The "Boneyard Project"

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
Jumpshot724
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by Jumpshot724 »

they are indeed at Tonopah. sitting in a hangar with the wings ripped off
They are at Tonapah, but let me clarify I think my intentions are still a bit fuzzy to some of you lol :D

Like we have the MAIW airshow pack, this is intended to be an MAIW strict pack. There is no real "MAIW Airshow" in the real world, and what I'm working on here is not supposed to be the actual real-world boneyard. It's intended to be "MAIWs interpretation" of the boneyard, containing ONLY MAIW package aircraft that have been retired on the real-world side.

I think this is a good idea, I might do a version in the future if I can ever finish my current project. I would try to get all the actual planes that are there tho. and paint them em up nice and faded. probably alot of work tho
To actually try to reproduce the actual boneyard in full would KILL your framerates, which is why I'm sticking with only MAIW retired aircraft which as of now is only the T-37 pack, F-117 pack, and the NAS Miramar Top Gun and Tomcat sunset F-14 packs. Of the sunset pack I will only be using the 2 aircraft that actually fly to DM since the others are in museums and stuck on poles outside base gates all over the country.

If the T-37, F-117, and F-14 modelers would like to repaint their models to reflect boneyard storage that would be excellant, but certainly isn't neccessary and I wouldn't dream of asking you to undertake the task. From the air, you can't see the "remove before flight" tags or chocks on the T-37 and F-117 aircraft I have already programmed into the MAIW Boneyard :D
-Joe W.

"I love the smell of jetfuel in the morning....smells like VICTORY!!"

Jumpshot724
Major
Major

Post by Jumpshot724 »

Ok, she's done!! (for now)

All I need to do is tweak the AFCAD, and add more T-37s (btw does anybody know a rough estimate on the amount of T-37s that were in the package and/or are actually stored at DM??)

So far there are:
39 T-37s
49 F-117s
108 F-14s

F-14 Storage

F-117 Storage & Tomcat overfill

Receival Ramp

More F-14 overfill

T-37 Storage

MAIW Boneyard Overview
-Joe W.

ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

Oh, that is just so too good to describe! Great job.

Ron
mr.bean
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by mr.bean »

Awesome screenies Jumpshot.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Jumpshot724 wrote:Ok, she's done!! (for now)

All I need to do is tweak the AFCAD, and add more T-37s (btw does anybody know a rough estimate on the amount of T-37s that were in the package and/or are actually stored at DM??)
There are 143 flightplans across the three bases in the MAIW package, does this help?
Steve
foufure

Post by foufure »

You can add a lot of F-4, F-16 and F-15. There are available in MAIW and are retired from active service.
Jumpshot724
Major
Major

Post by Jumpshot724 »

You can add a lot of F-4, F-16 and F-15. There are available in MAIW and are retired from active service.
Yes but they're not from MAIW, so no

There are 143 flightplans across the three bases in the MAIW package, does this help?
Yes, thank you :D
-Joe W.

SMOC
Captain
Captain

Post by SMOC »

How are they are not from MAIW? At a minimum Nick created the F-15 so they are MAIW.

Plus A-10, B-1, C-5, P-3, and I'm pretty sure T-38 aircraft are there as well. And they were created by MAIW contributors as well.
--Chris
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

Look's like what you thought would be a small weekend project turns out to be one hell of a lot larger! Still a good idea tho...

Ron
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

SMOC wrote:How are they are not from MAIW? At a minimum Nick created the F-15 so they are MAIW.

Plus A-10, B-1, C-5, P-3, and I'm pretty sure T-38 aircraft are there as well. And they were created by MAIW contributors as well.
If I remember from near the beginning of this thread he was talking about creating a boneyard of retired MAIW packaged aircraft rather than an accurate real world boneyard, but then again I could have got it wrong along the way :lol: .
Steve
SMOC
Captain
Captain

Post by SMOC »

Firebird wrote:If I remember from near the beginning of this thread he was talking about creating a boneyard of retired MAIW packaged aircraft rather than an accurate real world boneyard, but then again I could have got it wrong along the way :lol: .
I got that impression as well, Steve. But then his response for not including F-4, F-15 and F-16 aircraft was that they were not MAIW. I mean, it's his package to do as he pleases I just couldn't follow the logic tree. Realizing that the F-16 is HTAI, it's still used in quite a few MAIW packages and I believe the last of the USAF F-16A/B were all retired. I know the ND ANG retired their ADF birds and I thought they were the last of the A/B(I could be wrong).

But to the point, I just don't see the logic tree, Steve. :lol:
--Chris
Jumpshot724
Major
Major

Post by Jumpshot724 »

How are they are not from MAIW? At a minimum Nick created the F-15 so they are MAIW.

Plus A-10, B-1, C-5, P-3, and I'm pretty sure T-38 aircraft are there as well. And they were created by MAIW contributors as well
If I remember from near the beginning of this thread he was talking about creating a boneyard of retired MAIW packaged aircraft rather than an accurate real world boneyard, but then again I could have got it wrong along the way
When I say "MAIW" I mean aircraft from "MAIW PACKAGES" that have been retired. So once Langley gets rid of it's F-15s, then they'll go into this project. Once Shaw gets rid of it's F-16s, they too will go into this project. The only F-4s MAIW has released in a package is for the GAF, NOT going into the Boneyard since I wan't to keep it USAF/USN/USMC just for realism purposes.

I can see where it's confusing, and I've added the A-4s from the Miramar pack, but if I'm missing anything else that's in a package and has been retired please let me know.

I can see where this is all confusing to some of you, I don't know how else to describe it lol.
-Joe W.

f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by f4nutter »

WELL I UNDERSTAND YOUR IDEA AND THINK IT'S A GREAT ONE :lol:
IF YOU PLAN ON RELEASING IT AS A PACKAGE I WOULD BE PLEASED TO USE IT.
Jumpshot724
Major
Major

Post by Jumpshot724 »

SHE IS DONE (for now)!!!! THE BEAST IS RELEASED!!!! :D 8)

http://www.militaryaiworks.com/forum/vi ... 5102#45102
-Joe W.

Jumpshot724
Major
Major

Post by Jumpshot724 »

Since AOL won't let you send files over 16MB (ugh), I've reluctantly uploaded the file to AVSIM....

PS don't go by the picture that was uploaded with it, I accidently uploaded the wrong one lol. It looks a lot betetr than that trust me hahaha
Last edited by Jumpshot724 on 21 Oct 2008, 06:14, edited 1 time in total.
-Joe W.

mr.bean
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by mr.bean »

WOOHOO!!!!!! Will download tonight.
Jumpshot724
Major
Major

Post by Jumpshot724 »

Ok, re-released CORRECTLY (and with real picture this time)
http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=129232

APOLOGY
For those of you that followed what happened here, I just wanted to say that it was not my intention to release these files under the MAIW name. The thought process that I went through was "hey, they made the a/c, they made the original AFCAD, all I did was create some flightplans and add a tad to the AFCAD so I'll give them the credit". I realized AFTER I hit submit on AVSIM that it would probably turn out like it did, and I just wanted to apologize to the MAIW staff and all the contributors who put the time and effort in to create these fantastic works of art. As I said, it was NOT my intention to release this as an MAIW pack as I had already spoken to Des about it, and for various reasons it was decided that it would be better if I released it on my own. If anyone was offended or thought "what is this guy doing?", I don't blame you at all as if I were in your shoes I would have thought the same thing.

Let this be a lesson to those of you venturing out and posting your first files on a public site, to really read and think about what you're typing BEFORE hitting send, because they can not be edited once submitted. I know the lesson was learned here :D

And for the record, I feel really bad about all this. No hard feelings?? :?
-Joe W.

btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: P3D

Post by btaylo24 »

Hey there

No hard feelings at all, we know you did it with good intentions, and not malice. Its a nice package and recommend it to all...

U did a good job....

Barry
Last edited by btaylo24 on 22 Oct 2008, 12:32, edited 1 time in total.
Barry
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I echo Barry's sentiments completely.
Steve
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

Yes mate, nice package and I for one welcome "our" guys doing their own stuff. We are one big AI family here :D
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy