Eielson AFB package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

I use that really useful renum utility, which also found the problem discussed as it refuses to renumber the 'Fltsim flights. If anybody wants it I can point you to it.
Steve
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

I'll release the edited config as a full patch this weekend along with the other patches
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Post by Garysb »

Yes Please Firebird

Gary
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK, Gary, and anybody else interested.

The file is hosted on ProjectAI on their utils page http://www.projectai.com/library/files.php?cat=8 and the zip is called renum and is by Scott Lookabill.

If like me you do an awful lot of manual installation of AI aircraft, it is a godsend. Like the readme says it is so small you can have a copy in each of your big folders, F-16, C-130, A-10 etc.
Steve
dexthom
Cadet
Cadet

Post by dexthom »

OK for the F16s, KC135s, I can't get the A10s to show :cry:
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

hmm check your aircraft folder to make sure its actually in there, the folder name is:

WoA_RWAI_A10
dexthom
Cadet
Cadet

Post by dexthom »

The folder is there. I went to Osan and took a look with the traffic explorer and the A10s are listed but show as F16s with no texture.
Something is really screwey!
dexthom
Cadet
Cadet

Post by dexthom »

I took a look at Andrews AFB and the A10 is listed in explorer, however
they show up as F16s with no texture. The model folders contain files refing the F16, Looks like a major screw up here, I rekon I need to get my fiddle out and start fiddling with some model folders!

I'll do a manual install to a temp folder and take a look!
dexthom
Cadet
Cadet

Post by dexthom »

The model files are all correct now and I have A10s at all locations except Eielson. I have F16s and KC-135s OK. Just for drill, I changed an originating flight to Sitka (PASI) and it worked. I'll take a break and try later. :cry:

<EDIT>

Well, I have tried everything and just can't see A10s at Eielson. The KC-135s and F-16s are coming and going, just no A10s. I rekon I will have
to do without those. I am giving up on this one!
Last edited by dexthom on 04 Mar 2007, 20:09, edited 1 time in total.
wktjr

Post by wktjr »

Firebird wrote:OK, Gary, and anybody else interested.

The file is hosted on ProjectAI on their utils page http://www.projectai.com/library/files.php?cat=8 and the zip is called renum and is by Scott Lookabill.

If like me you do an awful lot of manual installation of AI aircraft, it is a godsend. Like the readme says it is so small you can have a copy in each of your big folders, F-16, C-130, A-10 etc.
I can second that recommendation. This is a must have even if you only occasionally do manual installations.
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

the patch for this package is up

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=98827
MikeyW
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by MikeyW »

I was working with this package over the weekend. Since I already had written flightplans previously for the PAEI C-135s and F-16s, I decompiled the package's flightplan and pulled out the A-10 flights and pasted them to my general flightplan of all the A-10s that I have on my system (not that many as of yet..). I just happened to look at the package's aircraft list and there are a ton of A-10s (four different paints and all of the different models) listed, but when I checked the texture folders, I only had one. Seems strange (are there no squadron commander repaints for A-10s?). When I check the flightplans, there's a lot of lines that are just repeats (except for some daily VFR TNG flights) but with different aircraft numbers, so what I had was a lot of planes going to the same place at the same time, and not many at PAEI (just the couple doing TNGs) - most were going to aiports in Canada). Sure enough, when I hopped into FS, at any given time I only had two A-10s at PAEI. This was usually the case no matter what time or day of the week I used. So I ended up re-writing the PAEI flightplans for the A-10s. Anybody else notice this?
delta b
Captain
Captain

Post by delta b »

Mikey,

First, there should be 6 A-10 textures with the package. There are a ton of aircraft.cfg entries because the textures can use multiple loadouts.

A word on the flightplans--the lines are not "just repeats," they are 2-ships and 4-ships. USAF fighters rarely travel by themselves; instead, they travel in groups of 2 or 4. What you see in the flightplans is 2 x 2-ships doing TNGs locally, a 4-ship making a trip to a "Maple Flag" exercise at Cold Lake AB, Canada, a 2-ship touring Alaskan bases and a 2-ship touring PACAF bases (e.g. Hickam AFB and Anderson AB). The reason there are only 12 aircraft instead of the normal 18-24 is the 355 FS is in the process of standing down and will be gone soon. At the time the plans were written, some of the jets were already gone. I think the reason you only see a couple is your installation is missing some textures. There should be 6 or more at Eielson at any given time.

Hope this clears it up a little. :D

Dan
WHAT? People actually FLY in Flight Sim???
MikeyW
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by MikeyW »

Thanks, Dan. That helps alot. I'm sure these are a lot more realistic than my plans. I usually set up most of my fighter plans as two ship and stagger them by 2 minutes, because if they arrive together, one usually has to go around. 2 minutes usually gives the first one time to clear the runway. This is a compromise, but it helps bigtime with TNGs and at busy airports because when I get 4 or more planes in the pattern at one time FS tends to go haywire. This might be because my rig is pretty anemic, even by FS9 standards.

I really appreciate your work - Eielson is a lot busier now and the Eielson AFCAD (like all of your AFCADs) is a work of art. These dedicated military AI models have made realistic military bases possible for me, as there's no way I could use planes like Kirk's F-16 as AI. You folks have made my military FS experience outstanding. Thanks for your great work!

Now I have to go off and hunt for those missing textures...
delta b
Captain
Captain

Post by delta b »

Mikey,

I'm glad you're enjoying the MAIW experience! Let me know if you can't find those textures and I'll ship you a set via e-mail.

Dan
MikeyW
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by MikeyW »

Thanks - I downloaded the patch and everything I needed was in there.
delta b
Captain
Captain

Post by delta b »

Sorry the patch was required--thanks for being patient! :D

Dan
MikeyW
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by MikeyW »

It's all good, Dan! I really appreciate all you and the team have done for military AI. I never imagined that we'd have the great models that we have now. I hope you get to take some time off and fly for a while.
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Hi guys,

I got this from Classic British Flightsim forums, a guy is reporting the following textures missing.

USAF_AK_18_074
USAF_AK_18_482
USAF_AK_18_742
USAF_AK_18_113
USAF_AK_18_354FW
USAF_AK_355_79-0178
USAF_AK_355_79-0187
USAF_AK_355_80-0189
USAF_AK_355_80-0238
USAF_AK_355_81-0979
USAF_AK_355_81-0997

He's using Version 2 of the package. As I haven't got round to installing Eielson myself, I could not check this. Can someone comment please, so I can answer the "customer" :lol:

Cheers

Stew 8)
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
delta b
Captain
Captain

Post by delta b »

Des,

Any ideas? :(

Dan