Scenery and supporting AI for John's KC-390

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Re: Scenery and supporting AI for John's KC-390

Post by f4nutter »

bvanhout wrote: 15 Feb 2024, 06:32
f4nutter wrote: 14 Feb 2024, 22:52 ok I will get on with the AMX, Henk do you think you could help with the active serials again please scramble only gives me the first 30 most of which are stored thanks.
In scramble check the box "Active Aircraft only" Ray.

5500 A-1AM (AMX) BX001
5504 A-1AM (AMX) BX005
5506 A-1M (AMX) BX007
5507 A-1M (AMX) BX008
5510 A-1AM (AMX) BX011
5520 A-1M (AMX) BX021
5523 A-1AM (AMX) BX024
5525 A-1M (AMX) BX026
5526 A-1AM (AMX) BX027
5527 A-1M (AMX) BX028
5533 A-1A (AMX) BX034
5534 A-1A (AMX) BX035
5535 A-1A (AMX) BX036
5536 A-1A (AMX) BX037
5537 A-1A (AMX) BX038
5539 A-1A (AMX) BX040
5541 A-1A (AMX) BX042
5543 A-1A (AMX) BX044
5544 A-1A (AMX) BX045
5652 A-1BM (AMX-T) BT003
5654 A-1BM (AMX-T)
5657 A-1B (AMX-T) 6557?
5658 A-1B (AMX-T)
5659 A-1B (AMX-T)
:smt007 ahaha it would be that simple wouldn't it lol, thank you.
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Jon wrote: 15 Feb 2024, 12:03 Tim,

I've painted the Brazilian Phenoms 100s and they are in the Hanger, or at this link.
https://kyles-ai-works.com/wp-content/u ... jondix.zip

Marco Kosterman has done the Legacy 500's, link below.
https://jcai.dk/brazilian-air-force-emb ... -50-fleet/

I can also do the Learjets as well, and for planning I should have the C-98A's finished by the weekend.

Did find these from 2016.

https://militaryaiworks.com/download-ha ... force-htai
Hi Jon

Yes, I've got the Phenoms and the Lears (if you look closely at the screenshot above from SBBR you can see them, but it's not very hi-res!). I think they're fine for our needs. Excellent news about the C-98As, thank you.
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Firebird wrote: 15 Feb 2024, 11:12 Tim,
If this helps any Scramble shows that there is one C-98/99 unit at SBAN.
If you then search for that unit in the database they have 5x E-99M and 3x R-99s.

So if you are just doing a package for SBAN then that should simplify it.
Now the C-98s seemingly are used as light transports and base hacks. As 2°/6°GAv also has C-98 on its allocation.
Now I am not completely au fait with the Brazilian naming system but I think that the unit name means the 2nd sqn of 6 Wing.
In the database there are none allocated specifically to 2°/6°GAv.

I think that any C-98 is a temporary allocation for hack purposes and 2°/6°GAv are the ones that operate it.

Of course I could be reading it wrong but there are none allocated specifically to 2°/6°GAv.
Steve, that's pretty much how I read it but it's not exactly clear, is it. :mrgreen: I know that as soon as we go live we'll get info from someone in-theatre to say we've got it all wrong!

To be clear, John's and my focus is the KC-390. When we looked at what was available to support it and where it was to be based, we discovered that Brazil hadn't been covered very much in the past and that it was a very interesting subject. I wasn't going to take on Rio International - the other main base for the KC-390 - as we already had an MAIW-modified AFCAD for it and it's far too big a project. It's probably also covered by payware somewhere. However, there was nothing in FSX/P3D for SBAN so I decided to take it on. There is a rather nice FS9 scenery for it, and I did attempt to contact the author, but he's gone dark.

Of course, SBAN also hosts several other types so we widened the scope, John was keen to take on the C/E/R-99s, and (as the thread shows) we thought it would be nice to be able to properly represent all the types likely to be seen at the base. That inevitably widened the scope to traffic and other bases. We have one or two in the Matrix portfolio, but they're just lightly modified stock AFCADs so I've modified a few more stock airfields and we'll include them in the package. If I get time, I'll throw in a few details like the Zeppelin shed at Santa Cruz, but the main aim is to get traffic to feed to SBAN from credible sources which the user can go and have a look at if they feel like it. If that encourages others to make an airfield or two, that would be great!

So call it SBAN plus!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Ahhh, the old project creep syndrome.

Also I think that the Legacy 500s that Jon mentioned are payware so i don't think that you can count on those.
Steve
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Firebird wrote: 15 Feb 2024, 14:15 Ahhh, the old project creep syndrome.

Also I think that the Legacy 500s that Jon mentioned are payware so i don't think that you can count on those.
It's a fair cop, but we thought it worthwhile as supporting 'atmosphere' for the KC-390 - and it does seem to have captured the imaginations of the team here, so I think from that perspective it's been a solid filip for MAIW! I just hope that what I produce does it justice...

I hadn't looked at the Legacy 500; indeed I wasn't aware it was in the orbat. With the best will in the world, we're not going to be able to replicate the entire FAB in this project, and I wouldn't want to state that as an objective. There's enough to be going on with as it is, and I would like to keep the timeline tight. If this project enthuses the users as much as it has the creators, we can return to it and add to it as and when we have time - or we can encourage new creators to get involved.

After a break for time to breathe and do real life stuff, I'm sure John will want to push on with other KC-390-related stuff. He's already done a couple of Portuguese examples so I'll have a look at what we have to accommodate those next. I've mentioned Hungary - another interesting subject - and there are plenty more after that. I'm angling for a museum project or two as well at the moment, so my computer is getting a bashing!
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by f4nutter »

had to make the paint kit from scratch on this one, but a few more details and they are done.
Tim if you can't get a reply from Mark(Tranquil) about the Gripen then I could paint them on the C model, unless we have an E model somewhere ?

John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Ray, could you post the RGB values of the grey and the green you are using for the camouflage please? I'll see if I need to adjust my KC-390.

John
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by f4nutter »

hi John,
the green is : R67,G104,B87 the grey is : R137,G144,B149

John and Tim, I have put the F-5's in my FTP P-3's and A-1A to follow.
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

f4nutter wrote: 16 Feb 2024, 00:08 had to make the paint kit from scratch on this one, but a few more details and they are done.
Tim if you can't get a reply from Mark(Tranquil) about the Gripen then I could paint them on the C model, unless we have an E model somewhere ?
That looks great, Ray!

I have made contact with Mark. He says he's done the first 7 F-39s, but hasn't released them. He hasn't committed to releasing them to us as yet; maybe there's some aspect of it he's not happy with. However, I retain hope that he will. But he's not particularly interested in doing the rest of the yet-to-be delivered fleet; renumbering isn't his bag - as we all know, his speciality is the special-occasion schemes at which he's so good.

There is a C/D model (KRAI I think) available, but no E/F. I know John's looked at it and noted some differences, but I believe they aren't that significant (to this non-expert in Swedish fighters!).
Jon
Major
Major

Post by Jon »

C-98A's are done. I've also sent them to the Hanger

Marco was kind enough to remind me the plans for the Brazillian Legacy aircraft were done by Danny Jones.
https://oneclickhangar.com/forum/index. ... 42#msg9642

Making good progress on the Learjet 55 (painting on the Lear 60 model by JBAI) color matched to my Phenom paints.
"To Err is Human, To Forgive is Divine. Neither of Which is SAC Policy."
AIG Beta Tester, General Aviation painter
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Fantastic, Jon. I've emailed Henry asking permission to use his C-208 Caravan 1 model for our project, so fingers crossed we get a positive result.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Ray, thanks for that. I'm going to run with your RGB values for the Brazilian camouflage. It's a little bit lighter than mine and that will help in the more gloomy P3D setting. To see the difference in the texture sample below, the left side of the KC390 fuselage has your values and the right side, mine, without the AO layer in play. The second image has the AO active, which tones down both sets of values a tad.

It's a quick job to make the change, so no problem there.

John
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

And NEWSFLASH...

we have Mark's paints for the F-39E/F, which feature the 7 aircraft delivered to the end of last year. There's no need to go for more aircraft just now as we have no idea what changes may be made for the future - we can come back and look at that in a year or so.
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Further newsflash: Henry Tomkiewiecz has agreed to allow us to use the Caravan 1 model in the package subject to accreditation. I have the email from Henry; is there a document library I need to copy it to?

Current progress:

gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Best if you can forward it to me, Tim. I have all the approval mails that I am aware of. But a good idea to put them someplace accessible.

Send from mobile hence short
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: FSX

Post by gavinc »

TimC340 wrote: 16 Feb 2024, 18:29 Further newsflash: Henry Tomkiewiecz has agreed to allow us to use the Caravan 1 model in the package subject to accreditation. I have the email from Henry; is there a document library I need to copy it to?
Question - Is he allowing us to use the model converted by Graham (Orbx)? I can contact Graham to make sure there is no issue via Orbx, or I can do a quick conversion of the original model myself.

Gavin
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Looking good! Maybe someone can update the Brazil 295M paints also. I think they added two planes since they were last painted (and one of the is in a SAR livery)
Jon
Major
Major

Post by Jon »

Great news. Learjet 55 painted on the JBAI 60 model as there is no AI model 55. Uploaded to hanger as well

Attachments
6100.png
"To Err is Human, To Forgive is Divine. Neither of Which is SAC Policy."
AIG Beta Tester, General Aviation painter
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

gavinc wrote: 17 Feb 2024, 00:12
TimC340 wrote: 16 Feb 2024, 18:29 Further newsflash: Henry Tomkiewiecz has agreed to allow us to use the Caravan 1 model in the package subject to accreditation. I have the email from Henry; is there a document library I need to copy it to?
Question - Is he allowing us to use the model converted by Graham (Orbx)? I can contact Graham to make sure there is no issue via Orbx, or I can do a quick conversion of the original model myself.

Gavin
Good point Gavin. I’d take it to mean we can use the model as distributed by HTAI, which we would need to convert ourselves. However, if Graham is happy for us to use his conversion that would obviously save some work.

If you’d like a copy of Henry’s email to forward to Graham, just PM me your email address and I’ll let you have it.
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Jon wrote: 17 Feb 2024, 02:14 Great news. Learjet 55 painted on the JBAI 60 model as there is no AI model 55. Uploaded to hanger as well

Thank you Jon.