Zeltweg Air Base Support Thread

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Zeltweg Air Base Support Thread

Post by Greg »

Post support related comments for this package in this thread. The Package Manager will look into your problem as soon as possible.

NOTE 1: Keep this thread clean and post ONLY support related comments here. For all other discussions about this package, please reply to the release announcement.

NOTE 2: We will only provide support for bugs in our packages, not for conflicts with other addons in a user's highly modified simulator setup.

NOTE 3: Support for FSX users will not be offered in this thread. Instead FSX community support can be had from other users by posting questions in our "Unofficial Flight Simulator X Forums".
Ripcord
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Re: Zeltweg Air Base Support Thread

Post by Ripcord »

Nice work and thank you for this package. I have no major problems, however I would point out a rather minor issue -- the use of special letters/charactors like o with the 2 dots above it (sorry, I don't know the proper name of this letter) in names of waypoints, etc creates problems with my database of airports. For instance, changing the spelling to read "Oberosterreich" is what I have to do in order to resolve this.

Let me say that I realize for somebody that lives in Europe this is incorrect and perhaps offensive, and maybe impossible to do, as YOUR version of windows accomodates the correct spelling. I have also lived many years abroad, so I get it. So I'll just make this note, in case any others notice something amiss. I had problems updating the airport database for FSX Mission Editor -- not just with this package but also with some Italian airports (non-MAIW). All I had to do was use ADE to edit the names, once I figured out which ones they were -- at least that seems to be working so far.

Again, I do not expect the designers to accomodate every known language on the planet -- I just throw this out for others, who might have a similar problem.
hgschnell
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by hgschnell »

thanks a lot for your fine packages!

just a question: Nick Black's Eurofighters are nearly 6m high (instead of 5.28m)
So some sceneries have problems with hangars of 5.5m height.

(I tried to contact Nick by PM twice, but I got no answer)

regards
Guenther
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

hgschnell wrote:thanks a lot for your fine packages!

just a question: Nick Black's Eurofighters are nearly 6m high (instead of 5.28m)
So some sceneries have problems with hangars of 5.5m height.

(I tried to contact Nick by PM twice, but I got no answer)

regards
Nick, has retired from FS modelling a number of years ago, I doubt you will get hold of him anymore.
Mark
hgschnell
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by hgschnell »

thanks Mark,

I thought he visited the forum some days ago.

But it looks like it was another Nick

:(
Guenther
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi Guenther,
When Nick left he kindly let some people have access to his source files. At the moment though it doesn't seem that anybody has taken to updating his Typhoon source. I guess we will have to wait until somebody gets the time or inclination to upgrade it.
Steve
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

I made a start on it but it needed more work than I was willing to put into it.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
hgschnell
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by hgschnell »

thanks anyway...

it is not so easy to shrink an Eurofighter, there is no way to wash it to hot like socks.

:mrgreen:
Guenther
miljan
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by miljan »

I knew for this when I made objects for scenery so that is the reason why some hangers are a bit higher than they should be.

Miljan
VIVA LA VIDA