Mother Russia

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
akrite
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Re: Mother Russia

Post by akrite »

oh yes Mike, another plane I'm looking foreward, 'cause it was based in former East Germany ! So I can set up some TNG on ETNL which I'm currently working on. It wil be more enhanced than the original AFCAD and more than the screenie shows:
Attachments
80ETNL-AFCAD-upd5.jpg
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

Something tells me I am unconciously re-creating Afghanistan, circa 1980 or so.....

I think the Sovs nicknamed this one the "Crocodile"........ something for the spring release schedule, this model set will cover the MiG-23, MiG-23BN, and MiG-27. Two seaters come later in the process. Again, as with my Starfighter series, not to one-up Ralf Kreibich, but I think he would like these models very much, and I thank him for his contributions to the hobby. The fuselage/wing gloves/stabilators/tail is a single modeled piece, so each aircraft in this picture only has three physical parts right now (fuselage and two wings); and the red shows all of the future animations.

This is what I do with three free hours and a sickeningly active mind.

:smt004
Attachments
mpai_mig23_primitive.jpg
Sluffer77
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Sluffer77 »

Do you ever take a day off Mike? lol.

Eagerly anticipating these beasts. The Warsaw Pact skies are going to be reverberating to the sound of Tumansky's.
A sense of humour must be maintained at all times.

Gaz
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

And just that quick...... all of the core fuselage models, I am kind of sick that way, lol.... note the Flogger-A is the very early one, with the smaller wings without leading edge flaps.... and the Flogger-K was the last production variant. I've also added a few common parts like splitter plates, intake/exhaust interiors, and the big ventral fin. There are a lot more sub-variants, but all are based upon these five fuselage/wing combinations, so it goes quick from here, after I finish up a couple of other projects first.

Attachments
mpai_mig23-27_core_fuselage.jpg
Sluffer77
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Sluffer77 »

Awesome sauce :)
A sense of humour must be maintained at all times.

Gaz
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Amazing to see these coming out with the amount of detail given to each varient, I suspect many will try to use them as flyable models as the "Mother Russia" airframes do not seem to have a huge presence in flight sim.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
HorusJ
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by HorusJ »

You are blowing my mind Mike! :smt119 My second favorite Mig,the 27!
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

Victory103 wrote:Amazing to see these coming out with the amount of detail given to each varient, I suspect many will try to use them as flyable models as the "Mother Russia" airframes do not seem to have a huge presence in flight sim.
These, as with all of my models, are absolutely unuseable for actual flying, as they are XML programmed to do everything automatically (wing sweep, flaps, spoilers), and even the afterburner effect is written into the aircraft design. Yes, my variant count is diverse, but I am just a casual modeler, and these are not even in the ballpark of the quality of what I would expect in a flyable model (even the crappy ones here and there, lol).

As hard as it may be to believe, there is still another new Russian aircraft about to be premiered on this thread, but it is a lot more built than these primitive Flogger shapes, so I will wait until it's pretty much at the same standard as the Su-24 (probably by next week). And I haven't forgotten about Mr. Bear.

campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

mikeblaze wrote:
Victory103 wrote:Amazing to see these coming out with the amount of detail given to each varient, I suspect many will try to use them as flyable models as the "Mother Russia" airframes do not seem to have a huge presence in flight sim.
These, as with all of my models, are absolutely unuseable for actual flying, as they are XML programmed to do everything automatically (wing sweep, flaps, spoilers), and even the afterburner effect is written into the aircraft design. Yes, my variant count is diverse, but I am just a casual modeler, and these are not even in the ballpark of the quality of what I would expect in a flyable model (even the crappy ones here and there, lol).

As hard as it may be to believe, there is still another new Russian aircraft about to be premiered on this thread, but it is a lot more built than these primitive Flogger shapes, so I will wait until it's pretty much at the same standard as the Su-24 (probably by next week). And I haven't forgotten about Mr. Bear.

Casual modeler you say :shock:
Mark
Makadocias
Captain
Captain

Post by Makadocias »

Mate you are no "casual" modeller.....

You are a bl**dy Genius!
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

Here is the weekly update for this thread..... Some things are very nearly ready to go. And don't forget, I promised one more new aircraft announcement before the end of the month for this thread.

Attachments
mpai_su24_beta.jpg
mpai_su15_traffic.jpg
akrite
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by akrite »

... you are the best, the speed and quality are unbeatable ! Thanks Mike, looking foreward !
Bora

Post by Bora »

Very impressive work !

Thanks a lot !
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

Good job Mike, I hope the next one is the SU-24+1

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
miljan
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by miljan »

Su-25???
VIVA LA VIDA
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

miljan wrote:Su-25???

:smt049 :smt049 :smt049 :smt049 :smt049 :smt049
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

Y'all are killing me, lol (but in a very good, loving way). I could be cruel and state that Su-24+1= Su-24M1, but all that binary language crap gives me headaches.

I wanted to wait until I did a couple of things to bring this to finished single-LOD alpha, before I premiered it, but I am trying to get the first 2014 project out the door before the end of January, so this got put on the back burner for a short time. This is the Su-25 Frogfoot (or Grach, or Rook), with the Su-25, Su-25T, and Su-25U core fuselage models. Please ignore the distorted black lines, I was adding in the lines overlay to do my own, and these are not accurate for now. I am getting better at the four-side polygonal texturing thing, and I am going to re-do the fuselage so it is separately mapped right/left and top/bottom, and will be a better surface template for the camo schemes I want to do.

As for projects, I have made a challenge to myself to release one new aircraft per month for the entirety of 2014. And I mean aircraft families, no cheating and using the MiG-23/27 as two, lol. The Su-15 is probably going to be the first 2014 release, followed closely by the Su-24, and the F-100 on the Century Series thread. Some follow-on projects like the NB-52 full package I promised Martin, don't count in my new aircraft count, but will be done. And as for 12 aircraft in 12 months, I always like to exceed my goals (and I released 13 new aircraft in 2013). We'll see how it shakes out, but it's going to be a good year.

Attachments
mpai_su25_alpha.jpg
Ramrod18
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Ramrod18 »

Thanks, Mike,

I wish I had one percent of your talent and drive. You, Sir, are awesome! :D

- Ron
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Wow a model a month :o
Attachments
image.jpg
Mark
akrite
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by akrite »

OMG Mike , I've dreamt of the Su-25 Frogfoot , an real Post Cold War Fighter which saw partly services in real scenerios(Afghanistan) - Thanks a lot ! Looks awesome !