JASDF Bases

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: JASDF Bases

Post by clickclickdoh »

I took a break from coding F-2 flight plans to put this retro paint from 1994 in the download hangar:

It should show up with the next batch. A stand alone FP is included to put it at Komatsu.
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by TheFoufure »

Joseph29 wrote:
TheFoufure wrote:If you look the canopy, you'll see it's a F-16 model (from HTAI in this case).

The canopy is différent on F-2
I guess that is a good thing that I couldn't tell the difference between the two. :)
The big différence is the size. The F-2 is biggest (a little) : http://s534.photobucket.com/user/gibstu ... 8.jpg.html

The canopy is different : http://s751.photobucket.com/user/fiesta ... 6.jpg.html
delta64heavy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by delta64heavy »

I have a question. Can the Chitose AB (RJCJ) be used in conjuction with the Simmer's Sky New Chitose Airport (RJCC)? I'm doing a little experimenting and was just wondering if anybody else has tried this before.
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by RKE »

delta64heavy wrote:I have a question. Can the Chitose AB (RJCJ) be used in conjuction with the Simmer's Sky New Chitose Airport (RJCC)? I'm doing a little experimenting and was just wondering if anybody else has tried this before.
I doubt it, since Simmer's Sky has included Chitose AB in the scenery.
fex
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by fex »

[quote="delta64heavy"]I have a question. Can the Chitose AB (RJCJ) be used in conjuction with the Simmer's Sky New Chitose Airport (RJCC)? I'm doing a little experimenting and was just wondering if anybody else has tried this before.[/quote]

Hiya, I have experimented around with the scenery myself. Both Ade9 & Obj dont "fit" perfectly. I can give u my own Afcad that matches. I might have used some small objects from the maiw packages to fill it up a bit (but completely for my own use only, hope that is ok) :shock:

Greez Fex
delta64heavy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by delta64heavy »

fex wrote:
delta64heavy wrote:I have a question. Can the Chitose AB (RJCJ) be used in conjuction with the Simmer's Sky New Chitose Airport (RJCC)? I'm doing a little experimenting and was just wondering if anybody else has tried this before.

Hiya, I have experimented around with the scenery myself. Both Ade9 & Obj dont "fit" perfectly. I can give u my own Afcad that matches. I might have used some small objects from the maiw packages to fill it up a bit (but completely for my own use only, hope that is ok) :shock:

Greez Fex
Hi there Fex. Sure I will give your AFCAD a try, but I am still playing around with it. I will try it later on tonight.
delta64heavy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by delta64heavy »

Also anyone know of the author of the POSKY E-767 FDE that can be used as AI? I would really like to put that aircraft in FS9. Thank you.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Well I did one modification for the standard E-767 to work as an AI aircraft but there may well be others.
Steve
delta64heavy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by delta64heavy »

Firebird wrote:Well I did one modification for the standard E-767 to work as an AI aircraft but there may well be others.
Do you know where they can be found at? :-D
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Yes it can be found on my hard drive. As it is an unauthorised mod I am not going to publish it. I will however send it to those that wish it on the strict instructions that it is not for publication.

There is a drawback though as this morning my new PC failed. So I am unable to access it. Contact me in two weeks when the, hopefully, fixed machine is back.
Steve
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Question on the F-2s. Would you guys like 2015 flight plans with 8 Hikotai still at Misawa or 2016 flight plans with 8 Hikotai moved to Tsuiki?
fex
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by fex »

[quote="clickclickdoh"]Question on the F-2s. Would you guys like 2015 flight plans with 8 Hikotai still at Misawa or 2016 flight plans with 8 Hikotai moved to Tsuiki?[/quote]

2016 :smt003 :smt003 i was just about to update the japan flightplans :smt003 :smt003
thanks for asking
Greez
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

The F-2s have gone up in the download hangar:

http://www.militaryaiworks.com/download ... jasdf-htai

The included flight plans will put F-2s at Hamamatsu, Gifu, Misawa, Matsushima and Tsuiki. These fligh plans reflect changes to base assignments in the JASDF that are taking place in 2016. If you are using Ray Parkers excellent repaints of the JYAI F-15s, you may notice that Tsuiki has become a bit crowded. 304 Hikotai should have their flight plans adjusted so that they now fly from Naha (ROAH)

If you are using my original Tsuiki scenery from 2011, things will still be a bit crowded as it was made when far less AI traffic existed. An update to that scenery is underway.
volador
Captain
Captain

Post by volador »

Thanks Brent. Outstanding work!
Miguel
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

So nice to see Japan being so extensively covered. Great job Brent and John and Ray and Kevin and many others!
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

MIKE JG wrote:So nice to see Japan being so extensively covered. Great job Brent and John and Ray and Kevin and many others!
Emphasis should be on the many others part. In one way or another almost every member of the community has contributed directly or indirectly through models, paints, flight plans, VCP files, the programs we use to build scenery and flightplans, creativity, problem solving, education and support.

When I started these projects I knew about enough to swap a airplane in a flight plan or change a parking assignment. Everything beyond that I have learned from people here in the MAIW community. It has been an honor and a pleasure working with and alongside so many great people.

So, now... where do we want to go now?

The Tsuiki "update" I promised is almost done and should be released in a day or two. I put update in quotes because only about 1% of the original scenery survived the update, the rest being recreated new.

After Tsuiki I have three different projects that I am considering:

1) Tokushima: A dual use airport on the island of Shikoku, home to JMSDF TC-90 training.

2) JGSDF Metabaru: An army aviation airfield located on the southern island of Kyushu, near Fukuoka.

3) JMSDF Hachinohe: A P-3 base located near Misawa.

Of course, there is also the elephant in the room that I have had people ask about, Naha. I want to do a version of Naha, but I think that it's unique terminals deserve better than I can do with stock object libraries. If a modeler wants to take on making Naha terminal buildings, I would certainly take the airport on.

What would you guys like to see?
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RKE »

Just throwing it out there, but have you thought doing an E-2C package on the EDAviation model? AFAIK the 601 Hikotai is still operating that particular type.

Then again, it would probably have to involve Naha somehow, as there's a handful based there :)
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Agree with finishing all of the JSDF forces with available AI models. Maybe then moving over to RoK to really load up the Pacific region.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

What ever happened to the Japanese search and rescue JYAI blackhawks (the updated ones with the tanks) that was previewed about 2 months ago?
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

The UH-60Js are coming. They have become entangled deeply with another project that we are also trying to wrap up and get out the door. What is being put together is really very exciting and when it comes out I hope it is worth the wait.

The Tsuiki update project has gone to the Download Hangar queue for processing:

For those of you keen to move files around, there is a LWM2 landclass file involved to reshape the shoreline.