RAF Wildenrath V2

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
Fokket50
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

RAF Wildenrath V2

Post by Fokket50 »

After a break from FS9, it is time to release a new version of the RAF Wildenrath Chris A Brown and I created some time ago. The flightplans for the 19Sq and 92Sq Phantoms, and the 60Sq Andovers and Pembroke are the same, it is only a scenery update as this was very basic. As soon as I return from my current deployment I will upload it to AVSIM and Flightsim.
Menno

Menno

"When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." -Henry Ford
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Re: RAF Wildenrath V2

Post by Firebird »

Very cool.
Steve
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FSX

Post by CelticWarrior »

Very nice :)

I was flying Lynx in Germany in the late 80s onexercise from my home base in the UK when I made the classic error for Wildenrath.

We weren't supposed to be going there, our destination was Bruggen, but the bases were/are very similar and quite close together in a very flat area of the country with few landmarks (well that was my excuse at least). Same runway direction and almost identical airfield layout. I'm sure you can guess what happened.

It came as a huge surprise when I called finals for 27 at Bruggen to be asked if I was sure. I said I was, and repeated my request for clearance to land, only to be told that they'd just had a phone call from Wildenrath who asked Bruggen to let me know I was cleared to land there, if I really wanted to. :oops:

The fuel was just as good at Wildenrath as it was at Bruggen anyway (and the food was better). :lol:
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
Fokket50
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Fokket50 »

The new version has just been uploaded to AVSIM and Flightsim. It should be online in the coming days.
Search for RAFGEDUWV2.zip
Menno

"When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." -Henry Ford
Keith Jones
Captain
Captain

Post by Keith Jones »

Thanks very much, Menno.
Where ever you go, there you are.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Lovely stuff. Looking forward to adding this.
Steve
phantomfreak
Major
Major

Post by phantomfreak »

Is there a texture and model for the Pembroke? The folder in the download only contains the aircraft.cfg file.
Bazinga!
Chrisb
Major
Major

Post by Chrisb »

Hello,

I can't even remember if I painted the Pembroke for our first version but have a feeling we took the aircraft and texture, with permission, as it came. Anyway it on Avsim as 'Pembroke.zip' and one of the two textures is for 60 Sqn.

Chris
phantomfreak
Major
Major

Post by phantomfreak »

Yeah, I found that after reading a bit further down in the readme. I guess it pays to read them.
Bazinga!