Texture question

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Texture question

Post by Joseph29 »

In P3D where would the best place to put files like prop textures and stuff like that (for best performance)? For instance the JYAI Blackhawks have a rotors texture file in each of the repaints. Could you put that file in the main texture folder? Or would it be better to make a texture folder, then put the rotor file in the folder, then add a texture cfg file to each of the textures?

I know that all the methods I mentioned works, but would one be a performance boost over the others? Or does it not matter.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Texture question

Post by John Young »

You can put a single copy of the common texture in the main P3D texture folder and that will save storage space and loading time. Make sure you keep a current backup of that folder though. If you ever have to re-install P3D you won't want to trawl around all your aircraft to find the common textures again and put them back there. I'm not sure about a separate texture folder.

John
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: Texture question

Post by Joseph29 »

Thanks. I have been reading that more AI makes loading times in P3D v5 longer than it was in v4 so if there is anything I can do to make it quicker I will do.