Prepar3D 3.4 Afterburner effects....

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
thetford569
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Prepar3D 3.4 Afterburner effects....

Post by thetford569 »

I have not seen this posted anywhere but I believe this started happening after P3D 3.4 was released. The afterburner effects on all aircraft look like a huge blob of light in the air. If you get very close to the aircraft they look somewhat normal but as the aircraft goes away it turns into a huge blob of light. Anyone else seen this and know of a fix? I'm considering just deleting the ab effects but I'm not sure what performance problems that might entail...

I've attached a screenshot which shows what I'm talking about. The further away the jet gets it just turns into a white blob of light...
ab_effect_p3d.jpg
Brandon
ado4567
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Re: Prepar3D 3.4 Afterburner effects....

Post by ado4567 »

I want afterburner for the ones for flight sim 2004
thetford569
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by thetford569 »

I guess nobody has a solution to this or suggestion? Are P3D users seeing the same thing I am? I guess I will just attempt to delete the afterburner effects for now to make this look better.

Brandon
swp53
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by swp53 »

Could you substitute the afterburner effect from the F-35A?
Past Beta Tester
thetford569
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by thetford569 »

I tried substituting the F-35A afterburner effect and it looked a little better but still had a blob look to it. Seems to be a level of detail or size issue because when you get close to the model the blob goes away but as it flies further away it gets larger until its just a ball of light flying across the sky.

For now I have just deleted the afterburner effects and they take off without burner and look fine. That will have to do for now and I can live with it.

Brandon
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

I guess this is only to be expected. The burner effects are all developed for FS9. The fact that they got to P3Dv3 before issues have arisen is pretty good going.
Steve
thetford569
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by thetford569 »

yes it is for sure. I'm pretty sure it started happening with the 3.3 update which I believe was when LM changed some backward compatibility stuff to move things forward. At least the planes are working and that's all I care about. Hopefully it will stay that way for future versions because I am definitely not going back to FSX or FS9. I need AI in the sky though....
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

A bit late to the party but I have the same thing with all attached effects: afterburner, smoke and lights. It seems like LM messed up and makes the effects grow larger with distance instead of the other way around.

The strange thing is that lights built into the mdl seem to be fine, but all lights (and other effects) that are attached via the aircraft.cfg file are affected.
Christopher Barbas
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Post by Christopher Barbas »

Hi all,

can you please be more specific of what exactly "P3D 3.4" version you are talking about.

I am running the previous from the last one the "Prepar3D v3 Academic 3.4.18.19475" which is the HOT FIX 2

The lights seems to be smaller and thats after the HOT FIX 2 if I am not mistaken, also the afterburner effect is glowing and thats also after HOT FIX 2 I think.

For the history,

Prepar3D v3.4 Hotfix 1 - 3.4.14.18870
Prepar3D v3.4 Hotfix 2 - 3.4.18.19475
Prepar3D v3.4 Hotfix 3 - 3.4.22.19868

EDIT : I think @thetford569 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:10 am, is correct here, things change after that, now that I am rethinking about it!
Christopher Barbas