Hello to all

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Hello to all

Post by nickblack423 »

Well hello everyone how are we all doing?

Life for me has been pretty hectic the last few years. My kids are now 5 and 2 and oldest is at school. I am now a full time serving Home Office Police Officer in the UKs largest port town in the UK Felixstowe and am very much enjoying that. It is probably about 2 years since I have appeared here in the forums.

Well I pop in every now and then and have a look whats going on and subscribe to the MAIW facebook page so I always see whats going on. The group seems to be going from strength to strength and I am very impressed to see it keeping going after all this time. You should all be very proud of what you have achieved and I am very happy to have been a part of making these things happen in the past. It is nice to see the legacy of my models living on through users as well.

And this is where it brings me now, I am starting to miss it, and tonight when I logged on I started to feel the old buzz coming back. So much so that I booted up FSDS (yes I still have it) and had a look to see if I could remember how to use it. And I could a little. I dont currently have FS on either my laptop or PC but still have FSX and can easily get a copy of FS2004. I am missing alot of the old addons unfortunately but would be in a position to get back to basics.

And so I am thinking of whether I could make a come back of sorts. The reason I left in the first place was mainly due to family issues and having the new little one but was also based on massive burnout. I cant remember exactly but before I left I think I had something like 9 packages on the go at a time including my own aircraft models and trying to do all the textures AFDs, callsigns, textures and scenery myself. It took its toll on me and it all got to be a bit samey.

Maybe I can make a slow comeback to this as I do miss it, and you guys. I'll have a little look around and see what has changed and what is new and then see what I can come up with.

Regards

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Re: Hello to all

Post by gsnde »

Hi Nick,

Great to hear from you, and even better that it seems to be only good news.
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

Would be great to have back around mate. :D
Mark
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Good to see you mate. Cannot believe the ages of the kids - where did those years go?

We've now got quite an active Retro section as well, which may tempt you.
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

Hey man. It's all about goofing off and having fun.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hey Nick, welcome home.
Take your time and look around. Best to take it slow and just see what takes your fancy.

I think that you will impressed by the quality of not only the latest models but also the scenery enhancements that are prevalent now.

Oh by the way retro is quite popular at the moment, which I am sure you will quickly work out.
Steve
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by f4nutter »

hey welcome back Nick :D
sr01
Major
Major

Post by sr01 »

Nick
Welcome back . Your modeling skills are sorely needed ! I always admired how you managed to detail A/C such as the F-4 and especially the F-14 with its subtle compound curves .
If ye'd like to jump back in with any tips on economic low poly cockpit detailing feel free.
maddog65
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by maddog65 »

Welcome back Nick!!!
I kept telling Danny to leave the porch light on.
Les

Post by james84 »

Hi Nick! Nice to see you! Hope everything is ok!
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

The little master himself, great to hear from you and I really look forward to working with you again.

Cheer's,
Mark
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

Hi Nick,

It's great to see you back around again and hopefully you will decide to take this addictive Military AI hobby back up again. We certainly could use some more of your great AI models to play with. :wink: :D
    Mike M.
    Garysb
    MAIW Developer
    MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

Hi Nick

Good to see you back
    You will be glad to know Conningsby 2 is well on the way

Gary
    I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
    Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
    nickblack423
    MAIW Veteran
    MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

Hey guys thank you for the warm welcome back. I've only had a short time to look around and see what's what but I've started to get some of the programs needed back online. Just waiting on getting FS back installed on my computers and in the meantime I've been having a poke around and doing a bit of research as to what would be a good model to get me back in the saddle. I've got some ideas so we'll see where they lead to. Need to get alot of stuff back.

Nick
    bismarck
    MAIW Developer
    MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Black is back!!! :mrgreen: :wink:
    petebramley
    MAIW Developer
    MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

Welcome back Nick

Pull up a chair and make yourself comfy :D :D
    Pete B
    Retired and busier than ever !!
    delbydoo
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by delbydoo »

Nice to see you posting again Nick; yourself and other modellers here have set a number of precedents in AI modelling which I am sure Microsoft never envisaged - boy I bet they're wishing they hadn't quit!Welcome back mate and looking forward to what comes out of the Blackworks :D
    nickblack423
    MAIW Veteran
    MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

"Blackworks" I like that Daryl, maybe that's the way to go if I do produce anything new. HAHA. Seriously though thanks for all the support guys. I will try my best to get back on track and bring something special to the table if I can. Still gotta find my feet however and re-learn what I have lost over the last 2 years.

Nick
    shaggy22
    MAIW Developer
    MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

Glad too see you back here Nick. If in doubt just press buttons mate & hope for the best, that's what I do :D
    Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanReevesAviography/
    fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Still gotta find my feet however and re-learn what I have lost over the last 2 years.
    Just like riding a stock horse mate, just hang on tight and wait for the bucking to stop. lol