AI F/A-18 and AI F-14 Carrier Version

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
Pixy
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

AI F/A-18 and AI F-14 Carrier Version

Post by Pixy »

Excuse me,can I ask where I can find AI F/A-18 and AI F-14 Carrier Version? Thank you! :D
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

There is no such thing.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Probably you can find a AI F-14 Carrier Version in one of the old Alphasim Pack.

Ciao
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

Alphasim's Payware USS Enterprise has a limited number of AI Aircraft operating from it. They are limited however, and without wanting to blow our own trumpets, somtime this year I hope that we will introduce you to true Carrier AI for Flightsim, and when I say that I mean aircraft that take-off like they are being launched off a catapult, and land like they are trapping a wire.

Keep your eyes peeled.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Does that mean that we don't or won't need to set up wires and catapalts any more????
sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

fishlips wrote:Does that mean that we don't or won't need to set up wires and catapalts any more????
Sounds like.

Nick,
if you want to drive the community insane create a teaser video :lol:
Jan
Former technician in MFG2 at ETME (home base of PANAVIA The flying computer TORNADO. sadly closed now)
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

In the case of the MAIW models that would be true.
There would be some limitations for flight plans, but those details will be released at the time that the models are done. As Nick says it will be some time yet so limitations may be altered or removed depending on the technology at the time.
Steve
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

Thanks Steve,

The AI will not need you to have a program like 3-wire or Carrier Deck to install wires and catapults, because the AI will be controlled by their FDE. Mike will tell me off for saying its simple because it isnt, but it is in essence "simply" a case of altering the acceleration and braking forces of the AI aircraft to operate on the carrier. This means they are unusable as land based aircraft however, and so causes alot of problems.

You only need the 3-wire programs for user aicraft not for AI, and hopefully our versions will mean that you wont see things like the alphasim version (taking nothing away from them because it is a great package) where you get an aircraft land shoot over the deck into mid air ahead of the carrier and then taxy back. The way we are working will see them confined to the deck as in the real world.

There will be a teaser as soon as we get it sorted and as soon as I have time to work with Mike on the project.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Post by mikewmac »

As Nick stated above, some of the trick with getting AI carrier operations to look somewhat realistic is associated with a special AI FDE for the particular carrier based AI aircraft, but the unique AFCAD(s) required for the carrier also play a very significant role. :wink:

Mike
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

I don't think the limatations will be to adverse as most bases that the F14 would visit have carrier practice runways. Is that not the case.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

The sort of limitations that we are talking about would be either IFR flights only or at the very least No VFR TNG's. That sort of thing, but we will publish once all of the limitations and features are known.
Steve