Illini's Repaints

Here you can search for, request or display your military AI repaints for others to enjoy.
Blacklion10

Re: Illini's Repaints

Post by Blacklion10 »

And also the squadrons aren't parking in the right order....when i say that you have VFA-81 parking on the old tomcat line instead of parking on the other side of the ramp or the Hornet ramp. As well as 105, 34, and i think that is it...ill do a double check later but that's just off the top of my head.
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Post by reconmercs »

Blacklion10 wrote:And also the squadrons aren't parking in the right order....when i say that you have VFA-81 parking on the old tomcat line instead of parking on the other side of the ramp or the Hornet ramp. As well as 105, 34, and i think that is it...ill do a double check later but that's just off the top of my head.

Hmm, its been ages since I've been to Oceana so the parking could definitely be off, if you have a diagram of where the squadrons should be parked I'll definitely make the adjustments
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Busy at Flightsim.com, thanks AH for the VF-103 Sluggers Cat's, a nice surprise and how I first saw them when I joined my USN squadron in 1995, not only did they take on the Jolly Roger history, also first to deploy with the LANTIRN pod, pushing the Tomcat into the future as a precision strike aircraft.

For anyone adding his paints to current packages, they are located in MAIW Lemoore Hornets with VFA-125 (merged last year into VFA-122). Jets are constantly shuffled from squadron to squadron real world, so if you are anal like me, you can adjust your FP's.

VFA-113 "Bee" scheme is BuNo 164658 (texture.USN_NJ_VFA-125_164658)
VFA-122 "CoMA scheme is BuNo 163776 (texture.USN_NJ_VFA-125_163776)
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Worked on the Oceana Bugs last night and noticed I don't have some of the E/F models mentioned in the .cfg file. I have every MAIW Super Hornet package installed. No issue as I just switched them out, just wondering if I was missing some specials?

Also, might be my FSX set up, but I have some overall "black" aircraft mixed in with normal textures, ex on the -105 line, a few jets show fine, while others show black with textured weapons.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

From what I understand the black look is an FSX issue. I think it might be due to the alpha layer. It might be worth checking to see if they have the same layer as one that works OK, using DXTBmp is your best bet here as you can export and import alpha layers if you need to.
Steve
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by tango234 »

In FSX an aircraft usually shows up black when there is a texture missing, or incorrectly named, or something along those lines. I don't think the alpha affects it, at least its not something I've ever noticed.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

If that is correct then please ignore my drunken ramblings.
Steve
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Victory103 wrote:Worked on the Oceana Bugs last night and noticed I don't have some of the E/F models mentioned in the .cfg file. I have every MAIW Super Hornet package installed. No issue as I just switched them out, just wondering if I was missing some specials?
Also, might be my FSX set up....
Same for me, but I'm on FS9

Giorgio
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

Victory103 wrote:Worked on the Oceana Bugs last night and noticed I don't have some of the E/F models mentioned in the .cfg file. I have every MAIW Super Hornet package installed. No issue as I just switched them out, just wondering if I was missing some specials?

Yeah, I noticed this too, there are still a couple models that we've never released for the Super Bug. The quickest fix is to just swap out the missing models in your config for ones that are available. Don't forget there are still a couple Super Bug units we haven't released it :wink:
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Rechecked/replaced all models and textures as I started converting them to DXT3 w/ mips. Didn't get them all done but everything is fine now, probably a FSX glitch as usual. My KNTU was not ready for this much traffic!

Hmm, I only think of one other country that currently flies Super Bugs....
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Blacklion10

Post by Blacklion10 »

Oceana Package update.....New VFA-34 Cag

http://www.navy.mil/management/photodb/ ... 45-031.jpg
Flyin Illini
Major
Major

Post by Flyin Illini »

Did you guys download my update? I thought I fixed the texture issues when I reuploaded it. Please let me know
Phantoms Phorever!
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Working fine now on my system, granted it is FSX. I went back and noticed the main ones I had issues with were Mark's repaints for VFA-103, since I used his prior to being able to download your outstanding file, again fixed and I'm very thankful for a proper fully stocked Oceana.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

I've downloaded the updated file and all it's fine (FS9), excluding those aircraft referring to a model that I do not have.
Considering I have all Hornet packages installed. May be, you have some new model that will be part of some upcoming package.

Giorgio
Flyin Illini
Major
Major

Post by Flyin Illini »

Finally back online, took 12 days to get internet out here to the boonies where i moved too. Finally can share these. Finished VFA-195 Supers, VFA-213 XO, fixed my nose arts on the Alconbury A-10s and threw in a low vis slugger for fun.

Phantoms Phorever!
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

Like those Dambusters Aaron.

Mark
Mark
petebramley
MAIW Developer