The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Nicks A4 Skyhawk

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
DaleRFU
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: MSFS

Nicks A4 Skyhawk

Post by DaleRFU »

Hi guys

Just woundering if Nicks Skyhawk comes in different layouts or is it just clean? as i have seen Graham Kings website the skyhawk and it is armed.

Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Re: Nicks A4 Skyhawk

Post by nickblack423 »

The armed Skyhawk was made for another package but has never been released yet. I'm afraid that this aircraft was only designed and made for use in the TopGun package and as such you will not see a whole slew of models and loadouts for it. It was just a little side project for me really and not a full on AI model project.

You'll just have to make do with what you have for the time being I'm afraid.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
DaleRFU
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by DaleRFU »

ok thanks Nick, i would rather have just the clean model instead of not having it at all.
look forward to that package coming, if it does

Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Post by gsnde »

nickblack423 wrote:The armed Skyhawk was made for another package but has never been released yet.
Hi Nick,

I just saw this thread. Not sure what you mean - is there a plan to release the armed Skyhawk? If not so, can we make her available with the EDTG package?

By the way, I am completely overwhelmed by the reactions I have received regarding the inclusion of models. Not a single refusal so far. Drew's Global AI models will be there, the Russians with the models From Sergey B., Sergey I. and Maxim (great new Tu-95/Tu-142), Project AI has given approval to use a model. That the idea of such a military AI parade is so appreciated changes the scope for me somehow. After I have received so many approvals and positive mails, I will certainly make it right and not just a platform the the F-104 release.

Somehow this has gotten off track, but in a nice way :smt001

Furthermore I have brokered good contacts between the Russian modelers and our painters. The Su-24 was abandoned because Sergey could find nobody who was willing or able to make a paint kit and textures, and the Tu-95 was also hanging in the loop. But no longer :smt002
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Martin, so he would continue the work on the Su-24 if somebody did a paintkit for him, and people used it?
Steve
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Firebird wrote:Martin, so he would continue the work on the Su-24 if somebody did a paintkit for him, and people used it?
That's what he says, Steve :smt001
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

Has he ever thought of asking??? Jeez there are lots of guys who would do it.

Nick
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

It's not that he had no painters at all, but they were all not bringing the work to an end, Nick. And don't forget the language barrier. While his is not the case for Sergey, there are others who don't speak English.

The good thing is that now people talk to each other :smt001
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Well I guess we should ask this. Martin, if somebody was to offer their services to create a paintkit for Sergey would you be able to act as a go-between so that we could kickstart this project back into life?

If Martin is willing to do this, is there anybody out there that would like to take this on?
Steve
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Steve,

I have already made arrangements between Sergey and one of our most capable good ghosts :smt002
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Excellent stuff.
Steve
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

I must admit, I'm kind of fond of the A-4 Sky Hawk, as could be seen in my package for the former New Zealand and Australian Navy, using Nicks model with permission. An update to that package would be arranged when the additional armed models become available, patience is the key as Nick is not an octopus and there is only so many hours in a day.

Mark
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

fishlips wrote:Patience is the key as Nick is not an octopus and there is only so many hours in a day.
We might just have to sticky this quote somewhere where everyone can read it!!
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
LEBTowerGuy

Post by LEBTowerGuy »

you mean he's not some superhuman alien sent to our planet to build us every AI plane we ever wanted?
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Ok, he must be an octopus to pump out so many wonderful AI models for us to glot over but unless he has found a way to entend the hours in a day, I guess we'll just have to wait until tomorrow. :lol:
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

fishlips wrote:Ok, he must be an octopus to pump out so many wonderful AI models for us to glot over but unless he has found a way to entend the hours in a day, I guess we'll just have to wait until tomorrow. :lol:
If I could make at least around $20,000 a year to make these models, then you could have my undivided attention all the time. But a guy has to make a living I'm afraid.

Thank you for the nice comments.

Nick
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by f4nutter »

that's it :shock: alway's thinking of yourself :roll: one a week is perfectly reasonable :twisted:
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

It woulld only take a donation of a buck or two from each registered user to hire him and pay an accountant to do the legal bits. But then who would have the authority to dictate which models, in which order would he work on? :smt005

Ron
Wild Bill Kelso
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Wild Bill Kelso »

Hi, guys!

I've just digged out this thread to post my following request:
Is there any chance for me to get hold of blank (white) texture templates for the A-4?

As some of you might have noticed, Ian Elliot has released a new version of the ETNT Wittmund scenery (home of JG 71 "Richthofen"):
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/s ... aded-by-me

I've already released a JG 71 repaint of the CS 104, available at AVSIM, Flightsim.com and SOH (filename: f104_24+85_jg71.zip).
While doing some research on JG 71, I've found out that currently four private-owned (BAe Systems) Skyhawks (N431FS, N432FS, N434FS und N437FS, former Israeli A-4N) do serve as manned target drones from ETNT:

http://www.flugzeugbilder.de/search4.cg ... reg&srng=2

I'd love to do respective repaints on your great Scooter (although it isn't the N model, but I could live without this ugly hump...) to include them to an additional ETNT traffic file. Besides a whole bunch of paints I've already done (do a search for my last name "Hellwig" on AVSIM & Flightsim.com), I've contributed the static AI paints for Pete's and Sid's Yellowknife some moons ago (Buffalo, Air Tindi, First Air stuff, CAF Twotters and Dash7), so these won't be the first AI paints for me to do.

Thanks for considering.

Cheers,
Markus.
Wild Bill Kelso
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Wild Bill Kelso »

No chance for me to obtain blank templates for a repaint release?
Too bad... :(

Cheers,
Markus.