Problem with AI @ airport

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
WB383
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Problem with AI @ airport

Post by WB383 »

Im using ADE to modify an airport and for some reason the AI wont takeoff, they will go to the start position on the runway and jus sit there, and after awhile disappear into thin air :cry: . The AI will land and park correctly they just wont takeoff. Is there something im doing wrong? Thanks in advanced

-Wil-
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Problem with AI @ airport

Post by Firebird »

Well without seeing the afcad it seems that there is a problem with your holding points. Either there aren't any, they are too far from the runway or they are pointing away from the runway.

Check those things out.
Steve
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

Have you added hold short points fairly close to the runway? if it's too far away the ai won't recognise it.
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanReevesAviography/
WB383
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by WB383 »

I Have ILS hold short points but ill try moving them closer to the runway and see if that helps.

-Wil-
LEBTowerGuy

Post by LEBTowerGuy »

The ILS holds do not function in FS they are only for asthetics, only the actual hold short nodes work to make AI hold short of a runway. In ADE you can place them only as far away from the runway as the red circle touches the runway.
WB383
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by WB383 »

LEBTowerGuy wrote:The ILS holds do not function in FS they are only for asthetics, only the actual hold short nodes work to make AI hold short of a runway. In ADE you can place them only as far away from the runway as the red circle touches the runway.

Awesome, that fixed my problem, thanks all for the help :D

-Wil-
WB383
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by WB383 »

One more problem if you guys dont mind, I have alot of assgined parking at this peticular airport and some of my AI aircraft are parking on top of each other even though there are other parking spots? Any solution for that?

-Wil-
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

When you say "plenty of other spots" that may not help.

In theory they should not park in an already occupied spot, but I've seen them do stranger things in game.

About those "other spots" how do you have them coded, as generic MIL_COMBAT or MIL_CARGO types with no code assigned or do you have them assigned with both a specific parking code and type??
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
clarke123
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by clarke123 »

You might have another afcad for the airport floating around. That's usually the cause when it happens to me.
veni, vidi, spurius brutus deitrum covi - I came, I saw, I tore the thick bastards limb from limb
WB383
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by WB383 »

MIKE JG wrote:When you say "plenty of other spots" that may not help.

In theory they should not park in an already occupied spot, but I've seen them do stranger things in game.

About those "other spots" how do you have them coded, as generic MIL_COMBAT or MIL_CARGO types with no code assigned or do you have them assigned with both a specific parking code and type??

Both specific code and type

-Wil-
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

It shouldn't be locking them out of those spots but you may try either adding some blank spots big enough to fit your overflow aircraft or at least adding some additional coded/typed spots.

Any good AFD file should have some uncoded spots to handle overflows.

If you do indeed have plenty of blank spots, and they're still parking on top of each other, then you probably do have a duplicate AFD file screwing you up.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
WB383
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by WB383 »

okay ill do that, Thanks

-Wil-
DeepSea-Two-One
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by DeepSea-Two-One »

WB383 wrote:One more problem if you guys dont mind, I have alot of assgined parking at this peticular airport and some of my AI aircraft are parking on top of each other even though there are other parking spots? Any solution for that?
The two main causes of this are (1) duplicate AFCAD files - as mentioned above

(2) aircraft leaving the runway and not crossing a Hold Short node.

AI aircraft are assigned to a parking spot when they slow on the runway to near 35 kts. But that is only a temporary assignment, it must be confirmed when the AI aircraft exits the runway and stops at a regular Hold Short node.

If the aircraft exits a runway and does not cross a Hold Short node - it will continue to the parking spot, however, since the assignment was not confirmed - the system thinks the spot is still empty and will assign the next qualified aircraft to the same spot.

I've seen as many as nine aircraft assigned to the same spot and taxi into that spot on top of each other.

As noted above - these have to be regular Hold Short nodes, not ILS Hold Short nodes which are purely cosmetic.
Reggie Fields

The Story of US Navy VQ-1 PR-21 Callsign that day - DeepSea One Two Nine - http://www.willyvictor.com/History/Kore ... Korea.html

Aircraft photo - http://www.vpnavy.com/ec/vq1ec_02_17feb2002.jpg
LEBTowerGuy

Post by LEBTowerGuy »

Another this that produces this problem is if you are looking at your ai aircraft using Traffic View Board. I have seen this problem occasionally at different airports. For what ever reason, TVB will make the AI engine place multiple aircraft on one parking node.