Help with JASDF UH-60 SAR squadrons

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Help with JASDF UH-60 SAR squadrons

Post by Joseph29 »

I am trying to update my Japan UH-60J SAR helicopters and I need some help. Is there a website that tells me how many and which helicopters (registrations) are in a squadron? I am looking on scramble, but they don't have the base. For instance, when I put a UH-60J registration in, the result will come back Koku Kyunandan for the squadron.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Help with JASDF UH-60 SAR squadrons

Post by Firebird »

Well to start with you are correct. Koku Kyunandan means Air Rescue Wing. This has detachments on several bases which is why when you look at various bases you will see Koku Kyunandan as a unit.

So we get to the crux of the matter is there an up to date listing of where each aircraft is based? The answer is likely to be no. With a central unit it will determine when aircraft go on scheduled maintenance and will allocate another airframe to cover its absence. This likely means that there will be at least one change per month or two.

This is one of those occasions where you will probably just have to stick with the original package release, or you can roll a dice and chose where an aircraft will be based upon that. Both are equally as accurate.

Somethings are just not worth the effort to get 100% and by the time you do they will probably be out of date. If my memory serves me correctly I think that on 56 Sqn we used to send one for maintenance to St Athan about every 10-12 weeks and get a different one back.
Steve
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Thank you for that explanation. I have another question. Do you know roughly how many helicopters are assigned to each squadron? I ask because I have payware scenery for Naha and Chitose but never see more than one SAR helicopter at those bases. I would think they have more than one helicopter at those bases.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond but for some reason I missed this post.

In short, I don't know myself, but I would say that if you have any listing whatsoever then that will likely give you the numbers.
Steve
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Thanks.
geoffj
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by geoffj »

The site manager over at J-HangarSpace believes that there are usually 2 UH-60 at each detachment, including Akita and Niigata, with the balance for training sqn, undergoing servicing or in reserve. Airframes will be swapped around frequently for servicing and to even out flight hours.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

That is what I was thinking but I didn't know for a fact.
Steve
geoffj
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by geoffj »

No facts here either, just what we believe to be the case! :wink: