U.S. Coast Guard Including all 200+ A/C, Helo's and scenery

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
cobbcfi

U.S. Coast Guard Including all 200+ A/C, Helo's and scenery

Post by cobbcfi »

All repaints are done minus a few HH-65's. I'll get the Blackhawks and C-130's pic up soon.
Attachments
The brand new HC-144A Sentry's coming onto the Coast Guard to replace the aging HU-25 Guardians.
The brand new HC-144A Sentry's coming onto the Coast Guard to replace the aging HU-25 Guardians.
This is the remaining HU-25's that are being de-commisioned..
This is the remaining HU-25's that are being de-commisioned..
cobbcfi

Re: U.S. Coast Guard Including all 200+ A/C, Helo's and scenery

Post by cobbcfi »

Here's Clearwater with buildings removed
Attachments
A pic of CGAS Clearwater with then entire fleet at home for a photo op..
A pic of CGAS Clearwater with then entire fleet at home for a photo op..
Chrisb
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by Chrisb »

If I have understood this right congratulations on such a large package which I'm sure will be much appreciated.

Chris
flyerkg
Major
Major
Version: P3D

Post by flyerkg »

Wow! This will be incredible.
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

Great Idea, looks very good.
Mark
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

That is some undertaking. It looks awesome.
Steve
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Very cool! What model did you use for the Falcons?
Joecoastie
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Joecoastie »

cobbcfi wrote:All repaints are done minus a few HH-65's. I'll get the Blackhawks and C-130's pic up soon.
Jayhawk :wink:
Service to my Country 9/61 - 2/03
US Navy - HS-3, VX-1, HS-7 (USS Intrepid, USS Wasp, USS Yorktown)
Va National Guard - 229th Cbt Avn Co
US Coast Guard - E City CGAS, CGC Morro Bay, RTC Yorktown
NOAA - Co-op Observer 1983 - present
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Looks amazing, so which models did you use for the H-65 and H-60?
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
cobbcfi

Post by cobbcfi »

The HH-65 is Antti Pankkonen's AS365N3 Dauphin, remodeled into the HH-65 Dolphin by John Devins and Keith Devins.. Having issues with "contact points", it looks like it's dodging bullets when it taxi's in AI.

The HH-60 is "Hover Control's" by Jordan Moore, not the most frame rate friendly and no LOD's so this one will be on mission most of the time to limit frame-rate hits at the CGAS's. Especially places like Clearwater FL.. Other airstation's the framerates are minimal..

The HC-144A is from here (MAIW), but the paint package has me working to clear up some issues with textures..

The HC-130's both H and J are HTAI..

All repaints are custom hand painted by me, and will be accompanied with complete flightplans and afcads. As you can tell, there isn't any afcad's for most CGAS's and if there is for the airport itself, the helo's are parked everywhere as they have no assignment..

I am not at this point seeking any permissions because this was my own project for myself "UNLIKE" most of what I have done in the past but by the response, I believe this is something I should definitely be sharing..

The Coast Guard Cutter Package is soon to follow..

All package's will be released individually so that systems taking a hit from unfriendly frame rates can choose not to install or to uninstall as they wish..

:lol:

That is based on permission granted by the respected authors...
Last edited by cobbcfi on 19 Feb 2013, 09:57, edited 1 time in total.
cobbcfi

Post by cobbcfi »

Oh and the Guardians are JB Simulations..
cobbcfi

Post by cobbcfi »

I hope it's incredible, I started working on it 4 nights a week back in October of 2012.. I can't help it, I am a perfectionist by nature.. As a matter of fact, I just realized I have 42 Dolphins that I screwed up when I got complacent.. Should be a quick (ish) fix though..

Not sure how I over looked the engine nacelles on the Orange/Red Dolphins.. See Pic
Attachments
2013-2-19_4-51-52-448.jpg
jrbirdman81
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by jrbirdman81 »

:shock: WOW! I am really looking forward to this as well. Thank you SO much! This is one thing I have always wanted!! Best regards, Jeremy
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Oh please do release this one. That's great work.
cobbcfi

Post by cobbcfi »

Close-ups of the current fleet of U.S. Coast Guard aircraft.. I didn't remember to include the 2 G-V's but those will come later..

Remember, these are AI aircraft, don't look to closely at them.. Although I have spent a great deal of time trying to get them perfect!!
Attachments
MH-60T.jpg
Dolphin.jpg
cobbcfi

Post by cobbcfi »

The old and new "smokies".... I love that exhaust trail you can see for miles, good for the environment or not..
Attachments
HC-130J.jpg
HC-130.jpg
cobbcfi

Post by cobbcfi »

The old Guardian still hanging around, as expected..
Attachments
HU-25C.jpg
cobbcfi

Post by cobbcfi »

And in the mean-time, let me work on the HC-144a and it's texture issue, also the Gulfstream needs some TLC as well.. Stay tuned..

I am up for Beta testers that would give me some feedback on "timing" and "frame-rates" if interested.. I wont give you the whole package but if your up for testing my (1. afcad 2. fleet 3. timing 4. destinations) then PM me or cobbcfi@hotmail.com and let me know.. If your like me, in an area that is close to heart (me-- Charleston SC and Air Facility Charleston/CGAS Savannah detachment) let me know and I'll work with you on destinations timing and the like. The U.S. Coast Guard is basically the only branch that doesn't have scheduled flight system so it's shooting from the hip for me but I have a pretty good idea of where to expect them. I will take no classified info for any reason, all flightplans are fictional but if you live nearby a CGAS and a helo or smokey leaves every morning at 5:23am, that will be included, regardless of where it's actually going.. Unless you know ;-)

Obviously I am going to release this complete package now so I would love some help..

Semper Paratus (I was never a Coastie, just a local commercial pilot that watched my fuel indications eak down as I got my own airshow from our local "Coasties" performing "hover operations" over the field.. Quote from me not to long ago {ME--"Coast Guard XXXX, Citation NXXXXX is holding short for departure runway niner, going on niner minutes, would you mind if we escaped your downwash?? THEM-- Citation NXXXXX, Coast Guard XXXX stepping aside for departures, sorry for the delay.. ME--Coast Guard XXXX, no worries, we paid for your fuel.. THEM--Citation NXXXXX, Thank you again.. ME-- Citation NXXXXX taking the active and rolling for straight out departure runway niner Charleston Exec, local traffic watch out for our Coast Guard practicing on the field, they are watching out for you. So-long}
Joecoastie
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Joecoastie »

As a retired Coastie aviator I am looking forward to your package.
I probably have most of the aircraft flying in my FS using all the same models, just never did get into scenery. Adjusted afcads for parking and the one ECGAS I uploaded.
The only thing I regret is the unavailability of a decent looking AI Falcon. The front of the DJ Falcon just isn't right. About two years ago a chap in Russia had some pics of a beautiful Falcon 20 along with the HU-25 that he was working on, but he never released them. :(

I'd be willing to beta for you for FSX installation. :smt006

JoeCoastie
Service to my Country 9/61 - 2/03
US Navy - HS-3, VX-1, HS-7 (USS Intrepid, USS Wasp, USS Yorktown)
Va National Guard - 229th Cbt Avn Co
US Coast Guard - E City CGAS, CGC Morro Bay, RTC Yorktown
NOAA - Co-op Observer 1983 - present
cobbcfi

Post by cobbcfi »

Your right, the JD Falcon does the Guardian no justice. It was hard for me to accurately paint the aircraft because it just doesn't fit the real Guardian. But the fact that it is being phased out quickly, I guess we'll have to make do, it's now or never..