Adding AI aircraft from other Sources

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
edryan
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FS9

Adding AI aircraft from other Sources

Post by edryan »

Hi All:

Love the site!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to place some aircraft like Level D, etc on flight plans for your bases. So far the aricraft show on the base but will not depart or arrive at the designated times. I used Simple AI to do the plans and the plans work fine in FS2004. Any ideas?

Thanks you all...great work!

Ed Ryan
fishlips

Re: Adding AI aircraft from other Sources

Post by fishlips »

I used Simple AI to do the plans and the plans work fine in FS2004. Any ideas?
You seem to contradict your self in this statement. Are you using FSX, if so you need to recompile them for that platform.
I'm sure somebody here can further help you with that.
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

Ed

If you are trying to add traffic to fsx simple fs2004 files won't work.

If you google the owls nest and have a look at martins tutorials you'll be set

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
edryan
Cadet
Cadet

Post by edryan »

Am using FS2004. The non-MAIW aircraft I am using are in the flight plan of Simple AI and work in FS2004 fine except with MAIW airfields. There they show up but will not move, land or depart at the planned times. Thanks...Ed Ryan
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Post by gsnde »

If they show and depart or land then you have both fitting parking codes and are using the correct type of FS9/FSX traffic files. I now understand that everything works in principle, but the operation times does not meet your expectation. This can happen due the different timezones.

Have a look at the compiled traffic bgls with Don's AI Flight Planner. You can see the times that are in the flight plan with that tool.
Cheers,
Martin
Second Lieutenant

Post by RobW94 »

Hang on there. Adding UI aircraft to AI flightplans isn't a good idea. It is a complete drain on frames and can cause CTD's (at least in FS9 anyway).

If UI aircraft were meant to used as AI, then we wouldn't make AI models would we? ;)

Rob
flyingcarpet75.com | FAIB Beta Team | AIG Dispatch
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

You are right on all accounts, and the fact that you will probably need to change the fde for an AI one, alter all effects to AI ones and make sure you don't have 32-bit textures.
Having said all this people still want to do it for various reasons. The best we can do is point out the pitfalls and try an offer advice.
Steve
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Okay, I googled LevelD and now I know what you are talking about... Never realized this is about UI aircraft :roll:
Cheers,
Martin
Cadet

Post by edryan »

I have been adding what you call UI aircraft for years to my flightplans using Simple AI utili..no problem working in FS2004 at all.

With the MAIW air bases, I try to add even other AI aircraft and flights and they show but no movement. So I think most of what I am hearing is irrelevant as I have been doing this for years w/o a problem.

Any reason why they will not move?

Thanks...Ed
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Well for aircraft to show up you must have a flightplan. So I guess that you have that OK. For them to move you need two things, one the plan needs to have them moving at that time and the parking spots have to be joined to the taxi system.

If the parking spots are not joined to the taxi system when it comes to the time for the aircraft to move then they disappear. Therefore unless I am missing something subtle I think that the planes are not due to move at the time you are looking.

If you were to zip up the raw text files and attach them here then we could check to see if there are any errors.
Steve
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Post by Garysb »

Remember all times in flightplans are GMT
So if your flightplan said 11:00 am - in california it would be approx (not checked actual) 03:00 local when it moved

So if your flightplan said 11:00 am - in New Zealand it would be approx (not checked actual)23:00 local when it moved

This may be another reason

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

I mentioned that too, Gary, but I think it was one of the replies Ed rates as irrelevant :smt002
Cheers,
Martin
Second Lieutenant

Post by RobW94 »

edryan wrote: So I think most of what I am hearing is irrelevant as I have been doing this for years w/o a problem.

hmmm not to sure about that buddy. I think all the posts here are very much relevant.

On the using UI as AI front - fair enough it's worked for you so far. Try using UI aircraft for major airlines, load up Heathrow and let me know how you get on...;) Anybody using UI aircraft for AI (in any volumes) will experience at least reduced frame rates.
flyingcarpet75.com | FAIB Beta Team | AIG Dispatch
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Post by Garysb »

edryan wrote:I have been adding what you call UI aircraft for years to my flightplans using Simple AI utili..no problem working in FS2004 at all.

With the MAIW air bases, I try to add even other AI aircraft and flights and they show but no movement. So I think most of what I am hearing is irrelevant as I have been doing this for years w/o a problem.

Any reason why they will not move?

Thanks...Ed

We'll not bother then
Do have fun :smt006

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -