ADF AI Package

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FSX

ADF AI Package

Post by CelticWarrior »

Just announced on FlightSim.com ....

"The team that brought you RAAF AI from Australian Simulation (www.aussim.com.au) are pleased to announce the release of their much anticipated ADF AI packages for FSX and FS2004. These packages are selectware (exclusive freeware) and available for download now from Vista Australis (www.vistaoz.org).

What do you get?

* Self-installing packages which include all of the aircraft currently operated by and in support of the Australian Defence Force (and Royal Singapore Air Force units based in Australia), flying realistic AI routes based on actual flight plans;
* Correct parking for all aircraft (including at many civil airfields);
* New voicepacks through use of EditVoicepack (must be downloaded and installed separately, with some reduced functionality in FSX); and
* New AI B737 AEW&C, Tiger ARH, S-70A-9 Blackhawk, S-70B-2 Seahawk, P-3C, AS350B Squirrel, Westland Sea King Mk50 and SH-2G models.

Available for free download now at www.vistaoz.org "
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Post by bismarck »

:oops: :oops: :oops:
Wich is the file to download?

Giorgio
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

gots an interesting line of new AI models, definately gonna have to check this out
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

Do they use our P-3 or another?
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
Justa
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Justa »

bismarck wrote::oops: :oops: :oops:
Wich is the file to download?

Giorgio
ADF_AI_FSX.zip - ~53MB

Direct download link: http://fsfiles.org/files/ADF_AI_FSX.zip
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Isn't that just for FSX though?
Steve
Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Ford Friendly »

Just as you can use FS9 flightplan packages in FSX, the reverse is also true to a large extent.

FSX can use fp's in either "FSX-native TDB (traffic database)" or FS9 format fp's. FS9 format trumps the FSX TDB format if even one FS9 format plan is active - in such a case, only the ai traffic relating to that one FS9 plan would be seen in-world.

If the fp's are in "native-FSX TDB" format, they need to be converted into back FS9 format for FS9 to be able to use them.

If the fp's are in FS9 format, they can be used directly in FS9, but the day of the week will be off by 1 day.

The only other real issue that I have heard of is that MS, in their infinite wisdom changed and updated some of the ICAO's in the airport database - including reassinging ICAO's, deleting some, and correcting the locations of some. As such, some errors in the actual execution of the fp's can be expected when "going backwards" - so I have heard.

I know that since I use FS9-formats for all my plans (rather than the FSX TDB format), I have swapped plans with people using FS9 with few real problems. I use FP_FS9_FSX to do the conversion from FS9 to FSX. The only problem we've had is getting the dates to go back to FS9-weekday-orientation after I've made them FSX-weekday-oriented. Our process is to work out any problems using the FS9-weekday setup and ttools first, then I change it to FSX-weekday-compliance for myself as I'm the only one in our little group running FSX.

That's my experience.
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Thanks Justa, got it.

Have anyone tried it in fs9?

Bye, Giorgio
Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Ford Friendly »

There was a FS2004 version released which was dated 11/7/2008 4:12pm according to a zip file I still have on my disk. It's a different size (by 20mb) and I'm not certain it was released by the same people - but the name's darned similar "ADF AI for FS2004.exe". The size difference could be due to the difference between exe and zip formatting.

Unfortunately, I don't have a link to where I downloaded this from.
subs
Cadet
Cadet

Post by subs »

The "...for_FS2004.exe" file was put up with a link a few weeks ago here in the MAIW forums. I understood it to be a beta version? It didn't have the complete AI files included (like the Wedgetail and Tiger for instance) and some flightplans were not included (such as the Seahawk & Singapore AF plans).

I too am confused about today's release - I downloaded it but TTools doesn't want to decompile the traffic bgls that are included into .txts.

The AI models and textures seem complete though, with all AIs included.

Just for clarification, where can we get the completed FS9 version?

Thanks to all those involved in preparing the package too - KLUF is nice, but its even nicer when you see things that you recognise/see in r/l :o)

Subs
Graham King
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by Graham King »

The P-3 model is by Jake Burrus (aerogator). The Sea King was originaly by Elvis.

I painted the C-130's, P-3's, C-17's.

The aircraft and flight plans are contained in http://fsfiles.org/files/ADF_AI_FSX.zip. After installation the aircraft are all available. The flightplans are in FSX format, somebody else will have to talk about converting them to FS9.
Graham King

Why can’t they keep the colours in the bloody paint pots and just leave them grey

www.graham-king.me.uk

Bell 209
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Bell 209 »

G'day guys,

What Graham said! The FS9 version is waiting on the VOZ server for upload, so if you check back in a day or so, it should be available, too. If you're using FS9, wait for that version as the AFCADs aren't compatible otherwise.
andras1
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by andras1 »

Hello

does anybody know which of the models may be considered real ai? The chinook, the blackhawk and the seahawk do not have LODs, do they?

Many thanks

Andras
Bell 209
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Bell 209 »

Can't remember about the Chinook but I made four LODs for the Seahawk and Blackhawk.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

That could prove to be most useful then, Rob.
Steve
swimeye
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by swimeye »

The ADF package for FS2004 is available now from vistaoz.org. :D
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by f4nutter »

fantastic ! thanks too all involved.