Which aircraft to add to AIFP?

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
crushnik
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Which aircraft to add to AIFP?

Post by crushnik »

I downloaded a T-37 package to tinker around with and made a flight plan between three Pensacola-area Naval auxiliary fields. They show up at at least one field, and I'm guessing the only reason I haven't seen these impressive-looking Tweets anywhere else is either due to no parking spots or I just haven't showed up when they have been there.

I set up the flight plan with what I thought were two planes, but it ended up being two versions of the same plane.

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere -- I did search before posting -- but if I wanted a two or three-ship formation in my flight plan, how should I be setting it up given these choices in aircraft selection?

Thanks,
Chris
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-10-03 154003.jpg
Screenshot 2023-10-03 152325.jpg
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Which aircraft to add to AIFP?

Post by Firebird »

OK this is quite a simple one. The information is there in the pics that you attached.
In your aircraft.txt AIFP shows that you have only 1x a/c. All you have to do is add more.

Now the reason that the same two planes show up is that you have both plans set to use plane #2.
In simple terms to get two different plans you need to add at least one of the other T-37s to your aircraft list. The key thing is that it must have a different AC# from the first one.
If you are not confident altering the aircrat.txt file manually then you use the Add Single Aircraft to List option under the Aircraft menu.

The second step is to alter the flightplan.txt file to point to the other (or another) aircraft.

You can either do that manually or in AIFP you double click on which ever plan you want to alter and then select the other aircraft you want from the drop down list. This list will show you all of the aircraft from the aircraft.txt file.

Does this help?
Steve
crushnik
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Post by crushnik »

It makes more sense after reading your explanation. How do people find out what destinations fit the aircraft? Just prior knowledge, deduction, or creativity?

I get pretty tickled seeing these planes here and there, so I'd love to build some kind of interactive page on my website where it would be easy to find what MAIW files to download.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

To a certain degree its mainly the first one although the second and third do play a role.
The key thing to remember is that most times mil aircraft do not land away at other bases. They take off and land at the same base. However, they do practise diversions at other bases so quite often people will use this to simulate a mission. Take off from A, PD or circuits at B, land back at A. That sort of thing.
The military will also utilise relief landing grounds if these exist in that area. They allow circuits to be practised away from the main base and alleviate the traffic there.

If you go to https://www.owlsnest.eu/ you will find that Martin has already created something like you want.
Steve