U.S. Coast Guard Including all 200+ A/C, Helo's and scenery

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
LEBTowerGuy

Re: U.S. Coast Guard Including all 200+ A/C, Helo's and scenery

Post by LEBTowerGuy »

Wasn't Jake or someone working on a HU-25 at some point recently. I thought I remembered seeing some screenies of it.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Nice timing, I just got the March 13 issue of Combat Aircraft Monthly mag with a complete 2013 guide to the USCG. It's only a few pages compared to last months USAF 2013 guide.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Ripcord
Captain
Captain

Post by Ripcord »

Any updates? Sorry to be impatient -- I am wanting to get these out to the CGAS units on the West Coast as well, to populate FTX scenery for the Pacific NW and South Alaska, which is on the way.
Joecoastie
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Joecoastie »

FWIW, I'm working on North Bend (KOTH) and Sitka (PASI) for my FSX. Also look for John Sinstrom's USCG Northwest for Astoria, Humbolt Bay and Port Angeles. I added them to my setup and adjusted the AFCADS and flight plans for the HH65's that use them in reality.

Here's Humbolt Bay

Astoria

and Port Angeles

There's also some good scenery for Opa Locka, Atlantic City and Mobile also that have "Coastie" presence (AFCADS need tweaked so there's enough parking and everybody parks in the proper place) .
Service to my Country 9/61 - 2/03
US Navy - HS-3, VX-1, HS-7 (USS Intrepid, USS Wasp, USS Yorktown)
Va National Guard - 229th Cbt Avn Co
US Coast Guard - E City CGAS, CGC Morro Bay, RTC Yorktown
NOAA - Co-op Observer 1983 - present
Joecoastie
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Joecoastie »

I'm also in the process of updating my earlier (FS9) E City (KECG) scenery for FSX.

Here's Opa Locka (KOPF) and Mobile (KMOB) with adjusted AFCADS.

timbob1
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Post by timbob1 »

:D Very nice
Regards
Tim

Scenery Designer
cobbcfi

Post by cobbcfi »

A delayed response, and for that I am sorry, I work for Boeing in South Carolina and we have been rather busy to say the least.... I have a guy which is a coastie MH-65 pilot and there has been some tweaking of the MH-65's Orange.. It had a bit to much red, but he saved me because I thought by looking at photo's on the web that some were red and some were orange.. That is not the case, it's all by light and when and what angle the photo was taken and that all MH-65's leave ALC in Elizabeth city in the same orange which is almost "international orange" but not quite so I have had some re-work (as we Boeing employees tend to call it) but they will be done by then end of this week.

On a second note, after re-vamping multiple sceneries to get the helo's to park where they should, I have come to realize that there are many great scenery's out there with custom buildings that I could never complete all of that.. My next thought is to save myself the time, email the original authors of the great scenery's in question and ask them to release an update with USCG designated parking and see if they will oblige.

By the way, if you guys are re-configuring any scenery's, all of my aircraft will be sent to "Mil_Cargo" parking code "USCG" regardless of type.. So you can set your parking to USCG and expect to find at least some of them there, FSX will send the others to wherever every single time.. Drives me nuts!

Once I get this "orange" issue ironed out, I expect to release it very soon.. Everything is done painting wise, minus the re-work on the MH-65's and the flight plans wont take long at all so be ready for it.

I have a beta tester in Houston for the "longhorn" helo's, anyone wanna beta test other city's?
jetmax
Major
Major

Post by jetmax »

Quick question. Are you only doing the lower 48 or do you have plans to expand to AK and HI?

Cheers

Scott
Scott "Jetmax" Jones
The Virtual Air National Guard
Ask me how to join....
http://www.flyvang.org/
ardethomas
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by ardethomas »

There is also Borinquen CGAS (TJBQ) in Puerto Rico.

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-p ... 328625.jpg

Thank you in advance.
:mrgreen:
Joecoastie
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Joecoastie »

cobbcfi wrote: By the way, if you guys are re-configuring any scenery's, all of my aircraft will be sent to "Mil_Cargo" parking code "USCG" regardless of type.. So you can set your parking to USCG and expect to find at least some of them there, FSX will send the others to wherever every single time.. Drives me nuts!
Exactly what I've set all my USCG aircraft to through the years. Sizing the parking for each type of aircraft keeps every one straight - mostly. Martin's AI Aircraft Editor has really helped in getting the parking sizes in FSX. Also in making scenery/afcads for the helo stations, I usually make up an additional short helo runway. Keeps them from holding up biz-jets waiting to hit the skies :wink:

FWIW - Here's what I've done to the JBAI Falcon 10 to make it look like the 20. More pleasing (to me) front section.

day

and night
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Agree with the better model, although I do have several Falcon 20's in the sim. Shouldn't matter too much as the HU-25's are on the way out.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
cobbcfi

Post by cobbcfi »

Yes, all USCG units are included HI, PR, AK ect... I am about finished with the HH/MH-65's base paint and will be slapping reg's and ensignia on them rather quickly and then will have to work on the traffic files part of it. It shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks and I am going to fill the skies with the 200+ aircraft that I have been repainting since last November.
jrbirdman81
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by jrbirdman81 »

Any news about this? I have been looking forward to this one. Kind regards, Jeremy :D
Treetop64
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Treetop64 »

Been waiting for something like this to put into FSX for years. I was a "tweet" in the USCG, based at Sacramento with our regular deployments up to Kodiak to watch guys fish. When I was serving, there were only the 1500, 1600, and 1700 series HC-130s (IIRC Sac had three 16s and a 17). The J model had just begun to enter service with the Coast Guard when I left.

It was good duty, and sometimes I still regret that I got out as early as I did.

Looking forward to this.
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

This may sound silly, largely because I'm not up to speed on every AI that is out there, but what is wrong with the JBAI Falcon 20 model.
I'm interested in this subject from a AI developers point of view.
cheer's,
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Basic model that would look great with an update, although it is in fact the same model used as the HU-25. I have them flying around from a couple of "Freightshifters" packs out. As long as there are repaints, most will use whatever model fills the bill.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

So in other words the Falcon 10 is being used here because there are repaints for it, not because of some other reason / problem with the Falcon 20 model, besides being an old school model, interesting.
Seems like a fairly straight forward model to develop with no real twists or turns to catch you out, but then after saying that....... fate has a way of screwing things. I may add it to my growing list of wanted AI, that is as long as the USCG continue to use them in the meantime. We'll see!
Joecoastie
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Joecoastie »

For what it's worth, the reason I am using the Falcon 10 model is because I feel the beauty of the 20 is not at all represented by the available model. I'm not bashing the model, I use it in many Freightshifters AI flight plans.
The fuselage from the wings back is acceptable, however the forward fuselage and the cockpit/nose are (IMHO) just "not right" for my Coasties.

AI Falcon 20 model
screenshot158.JPG
Actual Falcon 20/HU-25
http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Co ... ef77933502

About two years ago over on the AIG forum, Makc-sim had started on a very nice 20 and from the screen shots it was very good. However for one reason or another he never finished/released it. Should you want to read the topic: http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index ... pic=9990.0
The pictures unfortunately have been removed.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Maybe it will turn up as a surprise on UTT.
Steve
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Ok, I'll keep that other model that you mention in mind.
I really don't like going over the same ground as another AI developer if there model is going to be released at some stage. I'm not that competative just to have something that is only marginally better in AI xml effects. :P
Worth a mention though to find out who knows what! May it will show up on UTT. :lol:
cheer's,