.

I've got to say that I'm really looking forward to it my self and like everybody else, a part from having the scenery being the developer, I have an empty base also and I can't wait to see it in all its glory.

On another note, there will soon be two or three other Aussie bases available which will be posted to Avsim and Flightsim. They are Point Cook, Laverton and East Sale and are likely to come as one package and will contain photo-real ground and many custom made models and textures. We hope to have them completed within the month so keep your eye out on the MAIW website for release info.

Mark
fishlips

Re: Williamtown NSW AUS

Post by fishlips »

Due to a situation beyond my control :evil: , RAAF Williamtown base scenery has now been released and is available on flightsim.com
The scenery is made largely of photographic textures and is fully custom made from the ground up with realism in mind and is very detailed in most aspects. There is a mile of AI parking at this front-line fighter base and merely awaits Nicks F/A 18 models which I'm sure are somewhere in the process at MAIW along with dozens of other potential projects for these exciting aircraft model.

The afcad is made using AFX, "so please don't" use Lee Sword's Afcad2 to make changes to it otherwise you will have problems. Instead, use the freeware ADE or payware AFX to make any changes.

If using VOZ 1.8 or any other Australian base scenery, make sure Williamtown is listed above them in your add-on FS library.
Fastair
Captain
Captain

Post by Fastair »

Hi apologies if I'm being either dense or blind, but I couldn't find it listed.........Anyone else find it ?
Thank you for the tip off BTW..

Regards,
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

If you search for 'williamtown' it is the top item. Blindingly good scenery it is too, you will not regret it.

It suddenly occurs to me. You are searching on Flightsim.com aren't you?
Steve
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

The correct search results for the scenery on Flightsim.com is "williamtown_airport_2009.zip", or as Steve has pointed out "Williamtown" will take you straight to it. It is currently only available on flightsim.com.

The scenery parking spots have made to be compatable with MAIW NBAI F/A 18's, NBAI Hawks and various Military AI used by MAIW packages and models which visit this base. Also this base has a civilian side to it "Newcastle Airport" which is fully dipicted with custom models and textures taken largely from real photograph material and correctly sized using Google Earth. This part of the airport will support VOZ AI seemlessly.

As this scenery was awaiting to be included in a future MAIW package, its afcad parking may be a little out of place as our info at the time of building was still scetchy. I'm sure once we know how many AI are planned for Williamtown we can update the afcad for smooth movement and position.

There are more RAAF bases in the wings to be made which are not available in VOZ or other Australian Sceneries but won't be available until Febuary-March as I'm taking some much needed time off.

Wishing everybody at MAIW a Merry Christmas and safe transition to 2010

Mark
Fastair
Captain
Captain

Post by Fastair »

Ha ha, too much Christmas spirit clearly !! No, perhaps I am just dense...... Thank you very much Firebird, I was checking flightsim.com, but searched for RAAF Williamtown, only through up the older scenery. Cheers for your help.
Cracking work fishlips, thank you for enhancing the FS experience........Seasons greetings :D

Best regards,