RAF Odiham EGVO by Brian Clarke

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

RAF Odiham EGVO by Brian Clarke

Post by delbydoo »

Another bit of eye candy from Brian Clarke. RAF Odiham in Hampshire. Will be up on avsim later but for the time being, just for you guys, you can get it here

http://1drv.ms/1icYH7M

Dan213
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Re: RAF Odiham EGVO by Brian Clarke

Post by Dan213 »

Looks great! Will have to download that later

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Once again a very nice missing piece to the UK jigsaw.
Steve
Sluffer77
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Sluffer77 »

Thanks Guys. :)

It's up on AVSIM now
A sense of humour must be maintained at all times.

Gaz
halcon501

Post by halcon501 »

Enviado desde mi GT-I9195 mediante Tapatalk
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

Does this use any of my original scenery?
I know Vulcan Driver made the new hanger in the original package bgl
Or can it all be deleted
Cant be bothered to check tonight as it takes to long to load

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
Sonarboy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Sonarboy »

Hi Gary.

Just read your input on RAF Odiham.

When I first looked at the original MAIW scenery package of Odiham. I found that it was very deficient there were so many things that could be enhanced.

That said I started from a blank canvas and built the scenery up to give it a more authentic detail.

I have never believed in plagiarizing others work of which you seem to be accusing me. Over the twenty so sceneries I have produced I have stuck to that ethic.

So the MAIW package by you was totally discarded as it was way out....... Runway, taxi ways and hard standings and new buildings were freshly put in and all re positioned to the proper coordinates using ADE.

There is a slight problem when using MAIW Scenery Library objects. There are so many that it is difficult to keep track. As a normal there is no problem as unless it is specifically stated that scenery objects cannot be used. So a bit of a minefield !!

The only thing that I have used from what appears your scenery lib is the large Odiham hangar. (MAIW_egvo_lib_001)

From what you have suggested to delete the scenery, that is not possible as apart from the one item (hangar) the rest is all my time and effort and I think if you had loaded the scenery last night you would have immediately seen that before writing on the Forum.

It may be something that needs to be sorted with MAIW re the use of scenery Libs but at the moment there is no way of telling what can or cannot be used.

Hope this allays your concerns but take the time tonight to have a good look. However long it takes to load. My scenery is nothing like the rendition first produced by yourself.

Brian
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

Whoa boy! :x

"I have never believed in plagiarizing others work of which you seem to be accusing me"

First of all I am not accusing you of anything lets get that straight!
It is a perfectly fair question of "can I delete my scenery"?

You have answered it yourself, no not all, you still need to keep the library and possibly the textures because you have used the hangar that I mentioned in your placement.

Please read the post in its correct context!

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Well said Gary.
Mark
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Gents,
I don't think that Gary meant to imply that Brian's work was not his own and in the same fashion I do not think that Brian was meant to be aggressive at it seems.

I am sure that in the cold light of day when we are all less tired, and cooler (damn weather), that neither post would have been made in exactly the same way and we wouldn't be having this conversation. This could easily be an example of how a situation can quickly escalate or get out of control if we do not take care when we post.

Both of you are adults, so I would not suggest that you should apologise in public to each other. If no further mention was of the incident was made I would read that this was implied. If, on the hand, there is still some disagreement then I am sure that it can be resolved like Gentlemen.

To be clear, I mean via PMs rather than pistols at dawn. :)
Steve
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

PM's sent both missed!
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

I've got a weird problem, no runways, aprons or taxiways are appearing in the scenery. I'm using the VFR scenery and all the objects line up fine with the photo realistic scenery. Aircraft park in the right places and the a/c sits on the runway at the start point. But there is nothing showing, just the underlying scenery! I've used Brian's scenery with VFR stuff before and its fine. Just having problems with EGVO.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
jgowing
Captain
Captain

Post by jgowing »

VulcanDriver wrote:I've got a weird problem, no runways, aprons or taxiways are appearing in the scenery. I'm using the VFR scenery and all the objects line up fine with the photo realistic scenery. Aircraft park in the right places and the a/c sits on the runway at the start point. But there is nothing showing, just the underlying scenery! I've used Brian's scenery with VFR stuff before and its fine. Just having problems with EGVO.
I had exactly the same problem with the old UK2000 scenery of Northolt and the VFR scenery. Never did get to the bottom of it.. I tried everything such as scenery levels, AFCAD tweaking, et cetera, but all to no avail. Interested to see feedback on this new issue..

Jon
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Have you got any of the old alphasim sceneries? I had the same at Fairford with some scnery and found that their St Mawgan includes something akin to a global exclude. Disabled their St Mawgan and Fairford miraculously appeared.
Steve
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Ah may have. I have Just Flight British Airports installed. I'll have a look.

EDIT: Found it! JF included an exclude file for EGVO in the British Airports scenery. Removed it and all is well.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
Sonarboy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Sonarboy »

I only use FS9, so when making the sceneries with ADE so I don't encounter any real problems. I wouldn't have a clue how to answer a question re the problems that VulcanDriver experienced.

Good call Steve and many thanks for sorting it out.

Brian
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Thinking about this, it may not be a bad idea to point you guys to a very useful tool. It is called Everything and can be downloaded from here http://www.voidtools.com/. I use the portable version but even on this version you can have it run on startup, in the background, and even have it set a shell context menu 'Search Everything ...'

It is blindingly fast, knocks the MS search into a cocked hat. To give you an example it found 26 objects with 'egvo' in the title within 1.5 seconds, across all my drives.

You may find it hard to believe but if you are trying to find where you put those files, it is a god send. Try it.
Steve
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Good tip Steve. Will get that tomorrow.
John

VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Sonarboy wrote:I only use FS9, so when making the sceneries with ADE so I don't encounter any real problems. I wouldn't have a clue how to answer a question re the problems that VulcanDriver experienced.

Good call Steve and many thanks for sorting it out.

Brian
EGVO fits perfectly into the VFR photorealistic scenery BTW.
John

Sonarboy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Sonarboy »

Thanks John. Its a bonus for me to know it works with other programs.

Brian

:D :D :D