Hoping someone here might be able to help

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
md11driver44
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Hoping someone here might be able to help

Post by md11driver44 »

I have AI Flight Planer (AIFP) V.3.4.3.15 on my computer but for some reason I cannot get any AI aircraft, civilian or military, to show up on my Flight Simulator (FSX). Is there something I need to do with my AIFP to get my aircraft to show up? Also, I have tried to contact people from FS Developer but it keeps telling me that I did not use the CAPCHA?
Attachments
screenshot93.JPG
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Hoping someone here might be able to help

Post by Firebird »

Well from what you describe it sounds like you are able to compile plans and get no errors or red aircraft titles. Can you confirm that this is so.

Three things come to mind.
Firstly, check that you have no FS9 traffic files on your system. Under Bulk Traffic use the Find FS9 Traffic Files option.
Check that there are none.
Secondly, check that the compiled files are going to a valid folder for FSX. If not then the system won't see them.
Thirdly, check that you have have suitable parking spots at your base(s).
Steve
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by TimC340 »

Fourthly, check the 'Traffic' slider in Options. That's caught me out more than once!
Jorgen
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Post by Jorgen »

The default location for the traffic files is \Scenery\World\Scenery, and I have always kept mine there.

If there are any other possible locations, then I don't know about them.

But a quite different problem may be Windows permissions. The default installation location for FSX is C:\Program Files (x86)\ etc etc, which is most unfortunate since it falls under the jurisdiction of UAC (User Account Control).

If you have FSX installed there, then if possible I would urge you to uninstall and reinstall "somewhere else", for example under C:\FSX or on a different drive.

I also realize that this may not be possible for you, so then you could turn UAC off instead.

In any case, having your simulator (no matter which one) outside the scope of UAC will help you avoid issues in the future.

Jorgen
gavinc
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by gavinc »

It is hard to tell from your screenshot but it looks like all your aircraft are red.

That means they aren't being found. Make sure the names of your aircraft in your aircraft.cfg are the same as the names you are using in your flight plans.

The other reason could be if you have any FS9 compiled flight plans in FSX then none of the FSX compiled plans will show. There is a tool in AIFP to search for FS9 plans.

Gavin
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Do you get any warning requestor up when you compile?
Steve
md11driver44
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by md11driver44 »

I had to uninstall and reinstall FSX under C:\ Everything works now. Thank you fo all the help.