UPDATED QuestiMissing aircraft in Tyndall AFB Hurlburt Field

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
WhiskeyJake
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

UPDATED QuestiMissing aircraft in Tyndall AFB Hurlburt Field

Post by WhiskeyJake »

After moving aircraft to Simobjects /airplane and running AIFP said I'm missing all the aircraft at Hurlburt Field.

I installed Tyndall AFB on my #2test PC and it showed the F-4,F-22, F-15 and DH 8, when I installed to Main #1 PC no F-4's

Both PC's running Windows7 and FSXA

Is it just me or these MAIW's just hard to get running in FSX???
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: UPDATED QuestiMissing aircraft in Tyndall AFB Hurlburt Field

Post by Firebird »

If AIFP is saying that the aircraft are not their then it is simply that the aircraft folder placement is not correct, or that the folder is not in the FSX path.
Maybe some FSXer can help further here.
Steve
Ripcord
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Post by Ripcord »

FSX is a crazy thing, that is for sure.

Try creating a SIMOBJECTS/MAIW folder and put all your MAIW AI aircraft in there. Shouldn't matter really. You have to activate that in the FSX.cfg file by the way. Be sure you download the 'installing in FSX guide' and read thru that section carefully -- I don't want you hosing up your FSX installation.

Secondly, when installing the traffic files, I usually copy the traffic.bgl file over into my FSX Files folder, like under MY DOCUMENTS or someplace. Here is where I put them here:
C:\Users\NAME\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files

I don't just paste them into the scenery/world/scenery folder. Then using AIFP I open them from that 'Flight Simulator X Files' folder and check for missing textures. Then I do validate flight plan list. Then I do save and compile (into the scenery/world/scenery folder). That's it.

Not sure if this was helpful.
WhiskeyJake
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by WhiskeyJake »

I'll give that a try as I'm doing something wrong somewhere on PC#1 as most on #2 work. Just did Nellis AFB and looks great on #2 not good on #1..
Ripcord
Captain
Captain

Post by Ripcord »

Jake

I know this doesn't make you feel any better, but I just stopped at KPAM and saw that I have almost NO AI there at all. So there might well be some issues here that are not limited to your machine.

Sometimes I find some really good freeware base sceneries, and I just use ADE to edit the parking codes, or add parking if it isn't there. I might try the Jim Cook version. I also saw that Alphasim has a version also, for FSX, might try that. IIRC, Ken at Milviz did some base sceneries for his F-15 payware jet which by all accounts is really good. The scenery and the missions, however available on his website -- again, that is if my memory serves (it often does not).

Ripcord

EDIT: My bad. The Milviz sceneries include Lakenheath, Mountain Home and Seymour Johnson, and several others, but not Tyndall.
WhiskeyJake
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by WhiskeyJake »

Rip
I've been playing around with all these and actually got planes(F-15's,F-22's,F-4's and 2 ??) by the dozens at Tyndall. Not sure yet what i did ,but still none a Hurlburt.
I know I took all AI installs out and started 1 at the time, if I had problem stopped and started over.
I found that on the installs not everything goes where it is supposed to.
With all Y'alls help here I'm getting there
Thanks
JT
Ripcord
Captain
Captain

Post by Ripcord »

Yeah, I think for FSX, the best practice is to install the files into just some folder, and then copy/paste the files manually into FSX, where they need to go. That has generally worked for me.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Ripcord wrote:Yeah, I think for FSX, the best practice is to install the files into just some folder, and then copy/paste the files manually into FSX, where they need to go. That has generally worked for me.
And me, one package at a time moving everything in, overwriting newer versions if required. Lastly I convert the traffic files to FSX and fire up the box to see the new eye candy, making notes if something is off.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

And Whiskey, never use the installer for FSX, its designed only to install into FS9. For FSX its got to be a manual copy paste job every time.
Mark