RAF Coningsby 121 Expeditionary Air Wing package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: RAF Coningsby 121 Expeditionary Air Wing package by MAIW

Post by Firebird »

That is your problem then.
For some reason, and it maybe Win7 security related it doesn't seem to have copied the afcad files across. I would try doing a manual install. Run the install agaianst a temporary folder and copy those missing afcad files across to your installation \addon scenery\scenery folder.
Steve
SaabGripen121
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by SaabGripen121 »

WOW!! its been installed!! I cannot thank you enough steve you have helped alot! I installed the afcad files manually like you said and...IT WORKED!!! Once again thank you very much steve
Gripen
SaabGripen121
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by SaabGripen121 »

SaabGripen121 wrote:WOW!! its been installed!! I cannot thank you enough steve you have helped alot! I installed the afcad files manually like you said and...IT WORKED!!! Once again thank you very much steve
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Gripen
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Cool I am glad we got there eventually. I think that this has been the hardest one to solve.
It maybe that there is Win7 security issues that prevents files being added to your FS9 folders. Something to watch for in the future.
Steve
SaabGripen121
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by SaabGripen121 »

I believe it was too. I changed my security settings, reinstalled it and then it worked
Gripen
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Good, it's always nice when you get the root cause found.
Steve
brad_gtfc
Cadet
Cadet

Post by brad_gtfc »

Hi,
I seem to be having some problems similar to SaabGripen. I know you sorted that problem but i don't quite understand how to do it (I'm a bit slow :oops: ). I have done 'Add Area' for Coningsby when in the Scenary Library but when I start FS back up again is just says 'MAIW Coningsby/Scenary 0.42 not found'. I don't see what I have done wrong. I think a problem might be that there is 2 Coningsby Addon Scenery files, One is in 'Program Files (x86)' and 'Program Files'. I'm using Windows 7.

Any help I will be grateful for

Thanks,
Brad
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Well it doesn't matter how many folders for Coningsby scenery you have as long as you only have one in your scenery.cfg. You should never have two added, all sorts of problems follow even for the savvy person.
However, it depends where your FS9 is installed. If you install a folder under the default FS9 installation it is a reduced path but a full path can be specified for any drive known to your system.

Know one thing I do know about Win7 is that most people recommend that you don't install FS9 in the default place, you tend to run into security issues which can be quite troublesome unless you know how to handle the OS.

Now the weird thing is the error message. It would seem that 'MAIW Coningsby/Scenary 0.42' is what you added into your scenery.cfg when you just need to add the path to main folder 'MAIW Coningsby' as the system automatically assumes that you will have a 'scenery' and a 'texture' folder underneath that and will automatically look in their for files. It will ignore all other files and folders under 'MAIW Coningsby'.

What the system would currently be looking for is two folders under 'MAIW Coningsby/Scenary 0.42'. What you should be doing is only selecting the parent folder for the scenery, and not either/or the 'scenery' and 'texture' folders underneath.

If you are trying to add the scenery by manually altering the scenery.cfg file i would recommend not to. Use FS9 to add it.

Does any of this help?
Steve
brad_gtfc
Cadet
Cadet

Post by brad_gtfc »

Yeah, I'll give it a go. What I'll try and do first is uninstall MAIW Coningsby and re-install it manually, if you know what I mean.

Thanks
Brad