Andrews KADW

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Andrews KADW

Post by bismarck »

It seems to be nice from the screenshots

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=160097

Giorgio
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: Andrews KADW

Post by Joseph29 »

I downloaded it but didn't install it. Not sure if I am going to install it either. The scenery has a installer and you can't change where the scenery get installed into. I get nervous when I see freeware sure use a installer and I can't change where the files go.
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Joseph29 wrote:I downloaded it but didn't install it. Not sure if I am going to install it either. The scenery has a installer and you can't change where the scenery get installed into. I get nervous when I see freeware sure use a installer and I can't change where the files go.
I downloaded it and was able to choose where I installed it no problems.
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Stewart Pearson wrote:
Joseph29 wrote:I downloaded it but didn't install it. Not sure if I am going to install it either. The scenery has a installer and you can't change where the scenery get installed into. I get nervous when I see freeware sure use a installer and I can't change where the files go.
I downloaded it and was able to choose where I installed it no problems.
Same for me. Installed it in a test directory, this evening I'll move and try it.

Bye, Giorgio
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

It really hammers your pc. I have a Q6600 quad core overclocked to 3.2mhz and an Nvidia GTX265.

The fps on the ground went no higher than 18fps, and no I don't have everything maxed out. After take off so you can see the entire base the fps dropped to 8fps for quite a distance.
I should say that I removed the statics but left the fencing, see the installation note.

Its very nice scenery but I bet that if he used the knowledge that Rocket has gained over the years he would be able to triple that fps and make the buildings fade into the background after about 8nm to free up processing.
Steve
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Thanks for that Steve, I shall bin it in that case.
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

I was working on a new project for a new base using ADE9. I notice that some texture used for taxiways and runways wasn't correct. (concrete,asphalt)

After some tests, I found this scenery changes some of them in the main texture folder of FS9 causing this problem.
Reinstalled the original textures from another PC and all it' fine, as far as I tested till now :wink:

So, if you want to use this scenery, installed it in a temp directory and after that, copy all in your main FS9 folder BUT NOT the texture folder.

Hope this help.

Cheers, Giorgio