AI Helicopter

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
wbunnell
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FSX

AI Helicopter

Post by wbunnell »

I have Helo Traffic 2009 from Flight one Software,(Payware), it works.

Using several models of the UH-1 Bell helicopter, including, Bell 212LS, cannot get the chopper to show up in AI.

How do I get it to show up in AI? What the Secret?
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: AI Helicopter

Post by CelticWarrior »

Have you Considered asking Flight one, Or a Flight One forum?
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

I am afraid that that package does not work the same way as normal AI. So you would need somebody that has the package to help you there, as CW says.
Steve
ricktk
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Post by ricktk »

This already came up in the Flight 1 forum. The program runs separate. ATC will not recognize the traffic, and you will not see them on a program/flight map, such as FSNavigator, that shows AI.
Rick

"Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little colored lights . . . check."
wbunnell
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by wbunnell »

My question is vague, I'm not trying to get Flight One Helicopters to show up in AI.

I'm trying to get downloaded Helicopters from Fltsim, etc, to show up as AI.

MAIW has Helicopters that show up as AI, in there packages. How is that done?
DeepSea-Two-One
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by DeepSea-Two-One »

FlightSim will not allow helicopters to be used as AI. If the .AIR file identifies the aircraft as a helicopter - the AI engine will not display the aircraft.

Some folks long ago were able to use a motorglider flight dynamics paired with a helicopter model to make somewhat acceptable helicopter AI. That has been further refined for better takeoffs and faster approaches. Some of the MAIW helicopter packages are further enhancements of the original work.

When you download a helicopter model that does not say it is an AI model, you will need a new flight dynamics - aircraft.cfg and .AIR file - to make the helicopter appear as AI. Whether or not it flies well is another discussion.

I don't know how Flight1 does their deal - possibly by the injection method used for Ultimate Traffic 2.
Reggie Fields

The Story of US Navy VQ-1 PR-21 Callsign that day - DeepSea One Two Nine - http://www.willyvictor.com/History/Kore ... Korea.html

Aircraft photo - http://www.vpnavy.com/ec/vq1ec_02_17feb2002.jpg
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

What Reggie says is accurate. If you check the MAIW helos you will find that they are actually aircraft. If you are thinking about Nick's helo's on take off then it's because they are aircraft compiled with an xml animation.

You have to remember that MS improved the AI engine in FS9 to what they thought users would like, they just did not foresee the cottage industry that they created.

Maybe they will reinvent the AI engine if they ever release another Flight Sim, but my guess is that it would still be a low priority issue for them.
Steve
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Post by mikewmac »

Firebird wrote:If you are thinking about Nick's helo's on take off then it's because they are aircraft compiled with an xml animation.
What Steve says about Nick's outstanding helicopter takeoff animations is very true, but both his NBAI Apache and Chinook helicopters also use unique turbine engined AI FDE's that I created from scratch for him and which do not use the piston engined Stemme motor glider based helicopter AI FDE's of Holger Sandmann, Doug Callihan and Al Kaiser. This affords them a turbine engined sound and allows them to both cruise and approach for landings at higher speeds while still landing on the proverbial dime. :wink: :)

Mike
    Mike M.