New to ADE and military AI .

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
XLR8
Cadet
Cadet

New to ADE and military AI .

Post by XLR8 »

Its been some time since I visited here . I have been learning to use ADE the last couple of months . What I'm looking for is a simple way to add some or all military aircraft to FSX/acceleration . I was using Traffic PlusPak - Military Aircraft 1 as AI traffic with great success . But since I started to use DX10 these aircraft don't have textures . I do remember that there was much confusion adding maiw AI to FSX as to was designed for fs9 . What has changed and is there aircraft/packages/easy way to use maiw these days. Thank you.
GrahamS
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Re: New to ADE and military AI .

Post by GrahamS »

It isn't DX10 which is the problem, it is the DX10 preview version shipped with FSX which is not backwards compatible. Turn off the DX10 preview in FSX.
Which way is up?
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Step 2, remove all generic Traffic Plus packages and download MAIW packages.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
XLR8
Cadet
Cadet

Post by XLR8 »

GrahamS wrote:It isn't DX10 which is the problem, it is the DX10 preview version shipped with FSX which is not backwards compatible. Turn off the DX10 preview in FSX.

Thanks for the reply, very much apreciated . To make a long story short, if I run without DX10 preview I get stutters in FSX . With DX10 on, I run FSX full sliders everything on high with 60 to 80 FPS . I have been researching a fix for this for close to a year now with no fix . To be 100% honest with you, I would love to run FSX without DX10 preview as I have many addons that are not backward compatible .
XLR8
Cadet
Cadet

Post by XLR8 »

Victory103 wrote:Step 2, remove all generic Traffic Plus packages and download MAIW packages.

Thanks for the reply, very much apreciated . I did uninstall all traffic packages and downloaded a couple of maiw packs . But went to install them and said for fs9 only . I would be very greatful if you could sugest a few that are for FSX/acceleration . Thanks
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

There are no MAIW packages that are produced for FSX. They are all only built and tested for FS9. Having said that there have been some very clever people who have written down their experiences in converting to working in FSX.
Grabbing this guide would be a very useful start and then head over to the FSX thread which can be found under the Military AI Discussion forum for any specific problems.
Steve
Keith Jones
Captain
Captain

Post by Keith Jones »

Steve, you should amend your second sentence to avoid confusion :) :)
Where ever you go, there you are.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Doh!
Steve
Christopher Low
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Post by Christopher Low »

The MAIW Grob Tutor package appears to work in FSX, although I had to integrate it into Ultimate Traffic 2 first to avoid conflicts with other military traffic BGL files.