exciting news!!!

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
tornado3367
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

exciting news!!!

Post by tornado3367 »

hi guys! i bring great news!
i am planning to utilize unreal engine to make a airbase simulator!!!!
there shall be many features, such as:
. airbases from around the world!
.QRA launches, these can be set to random or be triggered by you!
. aircraft from many of the worlds air forces, from the cold war to date!
. air displays can be selected for many aircraft, from formation aerobatics to solo displays!
. you can simulate the bases during wartime or peacetime scenarios!
. and many more im yet to think up!
do you guys have any ideas on what i could add?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: exciting news!!!

Post by Firebird »

One thing that I always remember from my days that was spectacular was the Survival Scramble.
This was ordered, at least as far as 11 Grp was concerned, in exercises when an Nuclear explosion was imminent,detected or comms were knocked out by an EMP.
I know that the Vulcan fleet was dispersed from Waddington and Scampton in high tension times so that they couldn't all be knocked out at once. We used to have 4 aircraft come to Coningsby.

Everything that could fly, fully serviceable or not would be launched to pre-designated Fallback CAP positions. In reality non Fully Servicable aircraft were just designated as Go-ers with crews but not actually flown.
Normal ATC rules were not followed. The aircraft announced that they were taxying, lining up and taking off and ATC were purely there as a peace time safety feature should it be needed.

I remember from my days at LATCC(Mil) that the natives would get quite feed up and restless when Upper Heyford would have a Surge. It was similar to a Survival Scramble but was offensive in nature. This was on a Friday morning once a month.

So from your point of view a trigger to send every aircraft to specific location(s) immediately would look interesting from a watchers point of view.
Steve
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

I remember one of those at Lyneham where it was only supposed to be a taxy-scramble - out to the runway then back for tea and medals. Except the Taceval DS got the authentication wrong when they stood the scramble down. So 40+ C-130s got airborne. It took several hours to get them all back!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Oops! I hope that it wasn't the fuel shortage year. That would have p*ssed off so many people.
Steve
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

I think it was around 1985/86. If it had been 80/81, I think someone would have been court martialled!
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

TimC340 wrote:I remember one of those at Lyneham where it was only supposed to be a taxy-scramble - out to the runway then back for tea and medals. Except the Taceval DS got the authentication wrong when they stood the scramble down. So 40+ C-130s got airborne. It took several hours to get them all back!
Same thing happened at Kinloss, forgot the taxi bit!!!

Jim

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

impatient to see somes screens of videos.
jetpilot1980
Captain
Captain

Post by jetpilot1980 »

tornado3367 wrote: 20 Dec 2023, 18:06 hi guys! i bring great news!
i am planning to utilize unreal engine to make a airbase simulator!!!!

do you guys have any ideas on what i could add?
Ok I am interested... My first question when you say "airbase simulator" is this going to be a plugin to P3d, or a standalone sim more along the lines of an "AI watching fish tank"?

Is this going to be freeware or payware?

"Planning to utilize" is this already in development or just a plan? and or any time frame on such a project?

As for ideas... More in depth carrier ops would be cool perhaps find a way to make AI aircraft work with a moving carrier; and or have actual action on the deck plus some sort of carrier ATC integration (seems like DCS has cornered this market and the teases for P3d from SWS never came to fruition)... Perhaps some combat attributes so these aircraft can be used in / take part in a "shooting war" would be cool...
tornado3367
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by tornado3367 »

its going to be a standalone freeware sim
i haven't begun yet, as i am trying to get to basics with unreal engine
carriers are a great idea!
as well as air to air refuelling
tornado3367
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by tornado3367 »

ive also got a bit of a problem! im planning to have different sceneries of airbases, as well as different aircraft, all readily available on a website i will create! but im not that brilliant at creating aircraft or scenery i hate to confess it, so im hoping you may give me some help with creating this project!
im autistic as well, so i sometimes find it hard to take some things in!
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Are the aircraft AI, flyable or static? If either of the first two, what engine are you going to develop to enable them to work with a specified FDE and how is that FDE recorded? It's not an easy task as Asobo have found in relation to MSFS. You can't lift the Microsoft system because it's copyright to them.

John
tornado3367
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by tornado3367 »

they are all going to be AI controlled. onboard cameras will accompany the aircraft so you can see the pilots/crew hard at work during a sortie!
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

So, this is a new simulator that you are designing from scratch, with scenery and an AI engine and aircraft. Good luck with that. What sort of timescale are you envisaging?

John
tornado3367
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by tornado3367 »

hopefully about 11 months- a year or so!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Well you are a man that likes a challenge. At least you know that there are some people here that will do test work for you as you progress.
Steve
tornado3367
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by tornado3367 »

hello again all, i really would love some help in making this simulator a reality, both software and addons. can anyone who is strong in this field of expertise help me?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

That doesn't really narrow down what kind of help you need. Could you be a bit more specific?
Steve
tornado3367
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by tornado3367 »

sorry steve.
the help i need is someone to make the software, and someone to make the addons. i know it makes me seem lazy and unmotivated, but because of my autism, i find many things hard to click in my head.
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

So what you want is someone to make a new flight simulator that you can then play? I’m sorry if that seems unsympathetic, but you don’t appear to want help, you want someone to do it for you. Or have I missed something?

MSFS 24 will be out shortly. DCS is available now with all the features you mentioned above. The addon packs that give the functionality you want are not cheap, but then it takes a huge amount of work by a lot of people to make them. Realistically, this kind of software work costs around £3-500 per day per worker. What is your budget?
Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by Tranquil »

Hmmm im not sure i know anyone who has hundreds of hours to spare for free designing and making a game/sim, what skills do you have to offer in making this happen? can you code? design scenery? textures? sounds? make models? etc etc

Maybe pitch your ideas to a software developer?
Image Image
The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to space travel.