Coronavirus/Covid-19 How are you doing?

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Re: Coronavirus/Covid-19 How are you doing?

Post by MIKE JG »

Our state governor has been waaaaay ahead of the federal government as far as being proactive and not reactive. He ordered all schools closed for a least 3 weeks starting Monday, prohibited gatherings of more than 100 people and has asked everyone to practice social distancing. That hasn't stopped the panic buying and hoarding at the stores, people are not taking this well so far. He has even asked dentists and veterinarians to donate their surgical masks to the health care workers in hospitals because we are going to be critically short of basic medical supplies.

Driving around today, it appeared that all of the shopping centers were still full, restaurants were still busy and people were not really staying away from one another.

I fear for our country....

What's even more encouraging is that we apparently get most of our medicine, both basic and advanced care meds from China and India. India has already closed its boarders, if they decide to stop exporting products including medicine....... well.....
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

They already have, Mike.
There was a story over 2 weeks ago that they stopped exports as they were getting no raw ingredients from China.

I was reading that India has had its first death. A man who spent the last 2 months in Saudi Arabia. The key thing about this story was that he was screened on arrival in India and passed as normal.
People are not very confident about India coping with this now that it has arrived. About from the sheer number of people it seems that doctors are not very good at getting a diagnosis correct there plus only 77% of all deaths ever get recorded. That is absolutely shocking.
Having said that somebody who I worked with was born in India doesn't actually know how old he is for sure not his actual birth day, as it was never recorded. He also said that his name is incorrect as the first time it was ever recorded was the first time he went to school and they wrote it down wrong and you are apparently not allowed to correct it.
Steve
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by TimC340 »

Indian society isn't as organised or compliant as China's, its medical system (along with most other systems) is fairly shambolic (with a few notable exceptions), and it already has to cope with a host of diseases and medical issues that kill far more people than C19 will in most countries. I suspect C19 will be very difficult indeed for India to resolve. However, I remain optimistic that the final mortality rate from C19 will, in hindsight, prove to have been rather less dire than some of the current predictions (as it has been in all varieties of SARS known so far), and that herd immunity will be fairly quickly achieved. The economic effects, however, may well end up killing more people than the disease will...