Installing MAIW packages in FSX

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
Holy Cheese
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Post by Holy Cheese »

Hi Cary,

I found that if I use FP_FS9_FSX to convert the plans, then only one or two of the other WOAI packages I have installed show up in the sim. By converting with AIFPC however, all packages appear and I have normal traffic. Fortunately I only installed 3 packages to test this and can confirm that this was the case on all counts. So now I am firstly running FP_FS9_FSX to make sure the airports get converted where necessary and then running AIFPC to convert the plans.

Know what you mean about finding time to covert the AFCADs, for dummies like me the learning curve for ADE is quite steep. I'll try to immerse myself more into the programme and see if I can do anything with it. If I can. I'll certainly post anything I do.

Cheers
Jack
P14u2nv
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FS9

Post by P14u2nv »

I have a question that is indeed from the newbie FSX charts;

Is it possible to use FSX releases, reverse engineer them thereby creating a suitable package for FS9?

I don't have the $$ to get a new pc, Vista and FSX etc.

Thanks in advance
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FSX

Post by CelticWarrior »

I'm sorry, I don't understand the question. MAIW doesn't release FSX packages, they are all for FS9. This guide is intended to show you how to install MAIW FS9 packages into FSX.
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
scott1
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by scott1 »

here's a funny thing. If you install the package into fsx it works without using any of the conversion programs. I have Osan installed in fsx and it has ai aircraft at the base and in the air. :roll:
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

scott1 wrote:here's a funny thing. If you install the package into fsx it works without using any of the conversion programs. I have Osan installed in fsx and it has ai aircraft at the base and in the air.
It will, but due to the date format being different in FSX you'll find your aircraft flying on the wrong day. For example, regular/full time units will be flying on a saturday and reserve units flying on a monday.

If you're happy with that, then don't bother converting them. :roll:
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
FlyEF
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by FlyEF »

And you lose the boat traffic and the FSX-Traffic!

Horst
felixfer
Cadet
Cadet

Conversion to FSX

Post by felixfer »

Thanks a lot, CelticWarrior. The migration from FS9 to FSX is very, very hard, and works like yours can help a lot of people.

¿Have you remarked that the visual appareance of AI planes has improved a lot after SP2? Those black ants are now shinning in white, and many dissappeared canopies have come back. But at the same time, the prop textures of many models (all of HT, for instance, and some PAI's) are now black.

I am workink in a LETO, essential for the spanish military traffic. Thanks to your advise, now I'll post it.

Thanks a lot, again, and best regards.
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by djnocturnal »

nevermind figured it out :)
ugo1
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

HTAI C-130 render problem

Post by ugo1 »

Hi

I just saw that with FSX SP2 under Vista the blade is not rendered. Is my problem or is an known issue?

Regards

Ugo
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Jeez, they really do make it difficult for people to cutover to FSX, don't they.
Steve
Aaron100
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Aaron100 »

Whoah, Can Any1 Explain How To Do it In A Simple Way For Idiots Lol i Dont understand how to convert maiw packs to fsx insted of fs9 because i wanna know how to do the Raf Coningsby Package But Dunno How To?
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

Hav U Read The Guide Wot I Writ?
scott1
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by scott1 »

Can anyone tell me why when I try to run the flight plan converter I get this message.************* Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Documents and Settings\scott abercrombie\Desktop\FS9DEL.txt'.
File name: 'C:\Documents and Settings\scott abercrombie\Desktop\FS9DEL.txt'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
Thanks scott1
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Well, I have no experience here but looking at the error, and I am assuming here that you have checked and that the file is there, that the problems lies in one of two things.

Either it can't cope with spaces in the pathname of the file, rare but it does happen, or that you have not installed some pre-requisite software neede to make the util work. Normally this is .net stuff, or msxml stuff.
Be warned here that if you think that .Net 3.0 will cover .Net 2.0 and 1.1 you would be wrong. They are all separate.

Of course if you are using Vista then I can't help you, and good luck with that.
Steve
scott1
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by scott1 »

I have all the net3 net2 and 1 and all updates from microsoft.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK, that rules that out, have you tried moving it to a new folder, not on the desktop, and running it or the root of a drive?
Steve
scott1
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by scott1 »

No but i'll try it and see if it works. Thanks scott1

That was the problem mine was on the desktop. I moved it to another folder and it works now. Thanks for the help.
scott1
Holy Cheese
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Holy Cheese »

A question for the gurus about the Top Gun package in FSX :)

I just installed everything, but the AIFPC programme is refusing to convert the flight plans for Mav's bike, because the flight level is 0. Does anybody have a way around this? I need to convert the plans to FSX format otherwise all my other traffic goes missing, and I'd really like to see Mav tearing along!

Cheers
Jack
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Try going to http://aifs.pvdveen.net/ and downloading FP_FS9_FSX.
Steve
Holy Cheese
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Holy Cheese »

Thanks Steve, but still no dice. Using FP_FS9_FSX allowed the fp to compile, but when I put it into FSX then half of my other traffic disappears and still Mav's bike doesn't show up at the times mentioned in the readme.

Cheers
Jack