Scenery : Tanagra AB (LGTG) - Hellenic Air Force

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
gvbeek
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Scenery : Tanagra AB (LGTG) - Hellenic Air Force

Post by gvbeek »

Another Greek Air Base.

This time it's Tanagra AB (LGTG).
Based are 331 Mira equipped with Mirage 2000-5EG/5BG and 332 Mira equipped with Mirage 2000EG/BG.
I'll hope someone or somebody is doing a update of the repaints of these aircraft.

Parking;
331X and 332X - static aircraft of 331 and 332 Mira.
XXX - stored P-3B Orion's at HAI

Object library's used;
EuroMil_Objects_JS.bgl
Fence_JS
GGSE.bgl
greek has.bgl
haf_buildings_1.bgl
haf_buildings_2.bgl
haf_buildings_3.bgl
haf_buildings_4.bgl
haf_equipment_1.bgl
JGSE.bgl
Kingsley Object Library
MAIW_ABO.bgl
MAIW_Cargo.bgl
MG_ADF_40ft_Trucks
MG_MAIW_FireTrucks.bgl
MG_MAN_Trucks.bgl
MTtrees8.bgl
tm_airfield_extras.bgl

Have fun.
Attachments
LGTG - GvB.zip
(26.81 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
- Gert van B.
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Scenery : Tanagra AB (LGTG) - Hellenic Air Force

Post by delbydoo »

Thanks Gert :D
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Quality stuff, Gert. This is the sort of thing that makes this community great. Everybody doing a bit of what they can for the greater good.
Steve
Avtur
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Avtur »

Wow :D Life just gets better and better!....Thanks again Gert, as much as I loved my "old" HSP Scenery, this a great improvement :) Keep up the good work, anything Hellenic is much appreciated :D

Best Regards
Geoff
Never pick a fight with a one armed man 'cos whatever happens buddy you lose.
Christopher Barbas
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Post by Christopher Barbas »

Hi all

I have edit the AFCAD and make it compatible with FSX but I am experience some strange problems at the airport.

First off all after the AFCAD edit, the scenery objects are not always visible and I am getting FSX CTD there like "terrain.dll" and "util.dll". Both are recognized so far as addon scenery problems when they appear.

At the moment I have removed the scenery but I am posting my experience, you know maybe some see it and has a solution!

Gert, I have made the same at yours LGBL but no problems at all there!

Thanks
Christopher Barbas
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK the scenery missing problem I can help with.
The scenery is made using ADE and if you modify the afcad using ADE then you will lose scenery IF you have not registered all the scenery bgls, needed for that scenery, with ADE.
You can tell what you would lose if you see black squares in ADE when you load a bgl.

Now, having said that Gert has very kindly split up the ADE files into separate pieces to avoid this.
The problem will happen though if you load the afcad part (LGTG_ADE9_GvB.BGL) modify it and then save it WHEN you have your ADE settings set to 'Separate Airport and Object Bgl files'.
Then what will happen is IF you save your modified LGTG_ADE9_GvB.BGL with the same name it will auto create an empty LGTG_ADE9_GvB_OBJ.BGL and overwrite the one created by Gert.

The way to avoid this is to save the file as a new name and then rename it later and delete the empty OBJ file. The way to resolve your problem is to re-copy the original LGTG_ADE9_GvB_OBJ.BGL file from Gert's zip file.

I hope this makes sense.
Steve
Christopher Barbas
Captain
Captain

Hi

Steve you were right about the the missing obj.bgl, I delete it accidentally or not even placed at scenery folder, I am not sure but now everything is OK.

The other thing is caused from something else, it is something region specific or an effect is missing, I am not sure either, just from Google search!

Thanks
Christopher Barbas
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Glad we got one thing fixed.
For the second I am having to guess, as I don't have FSX. The first thing that comes to mind is that it is trying to load a default FS9 object. The second possibility is that there is a texture missing, again could be an FS9 default one.

I think that there are two things to try here, firstly see if it is just one time of day that it crashes, i.e. check dawn, day, dusk and night. Secondly, it might be a problem with an aircraft/texture so try removing ALL AI aircraft and see if you get the problem.

Finally, you might try using one of the tools available in the Microsoft Sysinternals collection, Procmon. You will need to set it up so that only checks for FSX, so Process Name is FSX.exe, and then add Path contains some part of where you store the scenery. So if it is in a folder called 'Greek Air Bases' then you could use 'Greek' (option = Path contains Greek) and finally add Result contains NOT FOUND.

Then startup FSX and then run Procmon before you select and load the base. This will highlight anything missing from that folder.
Steve
Christopher Barbas
Captain
Captain

Hi again

About loading default FS9 object,
cannot tell because it happens even with the default LGTG scenery, have to look it further although, I will load F1 Object placer and scan the area later to see the objects there.

About the 2nd,
it has been reported lately about AI aircraft causing those problems at FSX, must also further investigate!

About "Microsoft Sysinternals collection",
never heard it before I am grateful!

Thanks
Christopher Barbas
Christopher Barbas
Captain
Captain

Hi again

This tool "Microsoft Sysinternals collection" is absolute useful, I have play around a little bit and it is amazing, I'll deal with it but later Steve. I have no time for this now but it will definitely help.

Thanks again
Christopher Barbas
Chrisb
Major
Major

Post by Chrisb »

Thank you for Tanagra Gert.

Chris
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Christopher Barbas wrote:Hi again

This tool "Microsoft Sysinternals collection" is absolute useful, I have play around a little bit and it is amazing, I'll deal with it but later Steve. I have no time for this now but it will definitely help.

Thanks again
No problem, that Procmon can take a bit of setting up but once you get it correct then the only messages you get back will be for missing items that FSX, or FS9, is looking for and you can highlight the ones specific to a scenery folder. This is even easier if the scenery is in an individual folder.
You will find that you will need to do some excludes as well. I exclude 'Path contains .CAB' and 'Path contains Effects' to vastly reduce the amount of output.
Steve
JohnTenn
Major
Major

Post by JohnTenn »

With reference to crashes at Tanagra.

I had issues around Heraklion.

Hellas scenery project installed and upgraded Iraklion.

I traced it to a conflict between flattens in new format and flattens in the old A16n format.

Try disabling LGIR scenery. Check then if the problem goes away. That should give you an idea where to start looking for the cause.

John
JohnTenn
Major
Major

Post by JohnTenn »

My apologies folks.

Tanagra is no where near Tanagra.

Thinking of Chania, LGSA.

John
JohnTenn
Major
Major

Post by JohnTenn »

Tanagra in no where near Iraklion.
Christopher Barbas
Captain
Captain

Hi John

I am at FSX and no HSP/Hellas Scenery Project at my sceneryis installed, I have also LGIR from AEROSOFT installed.

For that reason I am editing the AFCADs and recompile to FSX format, I am removing also everything that has to do with terrain etc.
But as I said, I have the problem there without this AFCAD too. Maybe there is somewhere else the conflict but I cannot investigate it now!

Maybe it has to do only with the AI traffic as is also mentioned by Steve and I have read also at internet.

Thanks
Christopher Barbas
Mirage4FS
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Mirage4FS »

Sorry for being late to the party but I just spotted this thread.
Christopher Barbas wrote:About the 2nd,
it has been reported lately about AI aircraft causing those problems at FSX, must also further investigate!
If you have any FS9 traffic files among your FSX scenery it can cause problems with other true FSX traffic.

I tend to have only Mirage related MAIW scenery loaded so my question is this: is there a list of the sceneries required for the files listed below?
Object library's used;
EuroMil_Objects_JS.bgl
Fence_JS
GGSE.bgl
greek has.bgl
haf_buildings_1.bgl
haf_buildings_2.bgl
haf_buildings_3.bgl
haf_buildings_4.bgl
haf_equipment_1.bgl
JGSE.bgl
Kingsley Object Library
MAIW_ABO.bgl
MAIW_Cargo.bgl
MG_ADF_40ft_Trucks
MG_MAIW_FireTrucks.bgl
MG_MAN_Trucks.bgl
MTtrees8.bgl
tm_airfield_extras.bgl
I'm seeing Mirage 2000's sprinkled about from when I put together a flight plan package with Giacomo Gramazio (james84) back in 2010 and a couple big hangars (guessing that's where the Orions are stored) but no other buildings or structures further out on the base. Maybe I uninstalled something along the way. Is there a way to know what sceneries are needed for these additional objects?
Christopher Barbas
Captain
Captain

Hi Frank

I have all the FS9 traffic files converted to FSX format.

I suspect since a couple off days that maybe a MAIW scenery object causes the problem, I am not sure but I had again a CTD by flying around at LGLR which is the only airport I have the MAIW scenery scenery objects active, FSX just to remind!

I cannot be sure because I am working on something and I cannot have a complete Greece MAIW installation, in the other hand maybe that's the reason off CTDs also!

Thanks
Christopher Barbas