Mother Russia

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Re: Mother Russia

Post by Garysb »

No pressure Mike
Looking forward to wing tip airbrakes :D

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
miljan
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by miljan »

Can't wait to see how will you arm "Грач". There will be plenty of models I see... Unfortunately Bulgaria will withdrawn all of them this year...
VIVA LA VIDA
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Post by bismarck »

:? I need a more capable Hard disk....

Giorgio
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RKE »

Wow, the skies over Russia (and elsewhere) sure are about to get a heck of a lot busier :shock:

But where to start?! :lol:
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

Pre-release final paints....... Re-worked metal textures, re-worked camo, added the later (striped) drill missiles, plus some last-minute modeling things.

:smt004
Attachments
mpai_su15_traffic.jpg
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

Here is an Easter egg of sorts.....

According to research, the only active Su-15 users were USSR/Russia and Ukraine. However, Georgia inherited about forty-odd aircraft at the break-up, but traded them in for Su-25s. Additionally, the Egyptian Air Force operated a (Russian-crewed and serviced) squadron in the Cairo area in the early-to-mid-1970s; not sure if the aircraft kept the stars or were re-branded in Egyptian roundels. So, I have taken a little artistic liberty and provided some paints and serials for each of those two countries. This is not a total what-if, since the aircraft were owned by Georgia, and operated by Egypt. If nothing else, it gave me an excuse to use that mottled camo one more time.

Attachments
mpai_su15_bonus.jpg
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

First shot for 2014, just uploaded the Su-15 to AVSIM and AVSIM.RU........ hey, I'm right on schedule, lol...... :smt004
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

mikeblaze wrote:First shot for 2014, just uploaded the Su-15 to AVSIM and AVSIM.RU........ hey, I'm right on schedule, lol...... :smt004
Well done Mike - superb job.............................................as usual. :wink:
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Jon
Major
Major

Post by Jon »

Thanks Mike.

Now available on AVSIM...
"To Err is Human, To Forgive is Divine. Neither of Which is SAC Policy."
AIG Beta Tester, General Aviation painter
Ramrod18
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Ramrod18 »

Thanks, Mike.

Looking forward to adding these. Please pace yourself - as much as we want and enjoy your talents, don't overdo! :lol: :smt006

- Ron
HorusJ
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by HorusJ »

Thank you tons Mike! I never thought I would see a dedicated AI Su-15,my all-time favorite interceptor! :smt041
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

Along with the first 2014 release goes the first 2014 service pack, although this is a minor one and doesn't affect too much functionality. The Su-15TM and Su-15UM models were re-compiled on my desktop, which I unpleasantly found out doesn't have the same xml parts compliation file as my laptop, where the bulk of the build happened. The only noticeable diff right now is that those two models won't have either animated chute doors or animated intake air doors; and the second canopy won't animate on the Su-15UM. All little annoyances, but not fatal in terms of aircraft basic function. The error has already been corrected, and I am issuing a service pack cleverly disguised as an expansion tomorrow. As a sweetener, I am throwing in two planned-but-not-produced models, the Su-15-30 (upgraded radar with R-40 AA-6 Acrid missiles) and the Su-15bis, which was to be the last production model with upgraded engines and avionics. I'm sure Horus will love this, and my apologies. I try to back out of trouble as fast as I occasionally get into it, lol.

HorusJ
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by HorusJ »

:smt044
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

Here are the previews of the expansion pack. From my documentation, they are as follows:

The Su-15 was proposed, but never built, in several alternate variants. The model numbers are authentic, but the "Flagon-XX" identifiers are purely arbirary by the author.

Su-15-30 (Flagon-J): was to incorporate the long-range radar and R-40 AA-6 Acrid missiles of the MiG-25 Foxbat; the missiles just barely clear the ground and the landing gear. I painted these flat grey like the MiG-25.

Su-15bis (Flagon-K): a follow-on improved build of the interceptor variant, and I gave it a mix of the early MiG-29/Su-27 camoflage schemes, and first-generation R-27 AA-10 Alamo missiles.

Su-15Sh (Flagon-H): a proposed ground attack variant, I gave it some small, but diverse, air-to-ground loads, and painted it in a four-color Frontal Aviation camoflage scheme.

Attachments
mpai_su15_expansion.jpg
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

I just uploaded the Su-15 expansion to the usual places (Western and Russian....)

mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

for all those traffic patterns RKE did in advance, I didn't forget this one.....

This is no particular variant, a basic Tu-95M fuselage with some add-ons modeled for later variants like the Big Bulge radar and the ESM strip antennae down the fuselage...... But all large parts are textured, and I am starting in earnest on the master textures...... This is actually a much less-complex model than most I have done, just darned big.......

Attachments
mpai_tu95_alpha.jpg
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

I see I'll have to get my QRA Lightnings ready for a North Sea intercept :D
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

Here are a few screenshots that I took of Mike's outstanding MPAI Sukhoi Su-24 Fencers during testing of my final version 2.7 FDE for them. :shock: 8)

Enjoy!

MPAI Su-24MR Fencer-E and MPAI Su-24MP Fencer-F 2-Ship Formation

MPAI Su-24M Fencer-D Starting Its Takeoff Roll

MPAI Su-24 Fencer-B (Late) Cruising at FL320

MPAI Su-24 Fencer-A Landing

Mike M.
    VulcanDriver
    MAIW Staff
    MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

You guys are great, amazing models and FDEs :D
    John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
    RKE
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RKE »

mikeblaze wrote:for all those traffic patterns RKE did in advance, I didn't forget this one.....

This is no particular variant, a basic Tu-95M fuselage with some add-ons modeled for later variants like the Big Bulge radar and the ESM strip antennae down the fuselage...... But all large parts are textured, and I am starting in earnest on the master textures...... This is actually a much less-complex model than most I have done, just darned big.......

Very nice :mrgreen:

No rush, still plenty of things to do before the Bear is rolled out. The Air Force plans and scenery is sorted, as are the Indian Navy plans and scenery, just working on the Russian Navy - and combining that with the May plans/scenery (as the UTT model appears quite advanced in its development).